Sign in to follow this  
CyReN

Joe Fries Interviews Strongside

Meet Joe Fries' is a web series where Joe gets to meet some of the top names in the professional gaming and Esports world.

This time Joe gets to sit down with Strongside, a pro Halo player who has won several championship titles and has worked on other games since leaving the competitive side of the scene.

Joe Fries has been in the pro gaming scene since Halo 1. He is now traveling to numerous gaming events to catch up with the pros from throughout the history of competitive gaming.

Thought you guys might enjoy this.

• Upvote (+1) 7

1. There was a weird vibe happening the entire interview, one of those - I am at a family reunion dinner and a third cousin whom I have never met is sitting at the end of the table.... and I am just now realizing she is kinda hot - vibe. 

2. The music didn't do it for me, and about 2 minutes in I felt it got louder than it needed to be. It was a bit distracting.

3. I am impressed that Side was able to talk about the Infinity Challenge with a straight face. (wonder how many takes that took)

4. Fries hair should be dipped in gold and placed in a museum.

Props on putting out content!

• Upvote (+1) 2
  • Downvote (-1) 1

I hate to pick a fault because it was really cool but feels like he could of asked more it just seems really short. You easily of had a 20-30 min interview with him.

• Upvote (+1) 4

Okay interview but my god the music just got louder and louder. I need a hammer now to hit my self in the head with.

24954.gif

• Upvote (+1) 2

1. There was a weird vibe happening the entire interview, one of those - I am at a family reunion dinner and a third cousin whom I have never met is sitting at the end of the table.... and I am just now realizing she is kinda hot - vibe. 

2. The music didn't do it for me, and about 2 minutes in I felt it got louder than it needed to be. It was a bit distracting.

3. I am impressed that Side was able to talk about the Infinity Challenge with a straight face. (wonder how many takes that took)

4. Fries hair should be dipped in gold and placed in a museum.

Agreed, where was a weird awkwardness throughout the interview, it felt a bit too scripted for my liking. Nonetheless, cool interview.

Finally some decent Halo content!!! I've missed this. The interviewer actually knew about Halo (something we shouldn't take for granted) asking about Strongsiding etc., the music was cool and the editing professional.

More of this!!

The haters here I don't understand at all, this is by far some of the best Halo content I've seen by an independent channel in a while.

• Upvote (+1) 5
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Finally some decent Halo content!!! I've missed this. The interviewer actually knew about Halo (something we shouldn't take for granted) asking about Strongsiding etc., the music was cool and the editing professional.

More of this!!

The haters here I don't understand at all, this is by far some of the best Halo content I've seen by an independent channel in a while.

Not enjoying the volume level of the music is purely just an opinion.  Also, its ok to have a difference in opinion. 

You are right, the quality was there and it is great to see content being put out there. (still doesn't take away from the weird scripted love eyes that took place the whole time).

+1 to you - I will only neg if someone is ignorant, offensive or just plain trolling.  

tumblr_lm2qho2tJw1qafrh6.gif

• Upvote (+1) 1

(still doesn't take away from the weird scripted love eyes that took place the whole time)

Usually I would've commented on that right away but I applaud the (professional) effort put into this vid. Are they ready to go out on a date after the video? Probably. Joe even used his special strawberry gel that night. Anyway, good interview.

• Upvote (+1) 3

(still doesn't take away from the weird scripted love eyes that took place the whole time)

Usually I would've commented on that right away but I applaud the (professional) effort put into this vid. Are they ready to go out on a date after the video? Probably. Joe even used his special strawberry gel that night. Anyway, good interview.

Am I the only one who didn't notice the "love eyes"? Side is just a nice guy, and Joe Fries is his friend. In an interview your supposed to make eye contact with the interviewer. 

Not enjoying the volume level of the music is purely just an opinion.  Also, its ok to have a difference in opinion. 

You are right, the quality was there and it is great to see content being put out there. (still doesn't take away from the weird scripted love eyes that took place the whole time).

+1 to you - I will only neg if someone is ignorant, offensive or just plain trolling.  

tumblr_lm2qho2tJw1qafrh6.gif

How do people still exist that don't know the difference between "you're" and "your".. I know you didn't make this but how in the actual fuck.

• Upvote (+1) 2
  • Downvote (-1) 1

How do people still exist that don't know the difference between "you're" and "your".. I know you didn't make this but how in the actual fuck.

Those stupid gif creators! 

The interviewer actually knew about Halo (something we shouldn't take for granted) asking about Strongsiding 

The fact that you don't know who Joe fries is somewhat telling. Anyway, good interview.  ( I like how he didn't mention that he has tried to sell his truck several times now) :gandhi:

• Upvote (+1) 4

Now this is Halo content, no some stupid over edited montage 

I'll take an interview over a seizure-tage any day.

Good video. I hope he does more of them.  

( I like how he didn't mention that he has tried to sell his truck several times now) :gandhi:

I thought the interview was pretty good, but that and Joe's hair had to be the best parts of the interview.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Joe Fries = the best.

Semi-related note: I miss the LAN Network so much.

Pretty good, my only gripe is the length, I'd love to see someone in the Halo community do a Thorin-esque Grilled/Reflection series.

Thanks for the feedback, guys. Everything is appreciated. This interview was one of the first interviews I did and it was hard to improve without being able to see the film. That being said, I'll work on the scripted-ness of it, but I'm keeping the love eyes :maven: . We have a whole series of these lined up with 10 in the pipes right now. We should be releasing 1 per week. Next up is everyone's favorite Puerto Rican!

Be honest, did you and Side make out after that interview was over?

ada52ed13b55b6452caade1fbdcc6c8b77f6525e

Keep the vids coming!

1. Video should've been longer

2. Music was too loud

3. Awkward tension between you to

4. Should've asked Strongside what he thought about the rumored H2A/H5 and the future of the series in general.

5. Rapid fire questions were just... unnecessary.

Everything else was great, can't wait to see more from you Mr. Fries :)

• Upvote (+1) 1