Sign in to follow this  
Proven

Sunset Overdrive Thread

I've been looking for a reason to finally trade my 360 in for a Xbone.

Finally found it.

This is my reason to buy an Xbox One. This game looks promising.

Edit: ehhh, actually jus watched some game play. Kinda wish it was first person and the sliding on rails thing looks kinda odd.

This looks great. Love that it has a lot of great pieces from all of their older games. Really looking forward to getting some time with it. 

Interested what kind of co-op and multiplayer options there might be. 

the sliding on rails thing looks kinda odd.

It's because there's no momentum. Going up, down, or straight, and no matter how long the rail is, he goes the same speed. Makes it look odd indeed.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Not gonna lie this looks like Infamous in a 3rd person shooter world with Ratchet and Clank mechanics which...in my mind...sounds fucking godlike amazing jizz.

It's because there's no momentum. Going up, down, or straight, and no matter how long the rail is, he goes the same speed. Makes it look odd indeed.

Yeah, hopefully they fix that.

This looks like it will be a lot of fun. The movement on the wires/rails almost looks like an old school Tony Hawk game or something. Hopefully the story elements aren't super linear that's my only worry.

So...anybody getting this next week? Think I may have to pick this up after seeing gameplay and trailers.

So...anybody getting this next week? Think I may have to pick this up after seeing gameplay and trailers.

Going to be picking it up. Hoping it will at least hold me over until CoD, Halo and Assassin's Creed.

If anyone was worried about how the game would score. Have no fear. It's getting some positive reception! So far an 82 on metacritic! Happy for Microsoft for backing this game and Insomniac for bouncing back after the poor reception Fuse got. Pretty good year for Microsoft in regards to games they've published. Forza Horizon 2 with an 86 on meta, now Sunset Overdrive, and I'm sure TMCC will score great. 

I guess posting the gif a second time wouldn't hurt...

iu92LuxKgvnAj.gif

Just played a bit of it...it's like Dead Rising saints row style on steroids.

It's awesome, the jokes, breaking the 4th wall constantly, references.

And holy shit does the jumping and grinding on rails take skill, especially when the buttons are just foreign to you... e.g. grinding on the rail is "X" button, I would've wanted the bumper as the grind button, but it's just me not used to the button layout just yet.

Just played a bit of it...it's like Dead Rising saints row style on steroids.

It's awesome, the jokes, breaking the 4th wall constantly, references.

And holy shit does the jumping and grinding on rails take skill, especially when the buttons are just foreign to you... e.g. grinding on the rail is "X" button, I would've wanted the bumper as the grind button, but it's just me not used to the button layout just yet.

i felt the same exact way wishing the grind be attached to a bumper like rb. it just felt more natural as i jumped across railings to press a bumper instead of x but like you said its part of the learning curve.