Sign in to follow this  
Proximity

Unreal Tournament Discussion

new movement video by ut3 champ hypno

Like the multi-wall dodge jump, but the motion blur needs to go and double-jump needs to be added. I need to get my hands on this alpha, but I am so busy with summer courses right now.

dat shock rifle tho  :wub:

Like the multi-wall dodge jump, but the motion blur needs to go and double-jump needs to be added.

dat shock rifle tho  :wub:

You can always disable the motion blur in the settings. Motion blur sucks in any game, typical. Double jump would be a great addition!

• Upvote (+1) 3

Motion blur with 60fps is silly. It should be off by default. The direction with the core of the game seems great so far though. Praise the return of arena shooters!

Motion blur with 60fps is silly. It should be off by default. The direction with the core of the game seems great so far though. Praise the return of arena shooters!

You should see motion blur at 120fps haha its a mess!

This guy will be streaming pre alpha UT4 daily. He's a good player and knows his stuff.

Can't wait to get my hands on this. UT and Halo CE are my all time favourite MP's. In a couple of years time I wanna see UT4 on that twitch front page leading the views. Arena FPS needs to return to it's former glory.

Fatal1ty is streaming the pre-alpha pretty regularly, such a fanboy still  :goat:  

• Upvote (+1) 2

The game is now playable for ALL guys. You just gotta register at the Unreal forums and click on the top seceret thread and download/install the game. Was playing it all last night and had an absolute blast. For a pre alpha the game is incredibly fun to play. Get downloading folks!

The problem is that the Pre-Alpha pretty much plays almost exactly like UT3 movement wise.  UT3 was lambasted for it's sluggish limited movement options compared to the previous installments until modders fixed it.  I'm sure it will change later on but it's kinda boring when you can play the other UT's that have slightly bigger population atm.  

I'll probably just wait it out till it's in beta before committing myself to the new UT.  

The problem is that the Pre-Alpha pretty much plays almost exactly like UT3 movement wise.  UT3 was lambasted for it's sluggish limited movement options compared to the previous installments until modders fixed it.  I'm sure it will change later on but it's kinda boring when you can play the other UT's that have slightly bigger population atm.  

I'll probably just wait it out till it's in beta before committing myself to the new UT.  

I take it you've never played UT99. UT 2004 fans modded the game to make it more like that game.

Gameplay of UT3 wasn't the problem, it was ridiculed for it's poor functionality features, Also doesn't really move much like UT3 when you have stuff like infinite wall dodges.

I take it you've never played UT99. UT 2004 fans modded the game to make it more like that game.

Gameplay of UT3 wasn't the problem, it was ridiculed for it's poor functionality features, Also doesn't really move much like UT3 when you have stuff like infinite wall dodges.

I played and loved UT99.  Still play it from time to time.

Just downloaded the alpha today. For some reason, the game would only run on my integrated graphics instead of my Nvidia card. I tried everything that I normally do when a program insists on using the integrated graphics, but nothing ended up working, so I just settled with playing on minimum settings. Quick match didn't put me into a game after a couple minutes, so I went to the server browser and joined the first populated server I saw, and with my luck, it was an EU server with >300 ping. The players weren't too good though, so I ended up getting 5 kills before dying on my first life. Overall, the game still felt like UT, but I'm going to have to figure out how to get it to accept my Nvidia card before I play it again as it feels like I'm playing a GameCube game. Maybe I should just invest in building a desktop.

Just downloaded the alpha today. For some reason, the game would only run on my integrated graphics instead of my Nvidia card. I tried everything that I normally do when a program insists on using the integrated graphics, but nothing ended up working, so I just settled with playing on minimum settings. Quick match didn't put me into a game after a couple minutes, so I went to the server browser and joined the first populated server I saw, and with my luck, it was an EU server with >300 ping. The players weren't too good though, so I ended up getting 5 kills before dying on my first life. Overall, the game still felt like UT, but I'm going to have to figure out how to get it to accept my Nvidia card before I play it again as it feels like I'm playing a GameCube game. Maybe I should just invest in building a desktop.

From NVidia Control Panel , Program Settings : Add the game and select the preferred graphics processor .Click the button "Apply".

If it doesn't work:

NVidia Control Panel, 3D settings -> Manage 3D Settings -> Tab Global Settings -> Preferred Graphics Processor, Select High-performance NVIDIA processor and then press the button "Apply"

From NVidia Control Panel , Program Settings : Add the game and select the preferred graphics processor .Click the button "Apply".

If it doesn't work:

NVidia Control Panel, 3D settings -> Manage 3D Settings -> Tab Global Settings -> Preferred Graphics Processor, Select High-performance NVIDIA processor and then press the button "Apply"

Forgot about global settings. I'll try that next. Thanks!

tFuAEoFVsd8L.878x0.Z-Z96KYq.jpg

Facing Worlds is back in the new update baby! :wub: Along with new playable characters! 

98T2UZ-VQ2cc.878x0.Z-Z96KYq.jpg

Pistola BG as well! All hail 2 of the best CTF maps ever created! Now is a good time to download(Bots included) and start fraggin' in soon to be one of the best competitive FPS/FPS communities in years! 

• Upvote (+1) 3

tFuAEoFVsd8L.878x0.Z-Z96KYq.jpg

Facing Worlds is back in the new update baby! :wub: Along with new playable characters! 

98T2UZ-VQ2cc.878x0.Z-Z96KYq.jpg

Pistola BG as well! All hail 2 of the best CTF maps ever created! Now is a good time to download(Bots included) and start fraggin' in soon to be one of the best competitive FPS/FPS communities in years! 

Those are looking REALLY good. I need to build a new PC soon so I can run it on good settings at a solid 60.

• Upvote (+1) 2