DeeJay

Favorite Halo moment across all Halo titles?

Also the Halo Reach Beta was some of the best moments for me EVER. I still love that game even with its issues. Stockpile, DMR, original sprint sound, nuke nades. So fun.

• Upvote (+1) 3

Eat your heart out Coachmayyne :frank:

:ghost: That legit made me laugh +rep 

fav moment beating Halo2 legendary Solo for the first time not skipping or cutting levels.  

• Upvote (+1) 1

Too many great multiplayer moments to count or even remember. Here's campaign though.

Halo: CE - Storming the beach in The Silent Cartographer

Halo 2 - Playing as the Covenant for the first time (even though I didn't enjoy it overall, it was great at first)

Halo 3 - The Scarab fight with the Mongoose

Reach - The Lone Wolf mission

Halo 4 - Fighting and moving alongside the Elephant and having marines in it helping you

• Upvote (+1) 2

CE: My brother and I played co-op through the first few missions on release day and it was unlike anything we'd ever played at the time. The Zealots used to scare the shit out of us.

Halo 2: Similarly, our first Legendary playthrough of the Halo 2 Campaign was something special. Those Elite squads, those hulking Hunters, those Jackal Sniping bastards. Cairo Station alone took us 5 hours...

Halo 3: First games of BTB. Standoff when the flags would never get anywhere until Sudden Death. 1 Flag on Last Resort where everyone went batshit crazy to pull the flag out of the wheel. Sandtrap when the elephants would end up in the canyon in front of Sniper and there'd be duels on these tilted floors with vehicles passing by left and right. Avalanche where the flags were going back and forth on Hornets. Such a great playlist.

Reach: Playing the Reach beta 5 days early. Never been more excited for a game in my life than when I was downloading the beta. The first few games of each playlist - Grab Bag, Generator Defense, Invasion - were just perfect. I felt like a badass playing as an Elite. I also largely enjoyed my first games on the DLC maps, especially Breakpoint and Timberland. 

Halo 4: Also playing the game a week early. Felt really good at the time. Recently though, some games on Wreckage Slayer and CTF have been incredible experiences

ODST: First time doing Deja Vu. What a blast (no pun intended). But I enjoy virtually all of my experiences with this game. I didn't hear about it till a week before release, so I watched a Campaign playthrough from SpongeFreak before I bought it. I remember just being stunned by how amazing the game looked, and wondering why I had never heard of it until then. 

• Upvote (+1) 2

watching Ogre 2 leap over strongside with the oddball bottom mid on midship to win a ball game by two seconds. if anyone remembers this game, it was INTENSE. both teams tied, 30 seconds left on the clock, ball was bottom mid, 8 players throwing themselves at the ball, nades exploding everywhere.

Well in all of the years ive watched MLG, ive never heard of that moment. Mind sharing a youtube link if one exists of that game? :)

My gosh..that one question is ALWAYS tough because of the literally countless great times ive had while playing Halo since around 2004 or 05....

Lets see..il choose my top favorites: Getting my first perfection in Halo 3 BTB on Standoff(there is a bit of a story with this one),  getting  my first extermination on 4v4 social slayer Narrows Oddball. I was so sikked about it its not even funny. Also beating Halo 3 for the first time and sheading a couple tears at the end...my best, arguably, game of Reach slayer where I destroyed the other team 4v4 with my 32-13 score..I think it was that. Il have to check the game...i saved it on  my HD I believe :D.  Lastly, Snipedown's legendary snipe spree on that Pit TS game that they lost to TD at the last possible moment AND the time when Triggers Down won back to back Halo 3 tournaments.

• Upvote (+1) 1

04 to 05 would have to be the best years I had playing halo fun wise and competitive wise. Still holding onto maybe those days will come back

• Upvote (+1) 3

my friend would come over to my house and we just had a blast trying to beat h2 on legendary and finding skulls and doing out of map glitches etc. We'd have 5 hour levels just messing around and enjoying every minute of it

• Upvote (+1) 1

Endure is on the list, finally unlocking recon was special.

Best moment would have to be getting stuck on "Halo" in CE, when you enter the tunnel and you have the jump the warthog over the hole after going up the ramp. Yeah, I was playing on a shitty old tv that was super dark so I got completely lost, didn't even realise there was a ramp. It probably took me about an hour (srs) to realise there was a ramp. After getting over it and seeing the lightbridge...... it was so mysterious and different to any game I'd played before. While it's not a moment of accomplishment, it is probably still my favorite as it sparked my interest in the story which started my interest in MP which leaves me here today.

• Upvote (+1) 2

Well in all of the years ive watched MLG, ive never heard of that moment. Mind sharing a youtube link if one exists of that game? :)

ive been searching, but tis so hard to find due to how old it is.

and i'm talking real old, before final boss was called final boss, and before carbon was called carbon

2005 Championship - Team 3D vs Team Phreaks 

• Upvote (+1) 1

CE: Experiencing, well, pretty much all of it for the first time. That campaign has so many great first experiences that listing them all would be futile. Other than that, I felt like a complete boss getting the CEA achievement for storming the beach on Silent Cartographer on Legendary and keeping all of the marines alive. That kind of thing is definitely one of the ways CE can give you such a great rush of feeling like a complete badass when you play well.

Halo 2: Giving the Covenant back their bomb. :)

Halo 3: Fighting Scarabs. The Storm, The Ark, and The Covenant are all such memorable missions because they perfect the Halo "boss battle" in my eyes by simply dropping Scarabs into the mix and letting you defeat them however you wanted within the constraints of the environment and tools at your disposal. Each Scarab encounter felt like a more natural and distinctly Halo encounter than any of the Halo 2 boss battles which felt cheap in comparison.
Also, I spent a great deal of time playing Halo 3 with the goal of beating it on the community created "Mythic" difficulty (SLASO, no use of save & quit during missions to get around the Iron Skull's effect) and finally achieving that was such an incredible feeling. Unfortunately I missed the cutoff for earning Recon by a single day, but the achievement itself was its own reward.

ODST: Dropping into New Mombasa and exploring the city was a great way to freshen up the typical campaign experience. On top of that earning this:
[http://halo.bungie.net/Online/Halo3UserContentDetails.aspx?h3fileid=99272739 ]

Despite it not registering officially on Bungie.net and fighting against the connection odds (our party were all from different time zones; me from the UK, a Canadian, and 2 Americans)  it was still a great 8 hours.
I also continued my Mythic difficulty runs in ODST and was the 5th player in the world to beat it (the community started a race of sorts, so this was within the first week or so).

Reach: This is when I finally met the people who would teach me about competitive gaming. People who I flew half way around the world to attend Columbus 2012 with and then again the following year just to hang out with.

Despite all of the issues it had Reach did set me up with what I hope to be some lifelong friendships. That aside, experiencing Instinct vs Classic live at the event was unforgettable and I'll always look back at my time spent working on and playing in the BTB.net league as one of my best community oriented competitive experiences.

- Quick break here just to mention that Marty's music gave all of the above games something special that only emphasised the experiences.

Halo 4: I have a lot of memorable 2v2 matches from the golden age of Halo 4's Team Doubles playlist, and I enjoyed contributing to the settings discussion with the community and Gho57ayame both here and on Twitter.

• Upvote (+1) 4

Calling in my first personal ordnance drop. :kappa:

Seriously though I'm struggling to think of a single favourite Halo moment. My favoureite Halo moments are when I'm playing Campaign with my friend Alex.
I know it's not specifically a game moment but my best moment during the history of Halo was seeing the Halo 4 teaser for the first time.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Thank you all for the reply's I really enjoy seeing fond memories of the game we all known to love :}

• Upvote (+1) 1

LANing H2 with a bunch of friends a few times a week before most of us had xbox live.

Playing halo with your friends in the same room>

• Upvote (+1) 1

Had to think about this for a long while. So many good moments in Halo. However, I would have to say the ending of Lone Wolf in Reach. That was the epitome of how a Spartan dies. Fighting til the end.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Playing co-op on Assault on the control room getting to drive with my friend in the hog, Scorpion, and eventually being able to fly the Banshee. Such an epic level

Watching my friend play this level convinced me to buy an Xbox and Halo:CE.

My favorite moment was the friends I made on XBL on H2. Crazy how strong bonds could be made through online gaming.

Plus Marty's music made all the games that much better

Watching my friend play this level convinced me to buy an Xbox and Halo:CE.

My favorite moment was the friends I made on XBL on H2. Crazy how strong bonds could be made through online gaming.

Plus Marty's music made all the games that much better

Oh I wasn't playing this on my own Xbox lol I played at my friends for a few years. I got an Xbox with Halo CE and Halo 2 in 05

My moments in Halo's History was 2004-2006, watching STK (The Ogres, Walshy, etc) battling it out against Str8 Rippin, and also the online community was just amazing. The overall hype and amount of people talking about Halo 2 in school was amazing, I hope we can get it back to that point with the upcoming Halo's. 

• Upvote (+1) 3

I wouldn't say I had one defining moment. Just experiencing everything for the first time. what I would give to play through all of the halos again. 

Wayyyyyyy too many to choose from as my favorite but one that pops in my mind was the final Warthog run at the end of Halo: CE. Going through that in co-op with my cousin was such a thrill.

• Upvote (+1) 4

Sacrifice on Lava pit...for hours:)

This. All this.

And 1v1 swords on Guardian.

• Upvote (+1) 1