CyReN

E3 Discussion

Ah okay, your friends stopped, halo is dad guys!!!!!!

Okay. Someone's offended because they haven't come to reality that halo is ruined as long 343i is charge.

CoD sells the best. Guess that means it's a good shooter. Your logic

You're not understanding what im saying.

Im saying I want the scorpio to be disconnected from XB1. I don't want XB1 to hold back scorpio. I don't want devs who are making games for it to have to spend valuable time and resources worrying about the XB1 version. Tying the scorpio to the XB1 will make scorpio games worse.

If im throwing down 400, 500,600+ bucks on a console I don't want it playing the same games as XB1. I want scorpio games to be unimaginable on an XB1. If it can't do that, why even bother making it? Wait until that console is doable.

The majority of what I said still stands regardless and you haven't really made a particularly good case for the older release model. Old hardware is still supported even with hard generational gaps. Games are NEVER designed solely with the top of the line rigs in mind and in a lot of cases, the biggest differences the stronger hardware will provide will be in terms of visual fidelity. The key advantages here are that the upgrade can potentially stay optional for longer, all of your games for the previous systems are 100% compatible with the new one by default, and all of those games will run better and look nicer on the nicer system (hello, PC gaming). For the first time, console games can actually be SCALABLE instead of locked in to one set of hardware's limitations for years. And that's before you consider the PC support they're also introducing.

If im throwing down 400, 500,600+ bucks on a console I don't want it playing the same games as XB1. I want scorpio games to be unimaginable on an XB1. If it can't do that, why even bother making it? Wait until that console is doable.

When was the last time this was even CLOSE to reality in a console upgrade? Really. This is fantasy you're describing. If that's the difference you're looking for, Scorpio's VR capability is there for you, but in the realm of normal games, they are hardly doing anything revolutionary that only a monster rig can pull off. What that hardware provides is high performance and visual fidelity, which can be scaled down. Post-processing can be reduced or disabled, extra fancy physics calculations can be turned off, texture resolutions can be reduced, rendering resolution can be reduced, target framerates can be lowered, and so on. None of these options, available in the menus of any PC game, are necessarily a limiting factor for the experience on a powerful machine.

• Upvote (+1) 2

Okay. Someone's offended because they haven't come to reality that halo is ruined as long 343i is charge.

CoD sells the best. Guess that means it's a good shooter. Your logic

Did I say high sales means it good? Are you okay dude, pass whatever you're smoking.

You said halo is dead because you didn't like and some people stopped.

It's still the most sold xbox exclusive and generated $400 million for them.

It's not dead. You just don't like it.

I guess COD is dead because it isn't as popular as MW2.

HALO IS DAD GUYS!!!

Did I say high sales means it good? Are you okay dude, pass whatever you're smoking.

You said halo is dead because you didn't like and some people stopped.

It's still the most sold xbox exclusive and generated $400 million for them.

It's not dead. You just don't like it.

I guess COD is dead because it isn't as popular as MW2.

HALO IS DAD GUYS!!!

My opinion alone has nothing to do with it. How many teams are there for halo 5 tournaments? Like 8 or something? Lol

CoD has been dead since mw2 when people started taking the game too seriously like it took skill and a high iq

Jesus fucking Christ, COD is dead what the fuck.

This thread

Read what I said. Sales has nothing to do with it.

Halo used to go over 200 reams at tournaments. Now they have like 8. Halo's dead till the community can support the game itself. Problem is the halo today isn't the halo the competition scene wants to support and show up to

Edit: I'm pretty sure I'm having a ridiculous conversatile with someone who is under age and their first halo was halo 4

I need to stop lol

So whatother games did they nt show at the conference? I don't know about msft but I know any actually has more games than they showed at their conference and there's still games like mafia 3 and xenoverse 2

Lol

I saw it watching the conference, but I need to see more. Is it an fps? Er?

It made me think of bioshock infinite and fall out 3 (the beginning when you're in the vault)

There is tons of gameplay.

News flash, X1 games were held back by the 360 for a long time because devs want to cater the larger audience base too. 

You buy the new console if you want a better experience, how is that hard to understand? You'll see more people buy this new console than you would if it was a whole new system with completely different architecture. Your arguments make literally no sense at all. 

First off, why are you being such an ass? These are questions(is the scorpio worth buying, how will it effected Xb1) that are being asked all around the industry. We know next to nothing about this console and you've already anointed it as the greatest thing ever. Chill out.

Some XB1 launch period games were definitely held back by 360 and both versions of the game suffered. But A- Not all games were and B- eventually practically ever game moved past being tethered down by the 360 because Xb1 was designed to replace 360, not stand beside it. The fear with the Scorpio is that things will never reach that point. That scorpio games will always be tethered down by xb1 because it is being made to stand beside Xb1, not replace it. And that both versions of the game will suffer just as launch period Xb1 games did.

Why the hell would more people buy a console that does not create a giant jump from what they already have over a console that does? That makes literally no sense.

I can already see how this conversation would go with my wife(and with kids and their parents and others with thier spouses).

"Hey babe, I want to buy this new xbox."

"Why. What does it do that the xbox we already have doesn't"

"Well, it plays the exact same games but with a better resolution and framerate"

"Why would you waste your money on that?".

As opposed to

"Why. What does it do that the xbox we already have doesn't"

"It plays all new games that I can't play on xb1 and they're fucking amazing"

"Ok, cool."

The majority of what I said still stands regardless and you haven't really made a particularly good case for the older release model. Old hardware is still supported even with hard generational gaps. Games are NEVER designed solely with the top of the line rigs in mind and in a lot of cases, the biggest differences the stronger hardware will provide will be in terms of visual fidelity. The key advantages here are that the upgrade can potentially stay optional for longer, all of your games for the previous systems are 100% compatible with the new one by default, and all of those games will run better and look nicer on the nicer system (hello, PC gaming). For the first time, console games can actually be SCALABLE instead of locked in to one set of hardware's limitations for years. And that's before you consider the PC support they're also introducing.

When was the last time this was even CLOSE to reality in a console upgrade? Really. This is fantasy you're describing. If that's the difference you're looking for, Scorpio's VR capability is there for you, but in the realm of normal games, they are hardly doing anything revolutionary that only a monster rig can pull off. What that hardware provides is high performance and visual fidelity, which can be scaled down. Post-processing can be reduced or disabled, extra fancy physics calculations can be turned off, texture resolutions can be reduced, rendering resolution can be reduced, target framerates can be lowered, and so on. None of these options, available in the menus of any PC game, are necessarily a limiting factor for the experience on a powerful machine.

Shadow of mordor had to cancel the 360/ps3 version of their game because the older consoles could not run the nemesis system.

NHL 16(or 15 can't remember which year) couldn't get the physics system to work properly on 360/ps3 so they had to split up and create essentially two different games. This cost so much time and resources that the game they shipped on xb1/ps4 was embarrassingly barebones.

The jump between gens isn't simply a jump in visual fidelity.

"Why. What does it do that the xbox we already has doesn't"

"Well, it plays the exact same games but with a better resolution and framerate"

"Why would you waste your money on that?".

As opposed to

"Why. What does it do that the xbox we already has doesn't"

"It plays all new games that I can't play on xb1 and they're fucking amazing"

"Ok, cool."

PC hardware sales would like to have a word. You also seem to forget there will be Scorpio only games down the line that will play games not possible on the X1 just like in your example of the shitty archaic console generations of the past. 

Gone are the days of jumps in gaming consoles like going from the SNES to the Nintendo 64. Every single console from here on out is just going to do higher resolutions, more FPS, better VR, and higher fidelity graphics/physics. Especially with how much harder it is to run 4k, for a new console to be able to play games at 4k AND have some crazy leap in functionality you'd be waiting 10 years or more from now. Even farther for next gen VR. You might think you'd like to wait 10 years for new consoles every time, but if they tried to do that, PC gaming would crush them harder than ever. 

PC hardware sales would like to have a word. You also seem to forget there will be Scorpio only games down the line that will play games not possible on the X1 just like in your example of the shitty archaic console generations of the past.

Gone are the days of jumps in gaming consoles like going from the SNES to the Nintendo 64. Every single console from here on out is just going to do higher resolutions, more FPS, better VR, and higher fidelity graphics/physics. Especially with how much harder it is to run 4k, for a new console to be able to play games at 4k AND have some crazy leap in functionality you'd be waiting 10 years or more from now. Even farther for next gen VR. You might think you'd like to wait 10 years for new consoles every time, but if they tried to do that, PC gaming would crush them harder than ever.

Well, I guess we'll have to wait and see.

I really wouldn't hold my breath on scorpoo being a big seller.

HALO 6 CONFIRMED FOR WINDOWS 10!!!   :intensifies:  :intel: 

MICROSOFT IS ENDORSING PC!!!

http://www.pcgamer.com/halo-6-will-release-on-windows-10/

OMFG.gif

Wow....for real....Wow....

I figured one day Halo would come to PC...but FFS...why has it taken this long?

MSFT must see some return on investment with PC....probably because of CSGO and Overwatch being the dominate Twitch games.

I would LOOOOOOOOOOOOVE to see Halo become a top contender PC FPS.

Hell...they could be scouting at Quake Champions and thinking "hey now...we're the true arena FPS."

Imagine a rivalry for the arena FPS space with Halo coming in and being a contender on PC...that'd be awesome for us gamers.

I honestly think one of the major setbacks for competitive Halo is the console and the controller. HCE was the last skill-based Halo game and how ironic it was the very first console FPS to use a two-analog-stick controller.

Imagine that.

Well fuck 343i then

YEA!! And also fuck 343 for not allowing Gears UE modding and Quantum Break modding. Fucking 343 is ruining everything.

• Upvote (+1) 1