CyReN

E3 Discussion

Both companies had a solid E3. Excited for the rest of the year

He's actually become delusional, he's talking about "hardware fads" and VR for MS.

It's like Sony somehow didn't talk a lot about VR, and give details on their OWN VR machine. Was there actually any VR for Xb1 apart from some minecraft usage and a mention in the Scorpio trailer?

Yep those were the only instances. And they only talked about Hardware at the beginning and end of the conference.

It's a bit amusing to me that you talk about people contradicting, while supporting your argument that Sony's selection of games was "fresh" with a selection of... sequels to extremely long-running series. 

Uh, what?

Horizon zero dawn

Last Guardian

Detroit

Days gone

Kojima acid trip game

All new IPs. The only "sequel" they showed was God of War. And even that is a reboot that is taking the franchise in a entirely different direction.

Scorpio was the main attraction of the entire conference.

Their first party games lineup is incredibly thin. Which Im assuming is due to devs shifting focus.

They also spent a bunch of time on XBL functionality updates and controllers. The majority of their conference was about things besides new games.

Did MS show a single new game?

As in a new announced game? Because plenty of games we've had some trailers and name drops.

There's no point of conferences which show games 5 years from now. Every sony e3 does this now. Was there even a single game coming out this year?

Only Dead Rising 4 comes to mind. But I don't care to see some CGI teaser which means nothing for a game releasing god knows when in 2018/19.

Scorpio was the main attraction of the entire conference.

Their first party games lineup is incredibly thin. Which Im assuming is due to devs shifting focus.

They also spent a bunch of time on XBL functionality updates and controllers. The majority of their conference was about things besides new games.

Did MS show a single new game?

State of Decay 2.

Forza Horizon 3.

State of Decay 2.

While cool, it's an indie game. Both consoles have bunches of exclusive indie games coming.

Uh, what?

Horizone zero dawn

Last Guardian

Detroit

Days gone

Kojima acid trip game

All new IPs. The only "sequel" they showed was God of War. And even that is a reboot that is taking the franchise in a entirely different direction.

Sea of Thieves

Scalebound

Recore

are big new IP as well. Stop pushing this narrative there are no new IP. Most excited for Kojima from that list, but seriously that is nothing, and is a long way ahead, I'm thinking 2018 from the way Kojima worded it.

Gee thanks, a teaser for a game 3 years from me which explains nothing. Almost as bad as scale bounds reveal 3/4 years ago.

While cool, it's an indie game. Both consoles have bunches of exclusive indie games coming.

It's incredibly hard trying not to roll my eyes at your arguments.
  • Downvote (-1) 1

As in a new announced game? Because plenty of games we've had some trailers and name drops.

There's no point of conferences which show games 5 years from now. Every sony e3 does this now. Was there even a single game coming out this year?

Only Dead Rising 4 comes to mind. But I don't care to see some CGI teaser which means nothing for a game releasing god knows when in 2018/19.

Last guardian is 2016

Not sure about zero dawn.

The kojima game was the only one that didn't show gameplay.

Sea of Thieves

Scalebound

Recore

Those are not new games. We've seen them all before.

It's incredibly hard trying not to roll my eyes at your arguments.

Uh

Ok

Both platforms can roll out tons of indie games. Hell, Below is one of my most anticipated games. I don't hold those announcements up at the same level as AAA announcements at E3.

We've seen Horizon and Last Guardian before too?

Also we've not see gameplay of Sea of Thieves or Recore before. Unlike Horizon and Last Guardian.

Lol because a game coming out two years from now is far more exciting than games coming out this year. What are people thinking.

Lol because a game coming out two years from now is far more exciting than games coming out this year. What are people thinking.

At e3? Yes. E3 is about showcasing the future.

Plus if I'm not mistaken recore is 2017 and sea of thieves and scalebound are 2017 or 2018.

Uh, what?

Horizone zero dawn

Literally Just Ico Again

Quantic Dream's Latest Pseudo-Interactive B-Movie

Gritty, third person zombie game #5652

Kojima acid trip game

FTFY.

I was referring to games like FF15, Persona, God of War, which he brought up, while basically writing off Halo Wars, because one other RTS exists. And then there's No Man's Sky, which people are comically hyped for despite the developer not showing anything substantive about it to date and the premise seeming extremely similar to Noctis with a bigger budget and a price tag on it.

Again. It's cool that people are excited for their line-up, I just don't get why we need to come up with silly rationalizations for why one company "won" and basically ignore the other cool shit that was showed off. It's childish.

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

We should probably stop arguing about a shit ton of games that are all unreleased trying to determine which one is "new" when we literally haven't played one of them. Lol. Especially if The Last Guardian is anywhere near the discussion (in development since 2007 and yes that is nearly a decade ago)

• Upvote (+1) 1

come up with silly rationalizations for why one company "won" and basically ignore the other cool shit that was showed off. It's childish.

Says the guy that just tried to write off last guardian by calling it "basically ico".

Lol

I love sitting here reading articles about 4k gaming while I sit here with my 100 gb a month Internet cap (highest I can purchase in my area) wondering how the hell am I supposed to continue to play games.

I'm already getting 8gb updates for h5.What is a 4k game download going to look like? Yikes.

I get that maybe you don't like the games shown at MS (or you hate 343 so much that it's continued to MS not sure). But I do like, and you have to respect the fact that a lot of the games I saw today, are coming very soon, within a year from now.

Gears 4, Scalebound, Halo wars 2, Forza Horizon, Sea of Thieves.

This still doesn't include what games MS purposely saved for Gamescom like they did last time. Crackdown 3 comes to mind.

Well I was sold on Zelda: Breath of the Wild about 5 seconds in

• Upvote (+1) 1

I get that maybe you don't like the games shown at MS (or you hate 343 so much that it's continued to MS not sure). But I do like, and you have to respect the fact that a lot of the games I saw today, are coming very soon, within a year from now.

Gears 4, Scalebound, Halo wars 2, Forza Horizon, Sea of Thieves.

This still doesn't include what games MS purposely saved for Gamescom like they did last time. Crackdown 3 comes to mind.

There is no release date for scalebound or sea of thieves. All speculation ive seen places them at spring 2017 at the absolute earliest.

There is no release date for scalebound or sea of thieves. All speculation ive seen places them at spring 2017 at the absolute earliest.

Like I said within the year. So I'm expecting to not see them by next E3.

Most rumours pointed at end of this year, thats defo not happening. some time around Early 2017. 

I'm super excited for Gears 4 and Sea of Thieves, I've got State of Decay 2 to satisfy my Zombie apocalypse sweet tooth, Halo Wars 2 looks to be good, Scale bound is looking to be the type of game I've never been able to play. ReCore is being made by the people that made the Metroid Prime series and so will be dope as fuck. Then there is still Crackdown 3.

You're SUPER excited for GoW4. Makes sense why you liked msft conference

I think MS and Sony did well for different reasons. I applaud Sony for pushing for more new SP story IPs and MS for continuing to try to improve the overall Xbox experience.

And you can't complain about MS focusing on hardware and applaud Sony for games games games when we know the PS Neo exists and Sony is going to be pushing that hard next year.

I'm personally excited to see more of Scorpio and Sea of Thieves. I think Xbox continues to kill it with [email protected](Stardew Valley and Culling>>>). If I had the money I'd go for PS VR just for Battlefront and Batman but I'm really interested in Kojima's Nude Reedus

• Upvote (+1) 1