CyReN

E3 Discussion

This forum is way too easy to defend xbox

I only own a One you'd think I'd try to convince myself to be more excited for these games and I'm really not

I wanna be excited for my xbox one. But I'm so bored of it

There's a reason I haent turned my xbox one on about half a year

All of my friends who own Xbox Ones probably

wouldn't care about most of the exclusives they showed at e3. I think scale bound is the only game they'd be down to try and they wouldn't really care about play anywhere either

And they're guys who buy quite a bit of games and are fans of the xbox one

Of course it's all preference, but I find it be contradicting if you're gonna mention "the games" at msft conference when sony's conference clearly was the console with "the games" at least their God of war looks different than God of war 1, 2 and 3 while still sharing similarities

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Of course it's all preference, but I find it be contradicting if you're gonna mention "the games" at msft conference when sony's conference clearly was the console with "the games" at least their God of war looks different than God of war 1, 2 and 3 while still sharing similarities

Maybe...just maybe some people like shooters and racers and not much else. So if I mention games that appeal to me and not the games that don't appeal to me, it's contradicting? No. You like those games. I like these games. What's the issue exactly?

Maybe...just maybe some people like shooters and racers and not much else. So if I mention games that appeal to me and not the games that don't appeal to me, it's contradicting? No. You like those games. I like these games. What's the issue exactly?

What shooters?

Also if those are the only games that appeal to you. It's time to switch to pc. Especially with the play anywhere. Your xbox one has become even more obsolete

I don't understand your concern? Of course it's gong to require high-end PC's to run games like Gears of War 4 and Forza Horizon 3 at max specs, just like the Battlefield series. If you don't have a high-end PC, it will have lower graphics, just like every other game out there. The Xbox One of course won't look as good as a PC running a GTX 1070. I don't see the issue?

And of course they're doing this to compete with Steam, what's wrong with that? "when and if a console gamer does use pc abd decides to fire up a play anywhere game and finds out his rig can't handle the game." Then go back to his console? That's the whole point. I don't understand your issue? I really don't. This concept was made for people who either have a gaming PC and not an Xbox One or people who do have an Xbox One and will eventually buy a gaming PC and they will still have all their game/game saves available to play on their gaming PC. This is not made for people who have an Xbox One and a shitty PC and that was never implied.

im talking more about the messaging. when phil spoke about xbox play anywhere... it comes off as you buy the game and can play it on any device with one purchase. but the message they're not saying is that unless your pc is up to spec with your xbox with at least a minimum or better... what's the point?

im not saying it's a bad idea, im just saying that they have clever wording with their messaging... and to an avg consumer... they're gonna think.. oh, i buy gears 4 and i can play on my pc or xbox... but unless their pc is at proper spec, theyre gonna be in for a rude awakening.

not a big deal, i just find it interesting they throw out these catch phrases so casually...

id say halo wars 2 being on pc is a good thing.. but if it doesnt stack up to starcraft 2...then Ill pass.

Honestly I think the Microsoft E3 was better than Sony. The only PS game I cared for was Horizon Zero Dawn or whatever.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Honestly I think the Microsoft E3 was better than Sony. The only PS game I cared for was Horizon Zero Dawn or whatever.

What games did you like for the Xbox One?

You telling me days gone didn't look appealing?

What shooters?

Also if those are the only games that appeal to you. It's time to switch to pc. Especially with the play anywhere. Your xbox one has become even more obsolete

I already have. And Gears of War 4 is a shooter. I know that you don't like it but that goes back to my previous post.

Seriously dude, what is your problem with people not caring much about the games that Sony is offering? It's an opinion but you're challenging anyone that doesn't like the games you like.

• Upvote (+1) 5

I'm super excited for Gears 4 and Sea of Thieves, I've got State of Decay 2 to satisfy my Zombie apocalypse sweet tooth, Halo Wars 2 looks to be good, Scale bound is looking to be the type of game I've never been able to play. ReCore is being made by the people that made the Metroid Prime series and so will be dope as fuck. Then there is still Crackdown 3.

I already have. And Gears of War 4 is a shooter. I know that you don't like it but that goes back to my previous post.

Seriously dude, what is your problem with people not caring much about the games that Sony is offering? It's an opinion but you're challenging anyone that doesn't like the games you like.

I agree with you, I'm totally un-intersted with a lot of Sony's reveals these days. Last year I couldn't get the hype, never played Shenmue, or final fantasy 7. So why would I care?

This year I quite liked Sony's, but God of War reveal at the start just annoyed me so much. 

Wish DMC 5 was at e3. 

What shooters?

Lmao, again with this "why would anyone buy console if you can buy PC". Reality check, people really don't buy their PS4's for exclusives, thats a side benefit.

I'm super excited for Gears 4 and Sea of Thieves, I've got State of Decay 2 to satisfy my Zombie apocalypse sweet tooth, Halo Wars 2 looks to be good, Scale bound is looking to be the type of game I've never been able to play. ReCore is being made by the people that made the Metroid Prime series and so will be dope as fuck. Then there is still Crackdown 3.

im wondering if sod 2 is gonna rival Dayz... because im tired of waiting for dayz to be finished and have no idea when itll come to console. im hoping sod2 is gonna be a pure zombie survival mmo game... but im guessing itll be limited to so many players in a single game? i dont think theyre running dedicated servers with mass amounts of people right?

Sony kicked the living shit out of Xbox this e3.

Why can't MS just focus on games? They just jump from one fad hardware to the next. From kinect to now being obsessed with VR.

• Downvote (-1) 1

im wondering if sod 2 is gonna rival Dayz... because im tired of waiting for dayz to be finished and have no idea when itll come to console. im hoping sod2 is gonna be a pure zombie survival mmo game... but im guessing itll be limited to so many players in a single game? i dont think theyre running dedicated servers with mass amounts of people right?

I honestly have no idea. It might not even be a multiplayer game. Also I know was the original was awesome and I have high hopes for this one.

This is the year of pointless remasters and card games

I'd agree, but I'd trade Hearthstone for Gwent in a heartbeat. Also Sony had a decent amount of new stuff.

Nintendo isn't hosting a direct/press conference this year. They are just jumping straight into Nintendo Treehouse. Also a little sad that not much was said about backwards compatibility. Was hoping for a slew of new games

• Upvote (+1) 1

Why can't MS just focus on games? They just jump from one fad hardware to the next. From kinect to now being obsessed with VR.

Wasn't literally half of Sony's conference shitty VR crap?
  • Upvote (+1) 3

In terms of presentation, Sony might have had the best E3 ever. Not much talking. They just showed trailer after trailer after trailer.

What the fuck lmao?

Did you even watch their conference, it was all about games?

There was so little about VR? Just cuz they show'd off some Scorpio at the end?

Was literally half of Sony's conference shitty VR crap?

He's actually become delusional, he's talking about "hardware fads" and VR for MS.

It's like Sony somehow didn't talk a lot about VR, and give details on their OWN VR machine. Was there actually any VR for Xb1 apart from some minecraft usage and a mention in the Scorpio trailer?

It's a bit amusing to me that you talk about people contradicting, while supporting your argument that Sony's selection of games was "fresh" with a selection of... sequels to extremely long-running series. It's cool that you prefer Sony's selection, but the rationalizations you're coming up with for it are ridiculous. Both Sony and Microsoft had plenty of games to show off, most of which were not terribly "innovative" (a buzzword I despise).

You mentioned Days Gone? Yet another post-acocalyptic game with zombies. Yet another third person action game with a bunch of overwrought animations designed to look good and "cinematic" first and play well second (a Sony exclusive staple since the PS3). And the gameplay featured was the dude spraying randomly into a crowd of zombies while running along the very clearly scripted path that just conveniently led to a dead end JUST as he managed to kill the last of them and transition to a cut-scene. What an impressive open world! Why are you invested in pretending that anything about that is new?

Was literally half of Sony's conference shitty VR crap?

Not to mention the fact that Sony has literally developed their own in-house VR crap, while Microsoft is just partnering with Oculus.

Not to mention the fact that Sony has literally developed their own in-house VR crap, while Microsoft is just partnering with Oculus.

"Why can't MS just focus on games? They just jump from one fad hardware to the next. From kinect to now being obsessed with VR."

What the fuck lmao?

Did you even watch their conference, it was all about games?

There was so little about VR? Just cuz they show'd off some Scorpio at the end?

Scorpio was the main attraction of the entire conference.

Their first party games lineup is incredibly thin. Which Im assuming is due to devs shifting focus.

They also spent a bunch of time on XBL functionality updates and controllers. The majority of their conference was about things besides new games.

Did MS show a single new game?