CyReN

E3 Discussion

Solid conference, lots of games, 2 new hardware announcements, lots of cross play stuff which is awesome. Not really sure how that conference could be considered bad lol.

Halo Wars 2 beta available now? Huge.

Also they reiterated that everything would be compatible between all the hardware so if you don't want to upgrade to the S, don't. You won't be missing out on anything except 4K streaming.

I wouldn't say it was bad. But was just okay. Nothing AMAZING came out of it

How is releasing a new xbox console any different from releasing new phones every year? Or releasing new GPU's every half year. If it all works the same way, then that's great. 

I wouldn't say it was bad. But was just okay. Nothing AMAZING came out of it

What did you guys expect? I guess new IP would have been cool but MS already has multiple announced IPs that haven't yet been released. Pretty much everything they showed today was exclusive btw outside of FF15 and BF1, if my memory is right.

Yeah it wasn't amazing, but worst conference sans Nintendo? Please.

TEKKEN 7 and Akuma game play(aka testing TESTINGxSF)

Oh and TTT2 being free is dope. Hopefully I can convince the homes to download it so I can whoop some ass

That's the 500GB model.

399 for 2TB.

is there a middle price point for a 1tb? didn't catch it.

Also worth noting that there were a ton of leaks this year, a lot of this stuff was supposed to be a surprise, but people already knew.

Correct me wrong but after the Halo Wars 2 trailer, did I hear correctly? Studio Head - Dan Ayoub??

mp cross play would be dumb in my opinion. hwho honestly desires to play pc vs console?????

I would like the option. When both consoles support mouse + keyboard and pc supports controller, I don't see the need to separate. Give the option to turn cross platform mm'ing on or off

What did you guys expect? I guess new IP would have been cool but MS already has multiple announced IPs that haven't yet been released. Pretty much everything they showed today was exclusive btw outside of FF15 and BF1, if my memory is right.

Yeah it wasn't amazing, but worst conference sans Nintendo? Please.

I didn't watch the entire conference BTW

But TEKKEN isn't an exclusive either. It was actually announced on the ps4 first which is the console they'll probably use for competitive play

I didn't expect a lot be honest. The industry is going the wrong direction. A lot of copy and paste games

No new great IP coming Xbox = nothing special of a conference

How is releasing a new xbox console any different from releasing new phones every year? Or releasing new GPU's every half year. If it all works the same way, then that's great.

Is that sarcasm? Having an update phone every year that's 1000 is a terrible trend and people go out to buy the new version ever year when it's slightly updated.

The point of buying something is owning it for years before it runs out. Not have to throw it away because a fancy couch got released

Microsoft's conference was basically just telling you to buy a gaming PC instead of a console.

Which is fine with me, they obviously are moving in that direction with Xbox Live anywhere and cross buy/ cross play. There will always be a group of players that would rather buy a console and not fuss with PC though.

Is that sarcasm? Having an update phone every year that's 1000 is a terrible trend and people go out to buy the new version ever year when it's slightly updated.

The point of buying something is owning it for years before it runs out. Not have to throw it away because a fancy couch got released

Okay maybe the phone trend is a bad example, but is having new Computer parts - CPU, GPU's every year or so a bad thing?

Okay maybe the phone trend is a bad example, but is having new Computer parts - CPU, GPU's every year or so a bad thing?

Buying parts vs buying an entire new pc kit are 2 different price tags

And yes

You shouldn't have to upgrade every year. Buy some parts that'll last you 3 years. And spend the money on games instead of money on parts to plays games you're going to buy

Buying parts vs buying an entire new pc kit are 2 different price tags

And yes

You shouldn't have to upgrade every year. Buy some parts that'll last you 3 years. And spend the money on games instead of money on parts to plays games you're going to buy

But nobody is forcing u to upgrade every year. if u had to buy an xbox one this year - 2016 that's fine.

But if someone wants to buy the xbox next year - 2017, they have the option the choose the more expensive model - 2017 vs the cheaper 2016.

Just like with any other electronics, you get the pick the model you want to use. 

And you both get to play the same games, not like the past where different consoles = different ecosystems and OS.

• Upvote (+1) 1

But nobody is forcing u to upgrade every year. if u had to buy an xbox one this year - 2016 that's fine.

But if someone wants to buy the xbox next year - 2017, they have the option the choose the more expensive model - 2017 vs the cheaper 2016.

Just like with any other electronics, you get the pick the model you want to use.

And you both get to play the same games, not like the past where different consoles = different ecosystems and OS.

Exactly, you don't have to upgrade. The games will still work and the ecosystem will be the same.

And I'm done consoles. Xbone and Neo ( Don't have Ps4 yet) is my last consoles. Nice for Xbox fanboys since they have something to cheer for now

The MS conference was a big meh for me.

It shouldn't have to be that way. Waste of material

Make a product and let that be it for the next 5 years. Like I said the Xbox One was obsolete the moment it came out

The only reason why I bought one is because I have friends who don't put a lot of thought into their purchases. They only bought it because they owned a 360.

If it weren't for them I wouldn't have boughten a One just yet. Before i bought a one last year i was conetent eith talking to them on Skype while I was playing sf4 on the 360.

I guess it's true. I'm not forced to buy it. But if you care abut frame rate(which I do), you'll want it(and I do). And it's a gross trend that's making our generation the biggest consumers

Project Scorpio is also a really bad name even if it's a place holder. "PS" aka playstation.

Exactly, you don't have to upgrade. The games will still work and the ecosystem will be the same.

Except the hardware on the One is shit.you're on a halo forum that's been created by people with a competitive mindset for gaming. You care about console performance I'm sure. I'm sure you're not happy with the lag on shooters and frames dropping. You'll want the new console even tho you had already made a 499.99(maybe 399.99) purchase

I'll probably get less than 200 for my One if I want the new Xbox which will probably.cost 500 or more

It shouldn't have to be that way. Waste of material

Make a product and let that be it for the next 5 years. Like I said the Xbox One was obsolete the moment it came out

The only reason why I bought one is because I have friends who don't put a lot of thought into their purchases. They only bought it because they owned a 360.

If it weren't for them I wouldn't have boughten a One just yet. Before i bought a one last year i was conetent eith talking to them on Skype while I was playing sf4 on the 360.

I guess it's true. I'm not forced to buy it. But if you care abut frame rate(which I do), you'll want it(and I do). And it's a gross trend that's making our generation the biggest consumers

Project Scorpio is also a really bad name even if it's a place holder. "PS" aka playstation.

Except the hardware on the One is shit.you're on a halo forum that's been created by people with a competitive mindset for gaming. You care about console performance I'm sure. I'm sure you're not happy with the lag on shooters and frames dropping. You'll want the new console even tho you had already made a 499.99(maybe 399.99) purchase

I'll probably get less than 200 for my One if I want the new Xbox which will probably.cost 500 or more

If you care about 60 fps you shouldn't even be thinking about consoles  :eyes: Scorpio won't reach 4k + 60 fps.

If you care about 60 fps you shouldn't even be thinking about consoles  :eyes: Scorpio won't reach 4k + 60 fps.

Neither does my GTX980, 4k+60fps is pretty heavy. :P 

Even with two 980 ti you would need to turn down settings at 4k to get locked 60 fps

http://www.tomshardware.com/answers/id-2818820/graphics-card-60fps.html

and one 980 ti  = $599.99

I don't think the average gamer has this setup just yet lol

If you care about 60 fps you shouldn't even be thinking about consoles :eyes: Scorpio won't reach 4k + 60 fps.

Why won't it? Isn't the new hardware their adding more than capable of 60fps?

Edit: 4k+60fps. I'm not too worried about the 4k picture tbh. Just how smoth the games and console runs

I have a pc too, but I have a problem with the One's performance so I'll want the project Scorpio

Neither does my GTX980, 4k+60fps is pretty heavy. :P 

Even with two 980 ti you would need to turn down settings at 4k to get locked 60 fps

http://www.tomshardware.com/answers/id-2818820/graphics-card-60fps.html

and one 980 ti  = $599.99

I don't think the average gamer has this setup just yet lol

Yeah that's why i said it, some high end PC's still struggle to get 60 fps + 4k, can't figure out how a console would.

My guess is 4k with 30 fps and low graphics, honestly i think it will be just 1080p + 60 fps (finally) but advertising it like that would've been a joke, so they went with the whole 4k thing.

Why won't it? Isn't the new hardware their adding more than capable of 60fps?

Edit: 4k+60fps. I'm not too worried about the 4k picture tbh. Just how smoth the games and console runs

I have a pc too, but I have a problem with the One's performance so I'll want the project Scorpio

Read the other posts, i'm confident it will hit 60 fps + 1080p, now i don't know what are the exact specs of this new console but if high end PC's can't handle it, sure as hell a console won't.

I'm also curious, with everything they announced being also a Windows 10 exclusive, why even have an xbox at this point?

• Upvote (+1) 1