CyReN

E3 Discussion

They better fuck off with this "Quake Champions features a roster of unique characters, each with their own distinctive abilities, allowing you to fight the way you want."

• Upvote (+1) 3

I could see them getting away with the "Unique" traits if you first have to grab a powerup that lets you use it, but otherwise? Meh.

why did they remaster skyrim? it's not even that old and looks like a modded pc version lol.

oh that's right $$$$$$

why did they remaster skyrim? it's not even that old and looks like a modded pc version lol.

oh that's right $$$$$$

PC owners get it for free, so I'm almost 100% certain that it's just a compilation of HD mods being sold to console players.

Looks more like a small Xbox one than a PS4, I mean they aren't that different in the first place.

I was looking at the standing xbox one. Looked like a ps4 but white. Actually like the slimmer look tho. I'd sell my original for that and I never Do that

PC owners get it for free, so I'm almost 100% certain that it's just a compilation of HD mods being sold to console players.

Its a bit more than that. They're just bringing the game up to speed with more modern shaders but they're also increasing the max number of mods allowed among other things which is a pretty nice update to papyrus to make the game a bit more flexible for people who do mod. The reason its free is likely that you can get very similar results on PC for free already and they probably just didn't want to charge the uninformed, who already purchased everything from them, for a stability upgrade. Also trying to dodge that PR disaster if they did try it. Personally I think Skyrim has run its course already and they should have remastered Oblivion or Morrowind if they were wanting to go that route. What really should have happened though is TES 6. 

Holy shit was this E3 disappointing already.

The main streams haven't even started yet haha. EA and Bethesda have never had the highlights of E3. They've always showcased things that were already announced/known for the most part.

The main streams haven't even started yet haha. EA and Bethesda have never had the highlights of E3. They've always showcase things that were already announced/known for the most part.

and yet, there were the ones, I had my hopes up for.

I really don't expect much from MS beside gears (never been a HW fan), I don't care for Sony und Ubisoft will probably announce a couple open world games for 2020 and talk about the new Ghost Recon that doesn't really look like Ghost Recon (graphics are are nice and all but I playing on XBO, it will never look like what they showed...)

EA had the chance to blow my mind with some new SW footage or some amazing BF1 stuff, that tiny piece of "ingame material" Ryan posted could just as well be some techdemo that will never make it into the game so we don't really know anything and BF1 looked OK, I was hoping for a little more change due to it's setting (it looks like it will play a lot like BF4) and it will be interesting to see how it will actually look on XBO/PS4, I doubt it will be anything like what we've seen yesterday.

I'm still exited to try it out myself but I expected more tbh

What the fuck are you doing to Quake, Bethesda? Jesus Christ.

oh that's right $$$$$$

Oh, so much money. Because a huge part of Bethesda Game Studios' audience since Oblivion has been millions of complete suckers on consoles who wouldn't know good role-playing, level design, combat mechanics, art style, or voice acting if you beat them over the head with a copy of the Witcher 3. I'm certain that they will be blown away by the marginally improved graphics in what is still essentially the same piece of shit Gambryo engine with 10+ years of modernish technology duct-taped haphazardly to its visibly decrepit architecture.

and yet, there were the ones, I had my hopes up for.

I really don't expect much from MS beside gears (never been a HW fan), I don't care for Sony und Ubisoft will probably announce a couple open world games for 2020 and talk about the new Ghost Recon that doesn't really look like Ghost Recon (graphics are are nice and all but I playing on XBO, it will never look like what they showed...)

EA had the chance to blow my mind with some new SW footage or some amazing BF1 stuff, that tiny piece of "ingame material" Ryan posted could just as well be some techdemo that will never make it into the game so we don't really know anything and BF1 looked OK, I was hoping for a little more change due to it's setting (it looks like it will play a lot like BF4) and it will be interesting to see how it will actually look on XBO/PS4, I doubt it will be anything like what we've seen yesterday.

I'm still exited to try it out myself but I expected more tbh

Well that sucks man. Bethesda had some really awesome announcements. Dishonored 2 looked pretty damn good and there was some awesome news about ESO as well. EA's was a little underwhelming I admit, I just think it's a bit way too early to say the E3 is already a let down considering an overwhelming majority of announcements/news will be revealed tomorrow and Tuesday.

What the fuck are you doing to Quake, Bethesda? Jesus Christ.

Oh, so much money. Because a huge part of Bethesda Game Studios' audience since Oblivion has been millions of complete suckers on consoles who wouldn't know good role-playing, level design, combat mechanics, art style, or voice acting if you beat them over the head with a copy of the Witcher 3. I'm certain that they will be blown away by the marginally improved graphics in what is still essentially the same piece of shit Gambryo engine with 10+ years of modernish technology duct-taped haphazardly to its visibly decrepit architecture.

Dude, skyrim is a fucking amazing game I don't care what you say. I'm not comparing it to oblivion, or the witcher, I'm just relaying the experience I had playing it in the same way so many other people have the game kicks ass. There's so much charm to it, between the music and the environments and the goofy AI dialogue. I understand what the rpg gamers dislike about it, but come on. It's no less than a 9/10.

They better fuck off with this "Quake Champions features a roster of unique characters, each with their own distinctive abilities, allowing you to fight the way you want."

God fucking damn it Bethesda.

You had one job.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Dude, skyrim is a fucking amazing game I don't care what you say. I'm not comparing it to oblivion, or the witcher, I'm just relaying the experience I had playing it in the same way so many other people have the game kicks ass. There's so much charm to it, between the music and the environments and the goofy AI dialogue. I understand what the rpg gamers dislike about it, but come on. It's no less than a 9/10.

I'm not sure how you could call 9/10 on a game that did everything its predecessor did but slightly worse except for leveling your character which was, in the end, a marginal improvement and its graphics. The Dark Brotherhood (really all of the guilds by comparison) and magic in general in Skyrim is total ass. I'm not even saying its a bad game either but it does have serious flaws. Both of them have massive flaws and so does Morrowind. The Witcher 3 shits all over it in a million different ways. Skyrim is an amalgamation of random Bethesda RPG elements that comes up shallow everywhere. Its the best at nothing except maybe being simple and bite sized enough for anyone to understand extremely quickly. It is an enjoyable game for sure but 9/10? What room are you leaving for the hundreds of improvements you could make on the design? What would happen if they actually added the strength of the older ES games had through story telling that Skyrim totally missed? Added combat that wasn't trash? That's the type of rating that every AAA game released gets from IGN and not a critical one at all.

The easiest way to understand the way Bethesda games have been going in recent years would be to stop and go play Oblivion. Complete the Thieves guild and Dark Brotherhood quests. Stop playing and go do the same on Skyrim. Fallout and ES are both suffering in the same way.

My modded skyrim looks better than the remaster. Bethesda didn't impress me at all this year ):

EA conference was awful

They keep bring up games they're "later gonna show"

E3 has gone downhill. So has the industry

Lil chill fam. The big ones are always Microsoft and Sony and they haven't even started yet. Besides, EA has always had weak conferences.

cant wait for the xbox press brief. ive been watching these live since 2004. Some years have been bad and some good, but it's a fun tradition. most people in my office.. if not all of then... i cant ever discuss this with because theyre too "grown up" for video games and tech.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Lil chill fam. The big ones are always Microsoft and Sony and they haven't even started yet. Besides, EA has always had weak conferences.

I've been watching E3 before the reveals of 360 and PS3

The conferences have gone down hill and EA just keeps getting worse and worse. Why is Zac Efron and Jamie Fox at a live stream for BF1?

The industry has lost who they are. Used to be about video games. Now it's an MTV show

Ubisoft's is usually the worst conference

The conferences have gone down hill and EA just keeps getting worse and worse. Why is Zac Efron and Jamie Fox at a live stream for BF1?

The industry has lost who they are. Used to be about video games. Now it's an MTV show

BF with celebs was fun yo

That girl that was yelling her head off at the Bethesda show was the best thing ever. I hope someone makes a compilation of the screams.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Ubisoft is easily the most cringy conference. Should be better than EA. Looking forward to South Park Fractured But Whole and For Honor. 

That girl that was yelling her head off at the Bethesda show was the best thing ever. I hope someone makes a compilation of the screams.

Dude I was cracking up hahaha. The chat was going in. "STFU grill" "Someone kick her a** out" lmao! Dude I was dying!

I'm not sure how you could call 9/10 on a game that did everything its predecessor did but slightly worse except for leveling your character which was, in the end, a marginal improvement and its graphics. The Dark Brotherhood (really all of the guilds by comparison) and magic in general in Skyrim is total ass. I'm not even saying its a bad game either but it does have serious flaws. Both of them have massive flaws and so does Morrowind. The Witcher 3 shits all over it in a million different ways. Skyrim is an amalgamation of random Bethesda RPG elements that comes up shallow everywhere. Its the best at nothing except maybe being simple and bite sized enough for anyone to understand extremely quickly. It is an enjoyable game for sure but 9/10? What room are you leaving for the hundreds of improvements you could make on the design? What would happen if they actually added the strength of the older ES games had through story telling that Skyrim totally missed? Added combat that wasn't trash? That's the type of rating that every AAA game released gets from IGN and not a critical one at all.

The easiest way to understand the way Bethesda games have been going in recent years would be to stop and go play Oblivion. Complete the Thieves guild and Dark Brotherhood quests. Stop playing and go do the same on Skyrim. Fallout and ES are both suffering in the same way.

I think I mostly agree with you here, but literally the only good part of Oblivion is the Dark Brotherhood quest-line. That game was a steaming pile of shit. Skyrim may have stream-lined the core systems into Oblivion (heh), but it did so AFTER they were completely fucking broken. An RPG in which you are actually better off NOT leveling up if you don't want to micromanage and power level? Brilliant. Have fun fighting those bandits in full sets of glass gear. I would probably rate Skyrim a 6.5 to acknowledge that it is at least a mostly competent game, with characters that somewhat resemble people, despite being unremarkable in most respects. Oblivion, on the other hand, is one of the worst RPGs I've ever played and that's including what BGS did to the Fallout series.

It's a good thing Bethesda has games from decent studios like Arkane and Id to show off, because the last truly good game that Bethesda Game Studios put out was Morrowind.

Ubisoft is easily the most cringy conference. Should be better than EA. Looking forward to South Park Fractured But Whole and For Honor. 

The best part is that if South Park is there, Matt Stone/Trey Parker will likely be there to help relive the cringe a bit.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Cross-buy for Gears 4 on PC and Xbox One. Cross-play announced for co-op game modes, no info on regular multiplayer cross-play