CyReN

E3 Discussion

I was really hoping FF7 would make its way to Xbox. It still could but at least it will be available for PC.

It wouldn't be out of the realm of possibility to only be on the current versions of the original platforms it launched for. Same happened with Final Fantasy X/X-2 HD and both Kingdom Hearts collections. FF7 released for both the original Playstation and PC.

I think it might be a little different since it's an entire remake and not just a HD upgrade. Like FF7HD being on the PS3 only.

So FF7 Remake was announced for PC too. Wonder if this means no Xbone

Is that because nothing has been said about the One and FF7 yet?

Yep. If they announced it for both PS4 and PC at E3, I don't see why they wouldn't announce it for Xbox One too.

Pro tip: If Sony didn't say "console exclusive", then it's coming to Xbox One. Microsoft and Sony always use the same wording when it comes to timed exclusives, every year.

"Exclusive" = 100% exclusive

"Console exclusive" = Only on one console and PC

"Timed exclusive" = Eventually on the other console and PC

If Sony didn't boast "console exclusive", then it's likely going to be on the Xbox One eventually.

Pro tip: If Sony didn't say "console exclusive", then it's coming to Xbox One. Microsoft and Sony always use the same wording when it comes to timed exclusives, every year.

"Exclusive" = 100% exclusive

"Console exclusive" = Only on one console and PC

"Timed exclusive" = Eventually on the other console and PC

If Sony didn't boast "console exclusive", then it's likely going to be on the Xbox One eventually.

Not necessarily. If it was going to be on the One don't you think MSFT would've said something already? Why is it announced on PC, but not One?

I didn't see "console exclusive" for No Man's Sky

Not necessarily. If it was going to be on the One don't you think MSFT would've said something already? Why is it announced on PC, but not One?

I didn't see "console exclusive" for No Man's Sky

Microsoft/Sony doesn't always know who's making what on their consoles. There are many console games that they don't know about until it's announced. Microsoft and Sony simply sends the publisher development kits when asked and hope they do something with it.

Microsoft/Sony doesn't always know who's making what on their consoles. There are many console games that they don't know about until it's announced. Microsoft and Sony simply sends the publisher development kits when asked and hope they do something with it.

Whoever Kagari on Neogaf is... i just read a post saying it's NOT coming to the Xbox One. Unless he doesn't know shit and/or it was a fake link

I'm pretty sure i heard "Console exclusive and PC" in the conference, not time exclusive or just exclusive at all. Could be wrong but i'm like 90% sure.

I'm pretty sure i heard "Console exclusive and PC" in the conference, not time exclusive or just exclusive at all. Could be wrong but i'm like 90% sure.

"Coming first to Playstation 4" That's all they say. These discussions happen every year because Microsoft and Sony are always careful with their wording, but I promise you, if they are given the chance to boast about them having a console exclusive, they never miss it.

anyone see that indie game "Unravel?"  I believe EA is putting it out, or funded it, or something like that.

Game looks incredible.

• Upvote (+1) 2

anyone see that indie game "Unravel?"  I believe EA is putting it out, or funded it, or something like that.

Game looks incredible.

Unravel looks so charming. I really like the design of the game. It kind of reminds me of Limbo almost. Except they are 2 different games.

That dev who was presenting at the EA conference was sooooo nervous. The guy's hands were shaking like crazy. I'm glad the crowd gave him some cheers.

• Upvote (+1) 1

@ Read this interview with the CEO of Sony Europe about the FF7 timed exclusive. It's just obvious at this point

LN2gArD.jpg

http://www.gamespot.com/articles/sony-e3-2015-interview-final-fantasy-7-exclusivity/1100-6428295/

I unno. Doesn't change much. It could also be on PC and then later down the road it could be on the One. As of right now it's first on PS4. If that means i get to play it on the PS4 a week early, it's not even worth mentioning. If it's a year exclusivity. Well then you might as well count it as an exclusive since people are counting Tomb Raider as an exclusive for the One. I don't agree, but they way people pre-order games these days. They can't wait.

I unno. Doesn't change much. It could also be on PC and then later down the road it could be on the One. As of right now it's first on PS4. If that means i get to play it on the PS4 a week early, it's not even worth mentioning. If it's a year exclusivity. Well then you might as well count it as an exclusive since people are counting Tomb Raider as an exclusive for the One. I don't agree, but they way people pre-order games these days. They can't wait.

Well we were originally arguing that if it was going to eventually come to the Xbox One or not and with the way Sony is tip-toeing around the questions, it's likely that it is. Whether gamers will wait or not is another topic

Well we were originally arguing that if it was going to eventually come to the Xbox One or not and with the way Sony is tip-toeing around the questions, it's likely that it is. Whether gamers will wait or not is another topic

Well that's what i'm saying tho. it's gotta have exclusivity to it tho or what's the worth of mentioning it. As of right now it's only on the PS4 and PC. I guess we'll see what happens.

I hate how Microsoft gets so much hate from people but if Sony did the same thing they would get praise. Like if Microsoft held a 2M kickstarter for a game announced at E3 people would call them out on it hard but Sony does it, it's okay. Same with the rise of the tomb raider exclusively.

• Upvote (+1) 3

It's because Microsoft is the big bad evil corporation and Sony is the underdog who "appeals" to gamers this generation. Xbox and the 360 were both incredible consoles,and as much of a Microsoft fanboy that I am, I'm not going to pretend like the Xbox one is up to par. Because it's not, it's a flaming pile of shit. But Microsoft has some of the best devs in the world and they're leagues more capable than Sony when it comes to transforming the console through software. The fact that they can add in backwards compatibility through emulation is mind boggling, especially considering that emulation is a very taxing process, and the delta between the processing power of Xbox 360 and Xbox One is much smaller than that of the Ps3 and 4.

The Windows 10 dashboard preview they showed is already miles better than anything Sony will do through the life of the ps4. Microsoft doesn't deserve hate at all, at least they listen to us.

• Upvote (+1) 3

I hate how Microsoft gets so much hate from people but if Sony did the same thing they would get praise. Like if Microsoft held a 2M kickstarter for a game announced at E3 people would call them out on it hard but Sony does it, it's okay. Same with the rise of the tomb raider exclusively.

It's because Microsoft is the big bad evil corporation and Sony is the underdog who "appeals" to gamers this generation. Xbox and the 360 were both incredible consoles,and as much of a Microsoft fanboy that I am, I'm not going to pretend like the Xbox one is up to par. Because it's not, it's a flaming pile of shit. But Microsoft has some of the best devs in the world and they're leagues more capable than Sony when it comes to transforming the console through software. The fact that they can add in backwards compatibility through emulation is mind boggling, especially considering that emulation is a very taxing process, and the delta between the processing power of Xbox 360 and Xbox One is much smaller than that of the Ps3 and 4.

The Windows 10 dashboard preview they showed is already miles better than anything Sony will do through the life of the ps4. Microsoft doesn't deserve hate at all, at least they listen to us.

You 2 seem t forget the DRM bullshit they tried to pull. And the garbage that Sony is doing now with "first to PS4" is because of MSFT started that trend.

You 2 seem t forget the DRM bullshit they tried to pull. And the garbage that Sony is doing now with "first to PS4" is because of MSFT started that trend.

First of all, I didn't mind the DRM. Pretty

Every one of my games is digital now anyways, most of my friends go the same route and it's much easier. Requiring internet isn't an issue for 99 percent of buyers, and if you don't have internet I don't know what business you have buying a gaming console. I think people just like the freak out about things.

That being said, I can somewhat sympathize with those people, and Microsoft was quick to do a 180 with their stance. That's more than we can assume Sony would've done in the same situation, they're definitely more set in their ways. In fact, Microsoft is implementing tons of features that are being requested into the UI every month, how much has the Sony UI changed since 2005?

The reason Sony can get away with it is that they are trying to bring an enormous fan favorite series back to life. Also, Shenmue isn't first party. It's owned by Sega, who refuses to fund the game. So they are looking to Sony and crowd funding to raise enough money for the game. If Microsoft did the same with another 3rd party, fan favorite series it would be overlooked too.

The reason Sony can get away with it is that they are trying to bring an enormous fan favorite series back to life. Also, Shenmue isn't first party. It's owned by Sega, who refuses to fund the game. So they are looking to Sony and crowd funding to raise enough money for the game. If Microsoft did the same with another 3rd party, fan favorite series it would be overlooked too.

There is no need for a kickstarter. None. It's embarrassing. If EA went to kickstarter God help the Internet, but good guy Sony does it, it's fine. I'm all for Microsoft doing whatever they want to make money off me, if Sony wants to use a kickstarter to gauge interest and free paid publicity from its fans, I'm all for it. If Nintendo wants to fuck everyone out of amiibo to keep interest and desire high, I'm all for it. At the end of the day I've got money to shell out to enjoy one of my favorite hobbies so it doesn't bother me. What bothers me is the double standard that people have in the community.

First of all, I didn't mind the DRM. Pretty

Every one of my games is digital now anyways, most of my friends go the same route and it's much easier. Requiring internet isn't an issue for 99 percent of buyers, and if you don't have internet I don't know what business you have buying a gaming console. I think people just like the freak out about things.

That being said, I can somewhat sympathize with those people, and Microsoft was quick to do a 180 with their stance. That's more than we can assume Sony would've done in the same situation, they're definitely more set in their ways. In fact, Microsoft is implementing tons of features that are being requested into the UI every month, how much has the Sony UI changed since 2005?

The always online thing is unnecessary. I don't like the idea of not being able to play my One online or offline. For awhile i couldn't play my 360 online, but still had internet. So i just played single player games.

They still could've implemented those features, but make it exclusive to digital games only. Which would awesome. Actually i think you can share games now which is dope.

Lol "That's more than we can assume Sony would've done in the same situation", but they weren't in that position... which is my point.

Sony may take a little longer for stuff, but stuff like PS+ is very much for the gamer as it is for them. While MSFT wasn't giving you fuck all til the PS4 started becoming the popular vote. Not until recently have they been doing stuff for the game which is nice. But i still know their intentions. Competition is a good thing. So it's nice seeing Sony back in the lead. It seems it's making MSFT step it up. It's disappointing seeing PS4 doing "gimmicky" things like MSFT was doing for a while like the "first to(insert console)".

There is no need for a kickstarter. None. It's embarrassing. If EA went to kickstarter God help the Internet, but good guy Sony does it, it's fine. I'm all for Microsoft doing whatever they want to make money off me, if Sony wants to use a kickstarter to gauge interest and free paid publicity from its fans, I'm all for it. If Nintendo wants to fuck everyone out of amiibo to keep interest and desire high, I'm all for it. At the end of the day I've got money to shell out to enjoy one of my favorite hobbies so it doesn't bother me. What bothers me is the double standard that people have in the community.

Didn't the developers start the kick starter?

Sega and the devs for Shenmue 3 came up with the Kickstarter idea and campaign. Sony is paying for a good portion of the game.