CyReN

E3 Discussion

Nintendo, please don't put any bs peripheral with the NX or at least make it 100% optional. I want to play Breath of the Wild but I'm not going to if I have to deal with a forced peripheral.

You can play Breath on the Wii U.

You can play Breath on the Wii U.

Which also has a dumb peripheral. I waited to buy a WiiU until they made a Zelda game. Now they waited so long that the next console is around the corner so I might as well wait a little more.

Dishonored was easily game of the year 2012. After Halo 4, of course.

Halo 4 was game of the year? Lol

Which also has a dumb peripheral. I waited to buy a WiiU until they made a Zelda game. Now they waited so long that the next console is around the corner so I might as well wait a little more.

Honestly if the controller that has been rumored to come with the NC is true, then you're better off buying a pro controller.

why can't Nintendo just create a traditional console controller... their last great one was the snes.

i want to play Nintendo games but i can't stand gimmicky non traditional controllers.

why can't Nintendo just create a traditional console controller... their last great one was the snes.

i want to play Nintendo games but i can't stand gimmicky non traditional controllers.

Nintendo is so out of touch with the consumer. They should stop making home consoles, stick to handhelds and put their franchises on xbox and ps

Did you really forget about the GameCube controller.

Did you really forget about the GameCube controller.

main reason i didnt buy a gamecube and went to xbox instead.

main reason i didnt buy a gamecube and went to xbox instead.

Wow really? It's considered to be one of the best controllers Nintendo made. They even went out of their way to resale it for Smash 4.

Wow really? It's considered to be one of the best controllers Nintendo made. They even went out of their way to resale it for Smash 4.

Yeah, I couldn't get into that controller. I remember back in 2001, I went to bestbuy, walked up to the nintendo gamecube demo...and said wtf is this?? Felt like a childs toy or something. Having come from the N64...I just didn't like it.

Then I picked up and Xbox box and read the back of it...and thought, this looks cool, so I took a chance with Xbox and didn't look back. I had been a loyal Nintendo user since NES in the 80s when it first came out. NES, SNES, N64, then bam, straight to Xbox.

I bought a PS2 just for GTA Vice City because of the dumb exclusivity term...and then never bought any other PS2 games. I wanted GTA so bad...and then eventually it came to Xbox...but it took too long.

If Nintendo ever comes out with a standard traditional controller, no motion, no gimmick, no screen, no duel-nunchuck crap...I'll gladly buy a Nintendo again...I'm lucky my N64 still works.

I really don't know why Nintendo excused themselves from the console discussion entirely. I could be wrong but I really don't think many people give a fuck about their gimmicky crap. People buy Nintendo because they want Mario, Zelda, Pokemon, SSB, etc. They also had a great thing going with the Wii and its price point. Then they made the Wii U, I wasn't even aware that it released due to extremely awful marketing, drove the price up and didn't launch any of the good first party titles for awhile. We can see how popular their gimmick game is as far as sales now. Its obvious that the first party IPs and the price point are what carried Nintendo. I wonder if they'll take notice and either join back up with Sony/MS hardware wise and have the same 3rd party selection or if they'll go back towards something like the Wii and reap the popularity that an extremely cheap console can bring

I really don't know why Nintendo excused themselves from the console discussion entirely. I could be wrong but I really don't think many people give a fuck about their gimmicky crap. People buy Nintendo because they want Mario, Zelda, Pokemon, SSB, etc. They also had a great thing going with the Wii and its price point. Then they made the Wii U, I wasn't even aware that it released due to extremely awful marketing, drove the price up and didn't launch any of the good first party titles for awhile. We can see how popular their gimmick game is as far as sales now. Its obvious that the first party IPs and the price point are what carried Nintendo. I wonder if they'll take notice and either join back up with Sony/MS hardware wise and have the same 3rd party selection or if they'll go back towards something like the Wii and reap the popularity that an extremely cheap console can bring

Nintendo is out of touch, that's all there is to it. I mean, they just released a universal account system earlier this year and it's still not fleshed out yet and their online interface hasn't even caught up to 2005. They are so behind in so many different ways. Their games are still phenomenal though which is all they have left.

Nintendo is out of touch, that's all there is to it. I mean, they just released a universal account system 2015 and it's still not fleshed out yet and their online interface hasn't even caught up to 2005. They are so behind in so many different ways. Their games are still phenomenal though which is all they have left.

Not to mention their Japanese business executives are stuck in the goddamn meji era. They have completely abused the "fair use" system and many content creators have gotten hurt because of that. I dont support Nintendo. 

That may have been extremely subtle sarcasm.

Can never tell on this forum, but I had feeling you were joking

Yeah, I couldn't get into that controller. I remember back in 2001, I went to bestbuy, walked up to the nintendo gamecube demo...and said wtf is this?? Felt like a childs toy or something. Having come from the N64...I just didn't like it.

Then I picked up and Xbox box and read the back of it...and thought, this looks cool, so I took a chance with Xbox and didn't look back. I had been a loyal Nintendo user since NES in the 80s when it first came out. NES, SNES, N64, then bam, straight to Xbox.

I bought a PS2 just for GTA Vice City because of the dumb exclusivity term...and then never bought any other PS2 games. I wanted GTA so bad...and then eventually it came to Xbox...but it took too long.

If Nintendo ever comes out with a standard traditional controller, no motion, no gimmick, no screen, no duel-nunchuck crap...I'll gladly buy a Nintendo again...I'm lucky my N64 still works.

The gamecube controller......bad? HAHAHAHAHAHAHA

????????????

not only do you say you liked the 64 controller (and it's really fine, just not the best), but then you say you liked the xbox controller better..

The gamecube controller is basically the fucking xbox controller except it has an extra bumper. and the wii pro controller is basically a 360 controller 1:1. Edit: nvm, the sticks are parallel, my mate just has a 3rd party one that has the xbox look.

but still

41jK%2BTGzztL.jpg

That's about as bland as you can get, no gimmicks at all

• Upvote (+1) 1

Nintendo are so behind in so many different ways. Their games are still phenomenal though which is all they have left.

And personally, That is basically the only thing I care about. Idgaf if my xbone can stream twitch, recognize my voice, or it's integrated with skype. I get a game console to play good games.
  • Upvote (+1) 1

????????????

not only do you say you liked the 64 controller (and it's really fine, just not the best), but then you say you liked the xbox controller better..

The gamecube controller is basically the fucking xbox controller except it has an extra bumper. and the wii pro controller is basically a 360 controller 1:1.

But it's "CHILDISH" because.....reasons.....I really don't get the "Kiddy" thing in gaming. It's like anything with color makes grown men cringe in fear. I mean we are on a Halo forum and most idiots will say Halo is childish and cartoony too but we know gameplay wise that's horse shit.

• Upvote (+1) 2

but still

41jK%2BTGzztL.jpg

This is my wii u controller for fuck sake. 

21oa593.jpg

This is literally an xbox controller and this was only 14 bucks. People will use any excuse to hate something. Especially Nintendo, and I don't understand why and never will. Nintendo has time and time again proven they make the best games. Especially when it comes to polishing them and shipping them complete with so much fucking content. But "boo hoo, it's not made to the bloody violence, excessive profanity, and photo realism of Western regional standards, fuck the Japanese." Jesus Christ. 

????????????

The gamecube controller is basically the fucking xbox controller except it has an extra bumper. and the wii pro controller is basically a 360 controller 1:1. Edit: nvm, the sticks are parallel, my mate just has a 3rd party one that has the xbox look.

but still

41jK%2BTGzztL.jpg

I get where you're going with this...

but...going from this...

N64_Controller_Mod_Joystick_Repair_Retro

to...

1999.jpg

I'm sorry but the gamecube controller just didn't make any damn sense to me at the time. I picked it up, played that damn Luigi's mansion game for about 10 seconds before I walked away in disgust. It was just too different for me personally...the controller felt toy-like...especially that stupid little C-stick...why they made it feel like a little nub is beyond me. Then the ABXY buttons being all different sizes...why......?

The Xbox, without ZERO research or knowing anything about it prior to me walking up to that Gamecube kiosk...sold me immediately after reading about Halo. 

At this point, it doesn't matter. Nintendo failed hardcore when the Wii came out...they decided to become some "new" era gaming system by trying to incorporate exercise and physical activity into gaming because why? I don't know. Maybe they were told that gamers are lazy fat asses...but as a loyal Nintendo customer since NES...I was outraged at the direction they went.

Hell, even when Saturn and Playstation were going fwd with CD games..I still stayed with Nintendo because the games and the system made sense to me and I enjoyed them more.

I have a feeling if gamecube's launch game was a Mario game that topped Mario 64... I may have bought the gamecube and ignored the controller. But Luigi's mansion with that stupid ass vacuum ghost shit...just made me turn the other way.

This is my wii u controller for fuck sake. 

21oa593.jpg

This is literally an xbox controller and this was only 14 bucks. People will use any excuse to hate something. Especially Nintendo, and I don't understand why and never will. Nintendo has time and time again proven they make the best games. Especially when it comes to polishing them and shipping them complete with so much fucking content. But "boo hoo, it's not made to the bloody violence, excessive profanity, and photo realism of Western regional standards, fuck the Japanese." Jesus Christ. 

Way to assume things.

Here's me being like you, "Typical Euro.".

By the way...what is wrong with you that you had to go that route?

Did my distaste for Nintendo's Gamecube and beyond seriously offend you that much?

This also goes for the whole console wars thing. I always though it was stupid and ridiculous back in the 90s. I remember in junior high in the 90s you were either Nintendo or Sega...and I used to see kids fight over that crap...seriously?

FFS people...who the hell cares? Are you that insecure that you need to social media and the internet to reinforce your purchase decisions??

I switched from Nintendo to Xbox in 2001...so sue me. If that offends you...get a freaking life.

Way to assume things.

Here's me being like you, "Typical Euro.".

By the way...what is wrong with you that you had to go that route?

Did my distaste for Nintendo's Gamecube and beyond seriously offend you that much?

This also goes for the whole console wars thing. I always though it was stupid and ridiculous back in the 90s. I remember in junior high in the 90s you were either Nintendo or Sega...and I used to see kids fight over that crap...seriously?

FFS people...who the hell cares? Are you that insecure that you need to social media and the internet to reinforce your purchase decisions??

I switched from Nintendo to Xbox in 2001...so sue me. If that offends you...get a freaking life.

It's the fact the gamecube controller is the exact same thing as the xbox controller, and yet you say it's like a toy? They're all fucking plastic toys. The button shapes do nothing. You press them like any other fucking controller. The fuck dose that have to do with anything. Now the aesthetics of controllers matter too? Holy fuck.

Hell, if anything that fat fucking duke would have been the most annoying weird controller to play on. And I know why you Play xbox. I'm not fucking stupid. Because you "grew up" and "matured" and Nintendo didn't and kiddy, and cartoony, and this ohhhh blahh. 

I've seen the shit 1,000 times, your cock isn't getting bigger because you play the big bad xbox and not that kiddy fisher price Nintendo. The real insecurity is men projecting their masculinity onto electronic devices and it drives me fucking crazy. 

"Luigi's mansion with that stupid ass vacuum ghost shit...just made me turn the other way."

And thus you missed out on not only this incredible game, but all the other fantastic games, including melee which has been the deepest fighter for over 14 years. Holy shit, kid.

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

It's the fact the gamecube controller is the exact same thing as the xbox controller, and yet you say it's like a toy? They're all fucking plastic toys. The button shapes do nothing. You press them like any other fucking controller. The fuck dose that have to do with anything. Now the aesthetics of controllers matter too? Holy fuck.

Hell, if anything that fat fucking duke would have been the most annoying weird controller to play on. And I know why you Play xbox. I'm not fucking stupid. Because you "grew up" and "matured" and Nintendo didn't and kiddy, and cartoony, and this ohhhh blahh. 

I've seen the shit 1,000 times, your cock isn't getting bigger because you play the big bad xbox and not that kiddy fisher price Nintendo. The real insecurity is men projecting their masculinity onto electronic devices and it drives me fucking crazy. 

"Luigi's mansion with that stupid ass vacuum ghost shit...just made me turn the other way."

And thus you missed out on not only this incredible game, but all the other fantastic games, including melee which has been the deepest fighter for over 14 years. Holy shit, kid.

Did you seriously just go into penis size?

The transition between Mario 64 and Luigi's mansion is a fucking night and day difference in gameplay and...I don't know...enjoyability?

Why you so angry?

EDIT: let me go further with this...based on your "you missed out on this great game" bullshit.

Go back go Mario Bros...go play it...go check out some YT vids on it...it's boring as fuck. Then most people find out about Mario bros with Super Mario Bros in the early 80s....kids in Sears stores playing the kiosk with a tiny mario and then hitting a brick and seeing a mushroom and running into it and seeing that mario grows huge! The concept was caught on fairly quickly. Going forward, Mario bros became a icon, a icon...an expectation so to speak.

While Luigi was Mario's bro in coop, the main gameplay in Mario games was Mario....right?  Futhermore the Mario games were pretty consistent over time since the 80s...stomp on the goombas and the koopa troopas...basically stomp on the baddies.

When my most recent mario game was Mario 64...and I'm presented with Luigi's mansion as the selling point of the Gamecube...excuse me if I don't get turned on by Luigi's fucking flashlight....

Never cared for Luigi's Mansion

I only got a gamecube because of the Zelda collection that came with it