CyReN

E3 Discussion

Who fucking cares in the end about Xbox One or PS4? Wii U is where its at right now :kappa:

Fuck Xbone, PS4 and Wii u. Ouya is the best brah

• Upvote (+1) 1

I mean lets be real. Wii U has a shooter (Splatoon), Open World RPG (Breath of the Wild), a fighter (Smash) and a racing game (Mario Kart) Each are extremely well made and have tons of replay ability. Or Breath seems to be amazing at least.

Are you implying that Dreamcast (the real GOAT) won't make a comeback?

• Upvote (+1) 2

I mean lets be real. Wii U has a shooter (Splatoon), Open World RPG (Breath of the Wild), a fighter (Smash) and a racing game (Mario Kart) Each are extremely well made and have tons of replay ability. Or Breath seems to be amazing at least.

Wii u is a good console with great games. To bad Nintendo's stupid choices killed it.

Are you implying that Dreamcast (the real GOAT) won't make a comeback?

Sega E3 2017 Dreamcast 2 reveal brah.

What was that Nintendo VR console that gave you terribad headaches? that was obviously the best of all consoles.

Virtual boy was the hot stuff back in the day, boy

If the NX is a fair price with no bs peripheral that I'll be forced to use, I will likely buy it. Breath of the Wild looks superb.

Well we can agreed that MS and Sony's e3 show was better than EA lol.

Honestly EA did even better than Bethesda this year. At least EA actually showed gameplay.

Oh joy. They are crossbuy within their own platforms. 

Windows is also a Microsoft platform. 

What MS is doing is exactly what competition is. They're changing up the game. They're evolving past the archaic exclusive platform where you can only play with people on the same platform. They're attempting to make cross-buy the norm. The entire point of competition is evolution of the market and this is it.

The entire point of competition is to create pressure. MS attempting to monopolies gaming is not going to create this pressure.

And we've already seen when the pressure is off MS they really let the foot off of the pedal.

Besides I've yet to see any arguments that explain why getting rid of console gens is a good thing.

The entire point of competition is to create pressure. MS attempting to monopolies gaming is not going to create this pressure.

And we've already seen when the pressure is off MS they really let the foot off of the pedal.

Besides I've yet to see any arguments that explain why getting rid of console hens is a good thing.

Because they lose money with consoles? Its far easier and makes them more money to capitalize on people buying Win10 and the games on Win10 and Xbox

Because they lose money with consoles? Its far easier and makes them more money to capitalize on people buying Win10 and the games on Win10 and Xbox

It's good for them. Why is it good for us?

And I find most Sony games to be walking simulators or scripted event games that lack actual gameplay. Though if someone says that they like Uncharted 4, I'm going to question why they like it and demand why they don't like Xbox games instead. Let others enjoy what they enjoy. If they're not attacking anything and only saying what they're hyped for, there's absolutely nothing wrong with that. I'm glad that you're enjoying SF5. That's cool even though I don't like fighting games. I like Gears of War and I'm excited for Gears of War 4. That's cool too.

"Walking simulators" is that a jab at games like the last of us and uncharted or something?

I unno. Since gaming has become a fad now. the qaulity and depth of a game has gone down now. Everyone keeps throwing money st what ever the media tells them is Good.

I'm not he hating or down playing a huge name like The Last Guardian. That's blind hate

I'm using past and current experiences with games to make my. Judgement. Seems a lot of these people on these forum are more modern gamers. Maybe they played games back in the day too. But they are more accepting of the gaining industry and how games are being made now

Exclusive games cost money to make. Microsoft want to use PC to recoup some of the money since xbox fans didn't buy those

​games, that and they want UWP to fight against steam.

They also want to push win10

Isnt that more good for us and more bad for them? Because we don't have to buy 2 games now?

Exclusive games cost money to make. Microsoft want to use PC to recoup some of the money since xbox fans didn't buy those

​games, that and they want UWP to fight against steam.

UWP? Nothing will beat steam. Theyre too flexible and very much for the gamer

Isnt that more good for us and more bad for them? Because we don't have to buy 2 games now?

Buy two games?

I'm talking about their plans to end console gens not cross buy.

Buy two games?

I'm talking about their plans to end console gens not cross buy.

Sony's PS4k or whatever is going to be the exact same deal as the Scorpio, albeit way less powerful. That's just what's happening. 

Console gens as you call it has always been a terrible way to go about it. Old games become useless, devs have to learn a whole new architecture, they split the community, etc. 

Imagine if every single time you upgraded your phone, all the software and games you have on your old one no longer works on this new device and you could only talk or text with people that also get the same new phone as you. So consumer friendly, no? 

Edit: I know you think PC gaming is way too complicated but if you truly saw how fucking amazing it is to have the ability to play any game that has ever been released on whatever type of PC you decide to use, all the while having all of your friends having the same ability you'd understand why getting rid of the archaic console generation cycles is a good thing.

Imagine if on the new Nintendo console, literally every Nintendo game ever released on all of the previous Nintendo consoles were playable natively. That's what you can look forward to do going forward from the X1 and PS4 onward.  

• Upvote (+1) 2

Sony's PS4k or whatever is going to be the exact same deal as the Scorpio, albeit way less powerful. That's just what's happening. 

Console gens as you call it has always been a terrible way to go about it. Old games become useless, devs have to learn a whole new architecture, they split the community, etc. 

Imagine if every single time you upgraded your phone, all the software and games you have on your old one no longer works on this new device and you could only talk or text with people that also get the same new phone as you. So consumer friendly, no? 

I suspect Nintendo is planning the same as Sony and MS.

Either way the console cycle as people know it is pretty much over

Neo seems more along the lines of what the slim is. Something that exists as a reaction to the rapid rise of VR. Not in an effort to kill console gens.

Having 2 or 3 seperate platforms running simultaneously is going to fracture player bases way more than 1 clear upgrade every 5-10 years.

We're going to have scorpio, then what? Another half jump 2 years later? Then again? Cool, $500 consoles every 2 years. Because money grows on trees.

And these are all going to run the same games? How? Are the new consoles going to be held back? Because more powerful tech doesn't just mean higher framerate and better resolutions. It means things that can't just be scaled up and down like more complex AI. So devs have to design 2 or 3 sets of AI so their game can work across all these consoles? Or are they going to make low end AI that can work on all consoles?

I don't see how this is good for anyone but MS.

The comparisons to phones doesn't work because we don't pay $500-1000 every two years for phones . We pay the same monthly payment and get new hardware every couple years. If MS goes to a subscription based system than this is a different discussion.

Neo seems more along the lines of what the slim is. Something that exists as a reaction to the rapid rise of VR. Not in an effort to kill console gens.

Having 2 or 3 seperate platforms running simultaneously is going to fracture player bases way more than 1 clear upgrade every 5-10 years.

We're going to have scorpio, then what? Another half jump 2 years later? Then again? Cool, $500 consoles every 2 years. Because money grows on trees.

And these are all going to run the same games? How? Are the new consoles going to be held back? Because more powerful tech doesn't just mean higher framerate and better resolutions. It means things that can't just be scaled up and down like more complex AI. So devs have to design 2 or 3 sets of AI so their game can work across all these consoles? Or are they going to make low end AI that can work on all consoles?

I don't see how this is good for anyone but MS.

The comparisons to phones doesn't work because we don't pay $500-1000 every two years for phones . We pay the same monthly payment and get new hardware every couple years. If MS goes to a subscription based system than this is a different discussion.

You might be surprised to know just how many people pay full price for phones every two years up front and save on monthly bills, but that's beside the point. 

The Neo is 100% the exact same thing as the Scorpio, literally just less powerful. 

Also, where are you getting two years? The X1 released at the end of 2013 and the Scorpio will likely be released at the end of 2017, that's not two years btw. Not even to mention that console generations have traditionally lasted way, way shorter than that of the 360 and PS3, that long of a cycle will never happen again, technology moves too fast.

If there comes a time when a dev decides their game needs the more powerful hardware to run it than so be it, that's much better than devs being forced to only make games for the new consoles where there is much less potential for sales in the beginning. 

The AI argument doesn't make sense btw, and yes, a dev could easily just have the Scorpio version of their game run at higher framerate and resolution. No one is saying that every dev has to develop for the old consoles if they don't want to either. We don't expect devs to make all their new games run on the consoles from 3 generations ago, and we won't expect every dev to make sure all their new games run on old consoles in the future.

What we WILL expect is that for every new iteration of consoles, your gaming library, friends, and features you love will still be there. Say you buy the Scorpio or Neo, but your poor friend still only has a X1 or PS4, you could still play Rocket League together even though you have differnet consoles, only difference is you could be playing in 4k or 120fps and your friend would still be playing at 1080p 60fps or whatever. Now THAT, is pro-consumer.    

• Upvote (+1) 1

There's also been hints of fanboyism Tho. Through the entire thread

Each year this forum says msft did better than Sony. Even when Sony destroyed them with that price tag and the no drm which the xbox one had. People were still pro xbox one

Unless you were lurking for half a year, this is only the 2nd E3 that you've been on this forum for, and you're saying that people have been defending MS for years. From what I saw in the Halo community, the reason that the Halo community at large was interested in the Xbox One after E3 2013 was Halo. I don't recall what this forum specifically thought about the showings last year, but if they did speak highly of MS and we're still using articles to justify our opinions here, other sources would agree with them.

http://mashable.com/2015/06/17/e3-2015/#9U75JNgOsiqs

http://www.itworld.com/article/2936101/personal-technology/microsoft-vs-sony-who-won-day-1-of-e3-2015.html

http://www.craveonline.com/site/868089-sony-vs-microsoft-best-e3-2015-press-conference

I personally didn't care too much for either conference, and it's been months since I've used either platform, but gameplay is the most important part of gaming for me, and I found MS's conference more interesting from that standpoint. The new Zelda looked much more appealing than any of the games shown at either conference, but it's still not enough to get my to buy a new Nintendo console. I'll just stay on my PC for now.

A lot of us have acknowledged that the Xbox One is literal trash and we only own it for Halo. PS4 is better in basically all aspects right now. Moving forward it looks like hardware is shifting back heavily in favor of MS. There is no bias or fanboy at all in that.  

I've never understood why people try to pick a side in the console debate. Its clear that PC is better if you know what  you're doing and will invest some time into making sure it all runs properly. Its clear the PS4 is more powerful right now. Which exclusive titles you prefer is all subjective. Moving forward Xbox is likely going to win hardware wise and support PC gaming as well. Sony will have their exclusives. If you're just stuck on being a console person forever then you will have your pick between better hardware or different IPs. Which side of that last debate Sony and MS will occupy will likely flip flop multiple times in the coming years. In fact I wouldn't be surprised if we got Neo this holiday season and Scorpio next with Sony and MS just trading years or at least quarters back and forth at some point

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1