CyReN

E3 Discussion

Microsoft did it right, now I can only hope other devs  follow on that trail. ( Hint : Sony is a bitch and they wont)

Competition breeds better products for the consumer.

They are explicitly and significantly fostering competition. In this case, the "Xbox" brand, in the move to PC, now has to compete with a whole slew of other similar store-fronts and gaming networks of various quality provided by numerous other publishers. The big one, of course, being Steam. And, if anything, Valve has lacked much in the way of meaningful competition in that space for a good while now (aside from GOG's no-DRM angle), and Microsoft really investing (as it seems they finally are) in gaming on PC could foster greater competition between those platforms. They have a real incentive to create a good service to compete with those platforms, instead of completely half-assing like they did with GFWL.

On top of that, in providing greater freedom to potential players by allowing them to play games on a greater number platforms and with essentially any hardware they want to assemble, Microsoft are upping the ante as far as competing with Sony is concerned. Hardware sales become less of an advantage for Sony, because of the multiplatform Xbox Live population, which can greatly benefit existing Xbox One owners (the recent Rocket League update, for example). And in addition to this fact, Microsoft not-so-subtly mentioned that they are ready for cross-platform play with PSN two months ago. The ball is in Sony's court and they are under obvious pressure to compete with this. #Shotsfired #Competition

This is pretty much the most pro-consumer move a gaming company has made since Sony said "we're still doing the same shit we were doing before" to massive applause in the aftermath of the Xbox One reveal clusterfuck.
  • Upvote (+1) 4

They are explicitly and significantly fostering competition. In this case, the "Xbox" brand, in the move to PC, now has to compete with a whole slew of other similar store-fronts and gaming networks of various quality provided by numerous other publishers. The big one, of course, being Steam. And, if anything, Valve has lacked much in the way of meaningful competition in that space for a good while now (aside from GOG's no-DRM angle), and Microsoft really investing (as it seems they finally are) in gaming on PC could foster greater competition between those platforms. They have a real incentive to create a good service to compete with those platforms, instead of completely half-assing like they did with GFWL.

On top of that, in providing greater freedom to potential players by allowing them to play games on a greater number platforms and with essentially any hardware they want to assemble, Microsoft are upping the ante as far as competing with Sony is concerned. Hardware sales become less of an advantage for Sony, because of the multiplatform Xbox Live population, which can greatly benefit existing Xbox One owners (the recent Rocket League update, for example). And in addition to this fact, Microsoft not-so-subtly mentioned that they are ready for cross-platform play with PSN two months ago. The ball is in Sony's court and they are under obvious pressure to compete with this. #Shotsfired #Competition

This is pretty much the most pro-consumer move a gaming company has made since Sony said "we're still doing the same shit we were doing before" to massive applause in the aftermath of the Xbox One reveal clusterfuck.

You really get it, you'll see the same people claiming "oh why would anyone buy xbox" "MS desperate putting games on pc" crap, they just miss the point. 

@@Cooper , I've been doing a lot of research on this new God Of War. From what I've seen thus far, it's most certainly not a reboot. There's too much they're bringing over from past games in terms of events which should not exist if it was a reboot.

For example the ability "Spartan Rage", his clothing still retaining that Spartan look. The branding/logo still the same etc...

What solidifies it for me even more though is the fact he still has the scar in his stomach from when Zeus stabbed him with the blade of Olympus. Not really stuff you'd see from a reboot.

Thats what makes this direction into an RPG even weirder for me, I mean the hell, crafting and levelling, doesn't even seem to be lock on. I'm very interested to see more though now that I've cooled off with my own "rage".

On my radar for sure.

@@Cooper , I've been doing a lot of research on this new God Of War. From what I've seen thus far, it's most certainly not a reboot. There's too much they're bringing over from past games in terms of events which should not exist if it was a reboot.

For example the ability "Spartan Rage", his clothing still retaining that Spartan look. The branding/logo still the same etc...

What solidifies it for me even more though is the fact he still has the scar in his stomach from when Zeus stabbed him with the blade of Olympus. Not really stuff you'd see from a reboot.

Thats what makes this direction into an RPG even weirder for me, I mean the hell, crafting and levelling, doesn't even seem to be lock on. I'm very interested to see more though now that I've cooled off with my own "rage".

On my radar for sure.

Tbf we had 6 games where we did the same thing over and over again. The franchise became stagnant and needed a change

ReCore looks like a ton of fun and a great price point. My biggest concern is the demo looked to have a ton of auto aim

Microsoft did it right, now I can only hope other devs  follow on that trail. ( Hint : Sony is a bitch and they wont)

Huh? Playstation has more crossplay games between console and PC than Xbox does

• Upvote (+1) 1

But not crossbuy.

Not with Windows. That would make no sense. There's a ton of crossbuy games with the Vita, PS3 and PS4 though

• Upvote (+1) 1

There's a ton of crossbuy games with the Vita

Bragging about cross-buy with Vita is like bragging about cross-buy with Windows Phone. No one cares. Cross-buy with W10 is huge and a ballsy move by MS since they're well aware that this will hurt their console sales despite it being a pro-consumer move.

• Upvote (+1) 3

Not with Windows. That would make no sense. There's a ton of crossbuy games with the Vita, PS3 and PS4 though

Oh joy. They are crossbuy within their own platforms. 

The fanboyism is strong on this site

Dude....you're the only one challenging others for the sole reason of not liking what you like. When someone mentions being excited about an Xbox product and they don't even mention Sony, you're the first to come over and demand why they don't like Sony instead of Xbox games and then you go off about how Xbox games don't deserve hype. And here you are claiming someone has fanboyism for pointing out that cross-buy for PC to consoles is now a thing for Xbox. Please stop with this

• Upvote (+1) 5

Because I'm totally the one going around and claiming other peoples opinions are wrong just because they don't play on the same platform. If I'm a fanboy with anyone its Nintendo.

ReCore looks like a ton of fun and a great price point. My biggest concern is the demo looked to have a ton of auto aim

I was watching game play. Just like 30 seconds. Actually gonna look into it more. Takes.me back to when video games were puzzles/obstacles games

But I don't really really care for the art design. Make biggest issue right now is that.

I was watching game play. Just like 30 seconds. Actually gonna look into it more. Takes.me back to when video games were puzzles/obstacles games

But I don't really really care for the art design. Make biggest issue right now is that.

Its made by the people who made Metroid Prime if that makes you more interested. 

Because I'm totally the one going around and claiming other peoples opinions are wrong just because they don't play on the same platform. If I'm a fanboy with anyone its Nintendo.

No because you're praising xbox one, but when someone gives credit to sony for pushing cross platform play

In return they get a "but not CROSSBUY" well you may be right cross buy isn't something they're doing but cross play they're are very open to. Which is great for street fighter 5.

And croas buy with their vita is pretty good too

Of course they aren't going to do to cross by with msft that doesn't make any sense

But they still do it.

I've wanted to own a vita for a long time. Mostly to play old games go like final fantsy games and other ps games

Its made by the people who made Metroid Prime if that makes you more interested.

MP was a tribute to zelda games so maybe

No because you're praising xbox one, but when someone gives credit to sony for pushing cross platform play

In return they get a "but not CROSSBUY" well you may be right cross buy isn't something they're doing but cross play they're are very open to. Which is great for street fighter 5.

And croas buy with their vita is pretty good too

Of course they aren't going to do to cross by with msft that doesn't make any sense

But they still do it.

I've wanted to own a vita for a long time. Mostly to play old games go like final fantsy games and other ps games

You obviously have never seen my opinions upon 343 and Halo if you think I praise everything Xbox.

Tbh  People have diffrent ( shitty spelling sorry) tastes. it's not to you, me or someone else to judge them.

​Some found MS e3 to be great and some did not.

Dude....you're the only one challenging others for the sole reason of not liking what you like. When someone mentions being excited about an Xbox product and they don't even mention Sony, you're the first to come over and demand why they don't like Sony instead of Xbox games and then you go off about how Xbox games don't deserve hype. And here you are claiming someone has fanboyism for pointing out that cross-buy for PC to consoles is now a thing for Xbox. Please stop with this

That's not true. But okay we'll go with that. Just to save time. I'm kind of done explaining it. trust me it's not fsnboyism. I was on team 360 for most of its life til like the 2 or 3 last year's of ps3 before ps4 came out. Then after the release of both consoles I wasn't really sure anymore. But then sf5 came out and that won me over. I was gonna buy a ps4 JUST for sf5 because at that point in stopped playing my xbox one and video games in general other than sf4 on my friends 360 or on the pc

I just i like different games. I don't care about gears of War 4.it's just another shallow shooter experience for the shooter bro

That's not true. But okay we'll go with that. Just to save time. I'm kind of done explaining it trust me it's not fsnboyism. I was on team 360 for most of its life til l like he last year's of pse before ps4 cane out. Then after the release of both consoles I wasn't really sure anymore. But hen sf5 came out and that won me over. I was gonna buy a ps4 specially for sf5

I just like different games. I don't care about gears of War 4.it's just another shallow shooter experience for the shooter bro

And I find most Sony games to be walking simulators or scripted event games that lack actual gameplay. Though if someone says that they like Uncharted 4, I'm going to question why they like it and demand why they don't like Xbox games instead. Let others enjoy what they enjoy. If they're not attacking anything and only saying what they're hyped for, there's absolutely nothing wrong with that. I'm glad that you're enjoying SF5. That's cool even though I don't like fighting games. I like Gears of War and I'm excited for Gears of War 4. That's cool too.

Tbh People have diffrent ( shitty spelling sorry) tastes. it's not to you, me or someone else to judge them.

​Some found MS e3 to be great and some did not.

There's also been hints of fanboyism Tho. Through the entire thread

Each year this forum says msft did better than Sony. Even when Sony destroyed them with that price tag and the no drm which the xbox one had. People were still pro xbox one

There's also been hints of fanboyism Tho. Through the entire thread

Each year this forum says msft did better than Sony. Even when Sony destroyed them with that price tag and the no drm which the xbox one had. People were still pro xbox one

ignore them