CyReN

E3 Discussion

I think in the end it comes down to the fact that pretty much all of the games MS showed just don't personally interest me.

Gears 4, scalebound, forza, sea of thieves. Im not buying these games. Recore is a maybe.

Meanwhile the Sony games looked like games I would fucking eat up.

Zero Dawn looked incredible. Days gone, while generic still looked awesome. Detriot looks very intriguing. Last Guardian looks like something every gamer just needs to experience. I like the new direction of God of War. I flicked on the sony conference with the intent of watching it during a commercial during the basketball game. I couldn't turn it off. My jaw was on the floor.

Lmao, again with this "why would anyone buy console if you can buy PC". Reality check, people really don't buy their PS4's for exclusives, thats a side benefit.

Because we're talking about conferences here.

And MSFT just gave me more of reason to move to PC for msft titles and own a ps4 for their titles.

Says the guy that just tried to write off last guardian by calling it "basically ico".

Lol

I'm not "trying" to "write off" anything but the argument you're making. It has exactly the same art style. The graphical fidelity is frankly very similar. The premise is very similar. The gameplay concepts are extremely similar. I could go on, but way to miss the point. If you're going to talk about "new IPs," bringing up an extremely similar spiritual sequel to a developer's previous game doesn't really prove the point. It might as well be Ico 2, which is certainly exciting to fans of Ico to be sure.

What if Microsoft came out with a "new IP" Console Arena FPS without sprint, in which a genetically enhanced super soldier in powered armor and a trusty selection of gruff one-liners single-handedly tears a swathe through hordes of aliens belonging to a fanatical religious alliance of various species with a clearly defined hierarchy who worship a long extinct race of super-powerful beings and at some point accidentally release a deadly parasitic life form—quarantined on a mysterious structure created by said ancient race—that could wipe out all life in the galaxy? Thank god it's not a sequel though, right? Refreshing.

The only thing I'm really writing off is literally anything Quantic Dream shows off, because all of their "games" to date are shit.

I think in the end it comes down to the fact that pretty much all of the games MS showed just don't personally interest me.

Gears 4, scalebound, forza, sea of thieves. Im not buying these games. Recore is a maybe.

Meanwhile the Sony games looked like games I would fucking eat up.

Zero Dawn looked incredible. Days gone, while generic still looked awesome. Detriot looks very intriguing. Last Guardian looks like something every gamer just needs to experience. I like the new direction of God of War. I flicked on the sony conference with the intent of watching it during a commercial during the basketball game. I couldn't turn it off. My jaw was on the floor.

incredible, non of the sony games you mentioned do interest me the slightest, I probably wouldn't even play them if I got them for free (Days gone might be an exception here) and yet we are both here because of we both share the same interest in videogames with Halo

Because we're talking about conferences here.

And MSFT just gave me more of reason to move to PC for msft titles and own a ps4 for their titles.

Majority of people don't buy their consoles for exclusives, it's just an extra reason as you say.

Don't worry, there won't be any massive exodus of xbox players realising they could play PC.

It's a bit amusing to me that you talk about people contradicting, while supporting your argument that Sony's selection of games was "fresh" with a selection of... sequels to extremely long-running series. It's cool that you prefer Sony's selection, but the rationalizations you're coming up with for it are ridiculous. Both Sony and Microsoft had plenty of games to show off, most of which were not terribly "innovative" (a buzzword I despise).

You mentioned Days Gone? Yet another post-acocalyptic game with zombies. Yet another third person action game with a bunch of overwrought animations designed to look good and "cinematic" first and play well second (a Sony exclusive staple since the PS3). And the gameplay featured was the dude spraying randomly into a crowd of zombies while running along the very clearly scripted path that just conveniently led to a dead end JUST as he managed to kill the last of them and transition to a cut-scene. What an impressive open world! Why are you invested in pretending that anything about that is new?

Not to mention the fact that Sony has literally developed their own in-house VR crap, while Microsoft is just partnering with Oculus.

Don't talk to me like I'm not aware that the days gone game play was scripted and meant look am cinematic. Do you think that's what got me intersted?

More so the mechanics(the climbing up stuff, the shooting). They aren't just your typical slow walking zombies. They're more animal and savage like that run at you. An open world. And a possible compelling story. I doubt it'll be anything like The Last of Us story. But it seems they're going for something like that

Most of these open world survival zombie games look like mods. They way they movd, the way it''s played. This game looks well developed and hundreda of zombies running at you looks like fun.

Ever played Red Dead Remdeption: undead nightmare? I had more fun with that than I did the actual game. And when I was watching gone days. It made me think of undead nightmare. But in a modern era. I think of it almost like a sequel to it

I didn't say it needed to completely innovative either. Just not the same rehashed stuff

Msft big game was gear's at their cinference

What's different abut GoW4 than the first of Gears? Absolutely nothing

Can you notice any differences with the new god of war? Yes. I'm not saying I'm sold, but I'm interested

It's okay for a series to last a long time. Just do something different about it.

I thought mentioning s4 to sf5 and ff15 would've helped you understand, but it's clear you're not really getting it.

Do you think I care about The Order:1886? No. It was a fail. BUT it did sound intriguing at first. Which is my point.

Games like Gears of War 4 and Crackdown 3 are safe bets. But at least Crackdown 3 are doing something different.

Dead Rising 4 looks like Dead Rising 3. I actually thought it was DLC

Majority of people don't buy their consoles for exclusives, it's just an extra reason as you say.

Don't worry, there won't be any massive exodus of xbox players realising they could play PC.

But they didn't show any great games. And if they did. "Oh look at that" I can play it on pc now.

Scale bound is the only hype game. Other than that. It gets pretty averge.

The we happy owhatvwr is called is a game I'm interested because of the universe. But im not too sure I wanna spend 70 Buck on it

What's different abut GoW4 than the first of Gears? Absolutely nothing

so no change for the sake of change is a bad move?

Gears is doing a great job as far as I can tell, if you don't like the franchise, it should not change just to cater to you

• Upvote (+1) 1

incredible, non of the sony games you mentioned do interest me the slightest, I probably wouldn't even play them if I got them for free (Days gone might be an exception here) and yet we are both here because of we both share the same interest in videogames with Halo

But even those similarities are limited. Do you own halo 5? Did you watch halo 4 tournaments? And do you watch halo 5 tournaments?

But even those similarities are limited. Do you own halo 5? Did you watch halo 4 tournaments? And do you watch halo 5 tournaments?

Yes I do own Halo 5, no I did not watch H4 tournaments and I stopped watching H5 esport..Halo 5 (or Reach and 4) is just the kind of Halo I "fell in love" with

I believe when it comes to Halo, Cooper and I share a rather similar (not identical) view on Halo

Yes I do own Halo 5, no I did not watch H4 tournaments and I stopped watching H5 esport..Halo 5 (or Reach and 4) is just the kind of Halo I "fell in love" with

I believe when it comes to Halo, Cooper and I share a rather similar (not identical) view on Halo

I'm just saying tho. We share smomething common. Which is a title called halo. Why we like about halo and other shooters are different. I don't like halo 4 or halo 5. Halo:reach sucked. In retrospect h3's mechanics make it almore unpsable in terms of competitive play. Especially AR starts.

And if they did. "Oh look at that" I can play it on pc now.

OK, I'm tired of the other part of this conversation that's clearly going nowhere, but this is one thing I don't get. I've seen this sort of thing more than once in response to this direction from Xbox. Basically, people complaining that they aren't being forced to buy an Xbox One to play these games and that this is a failure on Microsoft's part. Why exactly is them announcing good games that you DON'T need to buy their proprietary hardware to play a bad thing? Have console first parties honestly convinced everyone that console exclusives benefit consumers at all? Xbox transitioning to a greater focus on selling games software over selling games hardware (at a loss) is nothing but a good thing for people who just want to play games, especially in combination with their new commitment to cross-platform play. The people who buy consoles for the convenience can still do so, while the people who only bought them because of certain games held hostage as "exclusives" no longer need to.

so no change for the sake of change is a bad move?

Gears is doing a great job as far as I can tell, if you don't like the franchise, it should not change just to cater to you

You're right. The same COD every year is the best idea ever.

How about stop making gears games and come up with something new till you find out a way to improve the gears series instead of leaving EXACTLY the same.

What they should be doing is make a gears that we can play for years so we don't have to keep buying a new one and then they can take that gears of War series and make spin offs. Different style games with the same universe

The CoD approach has been a plague to the industry

• Downvote (-1) 1

OK, I'm tired of the other part of this conversation that's clearly going nowhere, but this is one thing I don't get. I've seen this sort of thing more than once in response to this direction from Xbox. Basically, people complaining that they aren't being forced to buy an Xbox One to play these games and that this is a failure on Microsoft's part. Why exactly is them announcing good games that you DON'T need to buy their proprietary hardware to play a bad thing? Have console first parties honestly convinced everyone that console exclusives benefit consumers at all? Xbox transitioning to a greater focus on selling games software over selling games hardware (at a loss) is nothing but a good thing for people who just want to play games, especially in combination with their new commitment to cross-platform play. The people who buy consoles for the convenience can still do so, while the people who only bought them because of certain games held hostage as "exclusives" no longer need to.

Did I say there's anything wrong with that?

My problem is your giving the credit to the consoles features. Like it made the xbox better. When all it did was make it more obsolete?

For me that's a win. Now I shold probably sell me One and buy parts for my pc with that money. Problem is I have friends who are too ignorant to make the switch

I'm so happy MS announced that every exclusive from now on is gonna be playable on Windows 10, I'm gonna build a big PC next year and I'm going to say goodbye to consoles.

Sony didn't show any multiplayer exclusive that might interest me in the slightest, most of their single player games are movie-like experiences anyway. I've watched Heavy Rain, The Last of Us and Uncharted 4 on youtube and I don't feel like I'm missing out not actually playing them.

On a side note, it's ridiculous how Sony showed a game that doesn't even have an engine yet (Death Stranding). When is it supposed to come out? 2019?

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Legend of Zelda Breath of the Wild is blowing me away right now

I'm so happy MS announced that every exclusive from now on is gonna be playable on Windows 10, I'm gonna build a big PC next year and I'm going to say goodbye to consoles.

Sony didn't show any multiplayer exclusive that might interest me in the slightest, most of their single player games are movie-like experiences anyway. I've watched Heavy Rain, The Last of Us and Uncharted 4 on youtube and I don't feel like I'm missing out not actually playing them.

On a side note, it's ridiculous how Sony showed a game that doesn't even have an engine yet (Death Stranding). When is it supposed to come out? 2019?

Your thoughts betray you.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Sony's conference was beyond boring to me. Nothing but SP games that hold your hand. At least MS is innovating and bringing gaming forward with crossplay, the whole play anywhere initiative, and a new console that is severely needed. Gaming is being held back so much right now due to the low performing consoles. 

The fact that moving forward the Xbox will be a platform that doesn't require a separate development process for the new console and those that choose to buy the new system will enjoy games at much higher fidelity and framerate. Fucking finally MS. 

How about stop making gears games and come up with something new till you find out a way to improve the gears series instead of leaving EXACTLY the same.

What they should be doing is make a gears that we can play for years so we don't have to keep buying a new one and then they can take that gears of War series and make spin offs. Different style games with the same universe

What are you even talking about.

The last gears mainline game came out 5 years ago? And the one which changed a lot was garbage.

Jesus "stop making gears games" like it's some yearly franchise. What's next "stop making uncharted games"?

• Upvote (+1) 2

Well if you want to have a "universal" gears game to play for years, there has to be a Gears game in the first place. Gears 4 is the first Gears game since 2011 and the first on XBO (not counting remasters here..) I really don't see it following CoD here.

Did I say there's anything wrong with that?

My problem is your giving the credit to the consoles features. Like it made the xbox better. When all it did was make it more obsolete?

For me that's a win. Now I shold probably sell me One and buy parts for my pc with that money. Problem is I have friends who are too ignorant to make the switch

The way you phrased the exact quote I pulled pretty clearly inferred in context that not being an exclusive intended only to sell Xbox systems was a failing in some way for their conference. This is extremely reminiscent of the general trend for MS that if it's a "true exclusive," people complain that it isn't on PC and if it's also on PC "lol. It's not even a real exclusive! There's no reason to even buy an Xbox!" If that wasn't what you meant, then I guess maybe don't reference it to invalidate any good games they showed off from the assertion that their conference had nothing worthwhile?

But they didn't show any great games. And if they did. "Oh look at that" I can play it on pc now.

How does this not suggest "They didn't show anything I personally like, except for all of the stuff that doesn't count because it's on PC?" Some consistency would be nice.

What console features am I giving credit to, exactly? It inherently made the system better for people who own it, because there will be more games on it. The core console audience (i.e. your "ignorant" friends) is not people who primarily play on PC and buy consoles just for a few exclusives. This conference was a win for BOTH of those audiences as a direct result of the "Play Anywhere" stuff. It's a pretty big deal.

Halo changes "MAN WHAT THE HELL ARE YOU CHANGING STUFF FOR THE FOR WORKS FUCK OFF"

Gears stays true "MAN WHAT THE HELL IT'S THE SAME GAME STOP RELEASING GEARS"

God of War changes totally "wow this looks amazing, really well done and beautiful can't wait"

• Upvote (+1) 1

The way you phrased the exact quote I pulled pretty clearly inferred in context that not being an exclusive intended only to sell Xbox systems was a failing in some way for their conference. This is extremely reminiscent of the general trend for MS that if it's a "true exclusive," people complain that it isn't on PC and if it's also on PC "lol. It's not even a real exclusive! There's no reason to even buy an Xbox!" If that wasn't what you meant, then I guess maybe don't reference it to invalidate any good games they showed off from the assertion that their conference had nothing worthwhile?

How does this not suggest "They didn't show anything I personally like, except for all of the stuff that doesn't count because it's on PC?" Some consistency would be nice.

What console features am I giving credit to, exactly? It inherently made the system better for people who own it, because there will be more games on it. The core console audience (i.e. your "ignorant" friends) is not people who primarily play on PC and buy consoles just for a few exclusives. This conference was a win for BOTH of those audiences as a direct result of the "Play Anywhere" stuff. It's a pretty big deal.

Because they actually didn't show any games I cared about that are exclusive to msft. All the best games are 3rd party usually anyways

Hoover Sony did a compelling job that their exclusive titles are up there as well

Halo changes "MAN WHAT THE HELL ARE YOU CHANGING STUFF FOR THE FOR WORKS FUCK OFF"

Gears stays true "MAN WHAT THE HELL IT'S THE SAME GAME STOP RELEASING GEARS"

God of War changes totally "wow this looks amazing, really well done and beautiful can't wait"

• Downvote (-1) 1