CyReN

E3 Discussion

I'm going to have to give Microsoft the gold medal simply because of Xbox Play Anywhere. Gears of War 4, Forza Horizon 3, Halo Wars 2, and Sea of Thieves all having Xbox Play Anywhere is a dream come true. With this trend, it's not far-fetched at all to assume that Halo 6 will follow this lead. Microsoft has finally embraced PC gaming and it's fucking wonderful!

• Upvote (+1) 5

Insomniac games working on a spiderman game wasn't expected. Maybe we'll actually get a good spiderman game. Last decent spiderman game I played was ultimate spiderman and spiderman 2

Horizon surprised me. It actually looks really good

Like the new look to God Of War. Not sure if I'd buy it tho

Loved heavy rain so detroit looks interesting

Not sure what to think about Kojima's game

Is gone days supposed to be he next the last of us

I doubt The Last Guardian is going to live up to the hype, buts it's Team ICO

Last decent Spider-man game we got was Spider-man 2, but after that the games got worse and worse.

Last decent Spider-man game we got was Spider-man 2, but after that the games got worse and worse.

You didn't like ultimate spider man? Where you also get to play as venom?

You didn't like ultimate spider man? Where you also get to play as venom?

No i didn't play it because i got burned by Activision's low budget games lol

Something From Software

No Man's Sky

KH3

The Last Guardian(Shadow of the Colossus is one of my favourite games of all time)

Hopefully they show off ROUTINE from Lunar Software

More street fighter news?

A better ff15 demo/game play

They already showed bf1

A new fighting game? Like persona 5 (is it supposed to be another fighting game?)

And Nintendo to show off what they do best

So nintendo basically copying and pastomg what they've done since the 90s is something new and fresh?

Street fighter, persona, battlefield, KH and FF are all new and fresh?

I cant believe you tried to compare halo wars to SC and age of empires. Halo wars isnt trying the hard core RTS fans becuase its so difficult to make a really good one on a console and halo wars probably did it the best.

Mhmm?????

Nothing will stop sony from dominating this gen. Its a repeat of last gen when sony fucked up at the beginning and couldnt catch up. Microsoft is making great strides since Phil took over.

So nintendo basically copying and pastomg what they've done since the 90s is something new and fresh?

Street fighter, persona, battlefield, KH and FF are all new and fresh?

I cant believe you tried to compare halo wars to SC and age of empires. Halo wars isnt trying the hard core RTS fans becuase its so difficult to make a really good one on a console and halo wars probably did it the best.

Mhmm?????

Nothing will stop sony from dominating this gen. Its a repeat of last gen when sony fucked up at the beginning and couldnt catch up. Microsoft is making great strides since Phil took over.

Last time I checked FF15 was completely different from any other FF.

Each Persona has been different..

It's like you just ignored everything I said

I didn't "try" comparing. Halo Wars is an RTS. And if I wanna play an RTS I'd rather play SC2. Which I already.

You guys are talking to me like these games are free

No i didn't play it because i got burned by Activision's low budget games lol

It was pretty good. The last good spiderman man game. I think spiderman 2 was better tho. More stuff to do. But ult spiderman was dope too. You played as both spiderman and venom

Last time I checked FF15 was completely different from any other FF.

Each Persona has been different..

It's like you just ignored everything I said

I didn't "try" comparing. Halo Wars is an RTS. And if I wanna play an RTS I'd rather play SC2. Which I already.

You guys are talking to me like these games are free

All Im pointing out is you said gears is rehashed over and over but what major franchise that has over 3 entries isnt though? Theres so few new IPs that truly reinvent the wheel nowadays.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Sony had a good conference, but so did MS. Not really understanding the MS hate at all. I've said this multiple times but they showed a lot of games, new hardware, new MP centric features for XBL (including a tournament application), PC support for their exclusives which opens up a huge new player base to XBL with crossplay. Plus everything is backwards compatible on Xbox from now on including accessories, and games. MS still has 3 brand new exclusive IPs that are announced but not released, it was unrealistic to expect them to come out and announce a ton of new IPs when they still have a bunch in the pipeline, including new entries in major franchises like Halo, Forza, Gears, Crackdown, Dead Rising, etc.

We are going to see more from MS at Gamescom as well, they usually put on a solid show in Germany. In fact HW2 was revealed there last year.

I don't care if you think Sony had a better conference, it was solid for sure, but IDK what people expected from MS. We have people saying it was the worst conference they have ever seen... LMAO. Like seriously, your blind hate/fanboyism is amazingly obvious. 

Maybe my POV is skewed a bit considering I have a solid PC (still plan on picking up both new consoles from MS)

All the of conferences were mediocre to me. Pretty salty there was no Red Dead. 

I doubt Nintendo's is going to be worth waking up early for either.

All Im pointing out is you said gears is rehashed over and over but what major franchise that has over 3 entries isnt though? Theres so few new IPs that truly reinvent the wheel nowadays.

Because it is rehashed game.play. then you tried using final fantasy as an example. Last time.I checked ff15 is nothing g like any of the other final fantasy games.

Where as gear of war 4 is exactly like the last 4 gears of War games

You don't have reinvent the wheel, just change up the game play. Doesn't gotta be the same thing over and over again.

SF5 is similar to SF4, but at the same time they're 2 different fighting games wit different elements.

FF 12 13 and 15 are different from each other and the other final fantasies

But GoW 1-4 are basically the same.thing. .they didn't add anything new except eapons and way to execute enemies which is a gimmicks. Doesn't change the game in anyway

All the of conferences were mediocre to me. Pretty salty there was no Red Dead. 

I doubt Nintendo's is going to be worth waking up early for either.

Sony seemed like the only one that stood out.

Sony seemed like the only one that stood out.

please enlighten me, what did I miss, from what I#ve been reading in several articles not much but that might as well be the authors (wrong?) impression

The only thing that I liked about Microsoft's press conference was "We Happy Few", very interesting game. I love that Crash Bandicoot is coming back but I was always a bigger Spyro fan. Nintendo hopefully does well because last year was lackluster. 

I thought Nintendo already confirmed the only game they'd have/focus on is Zelda this year in some kind of weird E3 strat since they change how they do it every year.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Ubisoft's E3 stood out the most because they spent half the time going "We turned 30 this year!".

The good things for me:

EA announced EA Originals+Fe & showed Battlefield 1, Titanfall 2 & some Mass Effect stuff.

Bethesda re-announced a new Prey.

Microsoft showed Recore, Scalebound, We Happy Few gameplay and announced State of Decay 2, Forza Horizon 3 & Dead Rising 4. Also, after this summer, if you're in a country with English not being the primary language(like Sweden), you will FINALLY be able to have English on your XBONE. Also; Scorpio is a monster. Doubt Neo will be more or as powerful.

PC Gaming Show showed Halo Wars 2 gameplay(first mission only though), a poor man's Dark Souls sci-fi, a No Man's Sky clone(which looks pretty good), a ghostbusters VR set, Observer looked ok & Deus Ex gameplay which I won't watch because I want to experience it first hand.

Ubisoft showed South Park: The Fractured but Whole, For Honor sadly looked pretty dull. The Star Trek game would probably get me hype if I was a Star Trek fan.

Sony announced a Spidey game. Days Gone & Death Stranding could be good? They showed Horizon gameplay.

And then Nintendo will be in their treehouse playing Zelda.

For a super rough comparison Neo will supposedly have something like 4-4.5 T Flops to Scorpio's 6. Not that that is a super good metric to compare things, especially being consoles, but that does put it significantly behind Scorpio where the memory bandwidth will also be significantly lower on Neo at 218 gb/s vs Scorpio at 320 gb/s. Scorpio is basically going to destroy any thoughts that anyone has about PS4 being superior graphically unless the rumored Neo specs are very far off the mark. Its going to crush 

For a super rough comparison Neo will supposedly have something like 4-4.5 T Flops to Scorpio's 6. Not that that is a super good metric to compare things, especially being consoles, but that does put it significantly behind Scorpio where the memory bandwidth will also be significantly lower on Neo at 218 gb/s vs Scorpio at 320 gb/s. Scorpio is basically going to destroy any thoughts that anyone has about PS4 being superior graphically unless the rumored Neo specs are very far off the mark. Its going to crush

Could be the reason they didn't show it at E3?

They not even mention it till playststion experience

Ps4 is in control here. Even if it was released after project scorpio. If fans know it's come out. They'll wait. Since the majority own ps4s

Its likely coming out much earlier than Scorpio rather than later. They might have just decided to go back to the drawing board after seeing Scorpio though. MS typically would have waited nearly a year from now to announce Scorpio so people are speculating they announced it much earlier because Neo will be released sometime this year or early next year so for a time Xbox will be very far behind.

I'm going to have to give Microsoft the gold medal simply because of Xbox Play Anywhere. Gears of War 4, Forza Horizon 3, Halo Wars 2, and Sea of Thieves all having Xbox Play Anywhere is a dream come true. With this trend, it's not far-fetched at all to assume that Halo 6 will follow this lead. Microsoft has finally embraced PC gaming and it's fucking wonderful!

the play anywhere sounds good on paper... but in reality... people will still need a decent pc to run these games, to me it seems this is a way for xbox to compete with steam or with already dedicated pc gamers and not a way to tell console gamers to swutch over to pc. but at the same time, i thi k it's misleadi g to say play anywhere... when and if a console gamer does use pc abd decides to fire up a play anywhere game and finds out his rig can't handle the game... then that defeats the purpose of it dont you think?

i like the idea of options, but im a pc gamer and console gamer... i know what it takes to run pc games.

im still unclewr on this play anywhere... is this going to be for all xbox games going fwd or is it a dev choice to make their game have this feature? or is it for exclusives only?

the play anywhere sounds good on paper... but in reality... people will still need a decent pc to run these games, to me it seems this is a way for xbox to compete with steam or with already dedicated pc gamers and not a way to tell console gamers to swutch over to pc. but at the same time, i thi k it's misleadi g to say play anywhere... when and if a console gamer does use pc abd decides to fire up a play anywhere game and finds out his rig can't handle the game... then that defeats the purpose of it dont you think?

i like the idea of options, but im a pc gamer and console gamer... i know what it takes to run pc games.

im still unclewr on this play anywhere... is this going to be for all xbox games going fwd or is it a dev choice to make their game have this feature? or is it for exclusives only?

If I had to take a swing at guessing about play anywhere I would say that exclusives that don't support it will be the exception and any game released on PC and XB1 will have the consent of MS to combine the populations with some type of regulation but it won't be required. You're right that this isn't something meant to convince gamers to join the master race but it could have that side effect on some. Its a play at taking over a larger share of gaming in general and it has the added benefit of being a really cool addition for anyone that owns both already. Basically they're just increasing their hold on gaming as well as producing good PR at the same time. The Xbox/MS brand just looks more appealing now from any angle. Along with Scorpio likely becoming easily the most powerful gaming console they're pushing to become something much larger than Sony as far as gaming. People that said the MS conference was boring are really missing the writing on the wall

haha, nvm, found my answers: http://www.xbox.com/en-US/games/xbox-play-anywhere?xr=shellnav

note:

digital only

must be marked that its xbox anywhere (so this means not all games will do this)

still unclear how pc controls are going to handle a game made for both companies nsole and pc.

good concept though.

I don't understand your concern? Of course it's gong to require high-end PC's to run games like Gears of War 4 and Forza Horizon 3 at max specs, just like the Battlefield series. If you don't have a high-end PC, it will have lower graphics, just like every other game out there. The Xbox One of course won't look as good as a PC running a GTX 1070. I don't see the issue?

And of course they're doing this to compete with Steam, what's wrong with that? "when and if a console gamer does use pc abd decides to fire up a play anywhere game and finds out his rig can't handle the game." Then go back to his console? That's the whole point. I don't understand your issue? I really don't. This concept was made for people who either have a gaming PC and not an Xbox One or people who do have an Xbox One and will eventually buy a gaming PC and they will still have all their game/game saves available to play on their gaming PC. This is not made for people who have an Xbox One and a shitty PC and that was never implied.

If I had to take a swing at guessing about play anywhere I would say that exclusives that don't support it will be the exception and any game released on PC and XB1 will have the consent of MS to combine the populations with some type of regulation but it won't be required. You're right that this isn't something meant to convince gamers to join the master race but it could have that side effect on some. Its a play at taking over a larger share of gaming in general and it has the added benefit of being a really cool addition for anyone that owns both already. Basically they're just increasing their hold on gaming as well as producing good PR at the same time. The Xbox/MS brand just looks more appealing now from any angle. Along with Scorpio likely becoming easily the most powerful gaming console they're pushing to become something much larger than Sony as far as gaming. People that said the MS conference was boring are really missing the writing on the wall

I'm missibg all the games...

Price tag of project Scorpio

the play anywhere isn't actually that appealing from the sound of it. Unless that means I can give those game to my friend(s)

yeah it's nice you don't have to rebuy it for PC, but I also don't really care about owning it on both.. I'm not gonna beat an sp game then want to replay it on PC later and vice versa

it's a nice feature since it's free, but it's also redundant so I don't get the big deal.

If it's meant to compete with steam. While it's competition is good for the consumer and steam already shits all over xbox with it's sales so let's else steam will come up with

The only thing that's exciting is hearing about the new console, but the hype could easily be killed by the price