Automaton

Spring Showdown Bracket, Schedule, Reporting, and more!

IQpUcjG.png

Welcome to the Beyond Spring Showdown Tournament!
This thread will be used to report scores, schedule matches, and handle disputes.

FINAL PLACINGS:
  • 1st: Gunplex
  • 2nd: Dramis
  • 3rd: Very Nerdy
  • 4th: Kutthroat

PRIZE POOL: 
  • 1st: Polk Melee Headset, FOTUS Armor, Arctic BR, Deadeye Helmet unlocked, Titanfall Prima Guide (Digital)
  • 2nd: Halo: The Art of Building Worlds (signed by 343 Industries) and Arctic BR skin
  • 3rd: Forward Unto Dawn on Blu-ray (signed by 343 Industries)

BRACKET:

The bracket for the Spring Showdown can be found here. If you have trouble finding a specific player, hit CTRL + F and type in the player's gamertag that you're looking for.

Once you find your opponent, be sure to send a friend request, message, or invite before you play!

DISPUTES:
We will be using the Halo GameBattles dispute policies so please refer to this link for more information on disputes and cheating. Please note that all disputes will be handled by Beyond Entertainment staff and the results of those decisions will be final. If you are caught cheating you will be permanently banned from the website and forum until the end of time.

The settings and maps listed below must be used for tournament play and cannot be edited.

Halo 4 Global Championship 1v1 gametype.

• Game 1: Haven
  • Game 2: Skyline
  • Game 3: Onyx

REPORTING SCORES:
Both teams must report their scores after their round is complete. Please copy and paste the example below, fill out the information, and post it in this thread. It is highly recommended that you link your post game stats from the Halo Waypoint website. This will make verifying the results easy for Beyond staff and it will also avoid any conflicting reports from players. Any disputes should also be backed up with video evidence to your fileshare for review by Beyond staff.

Player Name: TeamBeyond
Winner: TeamBeyond
Round Number: Round 3
Score: 2 - 0 (Best of 3 games)
Halo Waypoint Link:

SCHEDULE: 
There will be a 45 minute gap between each round. If everything runs smoothly, the tournament should end around 8:00 PM EST.

Please note that the Beyond staff reserve the right to disqualify any player that don't show up or delay the tournament.

VIDEO & WRITTEN CONTENT:
If you're interested in being featured on our front page or on our YouTube channel, be sure to save your best clips and films! We plan on posting the best gameplay, clips, interviews, and more within our network.
  • Upvote (+1) 7

As always, if you guys have any questions or need any help, feel free to PM me or contact me on Twitter at @xClicked!

Good luck and have fun!

• Upvote (+1) 4

I've been getting a lot of PMs and Tweets from people regarding the bracket so I just wanted to make this clear.

Due to the huge amount of support from 343 Industries and the Halo community, we received nearly 800 signups! Unfortunately, we could only fit 128 people into our tournament. On Thursday, we hosted a "check-in" thread to give everyone that registered in the original thread a fair chance to secure their spot while filtering out any players that wouldn't show up.The check-in thread was a first come, first serve system for the first 128 players that registered and checked in. Anyone that didn't post in the original sign up thread were put on a waiting list instead. Now that the bracket is full of verified players, the bracket has been locked.

Rest assured, there will be plenty more tournaments after the Spring Showdown. I sincerely apologize for the inconvenience and next time, we'll be more prepared for a large influx of competitors!

If you guys have any questions, feel free to message me at any time.

• Upvote (+1) 3

I made a profile I posted my gamer tag now I'm not in the bracket this is not right

http://teambeyond.net/forum/index.php?/topic/5306-spring-showdown-bracket-schedule-reporting-and-more/&do=findComment&comment=185622

I've been getting a lot of PMs and Tweets from people regarding the bracket so I just wanted to make this clear.

Due to the huge amount of support from 343 Industries and the Halo community, we received nearly 800 signups! Unfortunately, we could only fit 128 people into our tournament. On Thursday, we hosted a "check-in" thread to give everyone that registered in the original thread a fair chance to secure their spot while filtering out any players that wouldn't show up.The check-in thread was a first come, first serve system for the first 128 players that registered and checked in. Anyone that didn't post in the original sign up thread were put on a waiting list instead. Now that the bracket is full of verified players, the bracket has been locked.

Rest assured, there will be plenty more tournaments after the Spring Showdown. I sincerely apologize for the inconvenience and next time, we'll be more prepared for a large influx of competitors!

If you guys have any questions, feel free to message me at any time.

It is highly recommended that you link your post game stats from the Halo Waypoint website. How do I do this?

Go to the Halo Waypoint website and sign into your Xbox Live account in the top right corner. From there, go to the Halo 4 section at the top of the screen, go to your recent games, and then find your match. Copy and paste the URL into your post and you're all set!

• Upvote (+1) 4

Who do you think will be this Spring Showdown's Top 3 finalist? Place your bets now haha :)

Post your streams from twitch.tv to this thread so people have an idea of who's streaming if they are interested in watching the 1v1 tournament live. Good luck to all!

• Upvote (+1) 1

I will be hiding all of the posts in this thread at 2:30 to prepare for the tournament. Please only report the scores or disputes of your matches after. Thanks!

• Upvote (+1) 1

Unfortunately, I cannot compete today. Sorry something important just came up. I'll be sure to have a clear schedule next time. Good luck to everyone in the tournament!

• Upvote (+1) 1

How long should we wait to say the player is a no-show?

For every 5 minutes the opponent delays the match after the scheduled time, they will forfeit one game. If they don't show up for 10 minutes, they will be disqualified.

Keep in mind that some matches may take longer than others so please note that all disputes will be handled by Beyond Entertainment staff and the results of those decisions will be final.

Since this is Single Elimination if my opponent isn't here at 3:05 EST I win my round? 

You win the first game of your round. Not the whole match. If your opponent doesn't show up for a total of ten minutes, then they lose 2 games which means you won the best of 3 series and move on to the next round.

How do we pick which maps to play? Mutual consent? 

You must play these maps in order.

Game 1: Haven
Game 2: Skyline
Game 3: Onyx

Was the selection of players random? Because I checked in before my 4s teammate and he's in the tourney. I'm not on

the bracket.