Abacoot

Best Sniper in the History of Halo

Halo 2:Ive only seen a few tournaments, but Gandhi or Walshy

HAlo 3: Snipedown hands down. there are several others id put up near him, but he is a standalone in the late Halo 2, all Halo 3 and some Reach eras

Halo Reach: Justin Deese or...Royal 2?   :kappa:  Or Formal because everyone else is saying it

Halo 4: Formal.

Overall...Snipedown. He was my favorite pro until Pistola came along, but both are incredibly entertaining.

The most dominant sniper in all of Halo is Formal, this isn't even a contest. Formal may not have played in all those other games, but Formal impacted the game more than any other player did when he had the sniper.

The most dominant sniper in all of Halo is Formal, this isn't even a contest. Formal may not have played in all those other games, but Formal impacted the game more than any other player did when he had the sniper.

Considering H2+H3 had the most "sniper maps" in the series, I would say this is false. You dont think the Ogres, Snipedown, Neighbor, Gandhi, or even Hysteria ever had the impact of Formal(with more championships)?

• Upvote (+1) 2

Considering H2+H3 had the most "sniper maps" in the series, I would say this is false.

lol you can say whatever you want as long as your little heart desires, but I will take mine + other pro players opinions over yours any day.

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 11

I would probably go with Snip3down as overall best sniper, But 3 players who had some ridiculous shots when needed were Legit, Elamite and Pistola.

lol you can say whatever you want as long as your little heart desires, but I will take mine + other pro players opinions over yours any day.

Which pro players do you speak of? Formal may be the best currently(even though he's in CoD now?), but lets not be prisoner of the moment. Fine to have your own opinion, but I find it ridiculous you said it so definitively.

Overall, Snipedown, without question. 

From what I read, it seems that a lot are picking Formal or Snipedown. Just to throw my two cents in comparing the two- I believe this quote can be found in a Gandhi's Thoughts video featuring Heinz(who was teaming with both at the time). Anyway, he said, to start the game Formal got the Sniper. However, if there wasn't much time left or only a few kills to win, if a Sniper spawned, Snipedown was getting it every time. 

To me, that says it all, and the reason I pick Snipedown. 

• Upvote (+1) 1

Halo CE/2: Ogre 1

Halo 3: Snipedown/Hysteria/Neighbor

Halo Reach/4: Formal

• Upvote (+1) 1

I would honestly have to say Hyena AKA The Lightning Snipe.  Has some of the nastiest clips that I have ever seen due to his INSANELY fast shot.  If you want to see some of what he has watch this video:

All of this was edited bu himself, I believe.  Amazing clips in this montage.
  • Upvote (+1) 3

Bestman :kappa: But he really was good in Halo 3, I'll link his best shot, imo, later

5:37

Now I know where those commentary sound effects came from in Best Man's montage.

• Upvote (+1) 2

h1- ogres

h2 - ogres/killer n/ gandhi

h3 - snip3down/fis

reach - formal/royal 2

h4 - formal/snip3down

I would honestly have to say Hyena AKA The Lightning Snipe.  Has some of the nastiest clips that I have ever seen due to his INSANELY fast shot.  If you want to see some of what he has watch this video:

Some nasty gameplay.

Honestly don't get how he's able to pull off snipes on the players in vehicles so cleanly.

So as far as pros go it's up for debate....

Best sniper I've ever played against online was some dude named darkestmars in H2.  The fact that I remember his name after all these years is a testament to the smack down he laid against my friends and I not once but twice.  The first match we played was a slaughter.  Once he had the snipe you couldn't move around the map.  It was headshot after headshot after headshot.  A few weeks later we matched him again and thought it was possibly just a good game for him... we were wrong.  The same crap happened.  Literally could not move around the map.  It's been 9-10years since those games but I will always remember that dude.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Best two from each game in my opinion:

CE: Ogres

2: Ogre 2 / Gandhi

3: Snipedown / FearItself

Reach: Formal / Royal 2

4: Formal / Snipedown (but who really cares about H4?)

Overall I'd say Snipedown was the most dominant overall.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Ignoring game sense/decision making and going on pure aim, this