Abacoot

Best Sniper in the History of Halo

If were talking just pure rape with the sniper, I have to say Dutchy's final H3 tage left a lasting impression on me. 

• Upvote (+1) 1

I agree with what you said, but in Halo: Reach, I'd replace Ninja for his 1v1 snipes with LiL Talent aka Contra (The kid who got into the finals of H4GC). Go on YouTube and watch Contra vs Floyd 1v1. The person he is playing against is extremely good at 1v1s but he just wasn't missing.

But Kampy is my #1 GOAT Halo sniper.

• Upvote (+1) 1

I would say Snip3down. The Halo 3 sniper was the most difficult to use in my opinion, and he was the best sniper in Halo 3. He was also good in Reach, and very good in Halo 4, so I wouldn't exactly say he was inconsistent. If you were to break it down per game though: 

H2: Walshy maybe?

H3: Snip3down

Halo:Reach: Formal

H4: Snip3down/Formal 

Honourable mentions: Neighbor in Halo 3. Loved watching him, never quite as consistent as Snip3down but his best plays were as good as Eric's. FiS, Cloud, Pistola, Legit, Hysteria, Best Man, Walshy, Ogre twins in H2, Enable.

If you're looking at non-competitive snipers, this Hyena dude looks bloody ridiculous, hadn't even heard of him till now, but those snipes are nasty. Phurion was always one of my favourite montage makers, but Kampy was always the better sniper. Dutchy was also ridiculous. 

• Upvote (+1) 2

All of the all time greats have been mentioned. But I'll give Lxthul a honorable mention for his sniper in Reach. The Avengers dualtage of him and Formal is probably the most memorable Reach montage. It would have been interesting to see if he would have emerged as one of the great snipers if Halo 4 meant anything and it was harder to snipe.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Well, I have no idea. There are many awesome snipers in the history of Halo. Many of them have been mentioned already.

I will post a slightly different video from non competitive Halo but still, pretty amazing skills. Take it for what it is.

Halo 2 Jackals on Legendary

(edit sorry if someone already put this, but these guys are little fuckers.)

Jackal_Sniper.jpg

• Upvote (+1) 8

Halo 2

- Ogre 1

- Walshy

Halo 3

- Cloud 

- FearItSelf

- Neighbor

- Naded

- Snip3down

- Strongside

- Legit

Halo Reach

- Formal

- Crimsix

- Snip3down

- Blaze

- Mikwen

- Prototype

- Enable

- Legit

Halo 4

- Formal

- Snip3down

- Enable

• Upvote (+1) 1

Halo 2
Gandhi
Walshy
Neighbor
Ogre 2

Halo 3
2008: Snip3down, Neighboor
2009: Ola (best player in the game this year)
2010:FearItSelf: I don't think he got enough credit this year. Not only was he one of the best players, I think he was the best individual sniper and Ola was the best all around player.

Honorable Mention for Halo 3- All of these guys were dirty in their own right.
Tizoxic
BesTMan
Enable
Assault
Ace

Cloud
Naded
Strongside
Clutch (underrated)
KillerDrew
Roy (played on  2 sens lol)

Halo Reach

Royal 2: At the end  of Halo Reacch other  than Formal, Royal 2 was the best individually skilled player imo
Formal
Ninja

Halo 4

Pretty much anyone and everyone, but Formal is a safe pick.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Halo 1, 2, and Reach I really don't know much about...

I do know in Reach that Roy and Formal were good.

For Halo 3, it has to be Snip3down and Neighbor, those 2 both went off when they were on Str8. 

For Halo 4, again, Snip3down and also Formal. Then of course, those random Throwdown kids that didn't miss a shot. My friend Dsyded, Decidid, or Inias was on of those kids, he was disgusting.

Overall, being a Halo 3 kid, I wanna say Snip3down was the best, but Formal went off for the past couple of years...

H1: Ogre 1

H2: Gandhi/Naded

H3: Snipedown/Cloud

HR: Snipedown/Neighbor/Formal

H4: Snipedown/Formal

Probably Snipedown if I were to do an overall. Not necessarily because he is flashy, but because he is good at positioning himself in a way that he can get the shots he needs. When he has a sniper it he creates an anchor around which his entire team can feel safe and make the movements they need to.

Mine in left to right order:

H1: Ogre Twins

H2: Gandhi, Walshy, Ogre 2, Ogre 1

H3: Snip3down, FiS, Neighbor, Ace, Naded, Royal 2 (Cloud for Octagon)

Reach: Formal, Ninja, Snip3down, Royal 2

H4: Formal, Snip3down, Ninja, Naded

• Upvote (+1) 1

Snipedown in H3, maybe even Reach. In H2 I'll go for Mister Montage himself, Phurion. He was the sickest of all.

• Upvote (+1) 2

This is wayyyyyy too hard to decide. In my opinion you should have maybe made the topic... "The Best Sniper In Clutch Situations"

When it comes down to it there have been plenty of great snipers who have shown how good they are online or at tournaments but I feel like the "Best" snipers shine when they have to go big for their team. Not everyone can handle that kind of pressure when it comes to sniping.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Cloud and Snip3down in Halo 3. Cloud was the most underrated player in H3 imo.

• Upvote (+1) 1

This is wayyyyyy too hard to decide. In my opinion you should have maybe made the topic... "The Best Sniper In Clutch Situations"

When it comes down to it there have been plenty of great snipers who have shown how good they are online or at tournaments but I feel like the "Best" snipers shine when they have to go big for their team. Not everyone can handle that kind of pressure when it comes to sniping.

Point taken. But I didn't wanna leave out anyone like Kampy or any other sniper pub-stomper.  :bravo: