Sign in to follow this  
S0UL FLAME

Designing default settings for Halo 5's standard Gametypes.

28 members have voted

1. 1. What do you think?

• Like it
    • Like some of it
    • Do not like

When did I say otherwise?

What I listed wasnt problems, its my counter to you have the same rifle kill time but with less aim assist. If the CE pistol was a 6sk, it would be a terrible game and slow as fuck.

Would you prefer the kill-time being faster along with the Aim Assist change? The AR and Magnum secondaries, along with some of the other weapons in the sandbox, would become obsolete if a player took enough time to master the BR or Carbine w/ 1.2 seconds or less KT. It gives the rest of the guns a chance to fight back with the KT proposed in my opinionated settings.

Otherwise, we'd have to make the rest of the sandbox have their KTs shortened to compensate.

Would you prefer the kill-time being faster along with the Aim Assist change? The AR and Magnum secondaries, along with some of the other weapons in the sandbox, would become obsolete if a player took enough time to master the BR or Carbine w/ 1.2 seconds or less KT. It gives the rest of the guns a chance to fight back with the KT proposed in my opinionated settings.

Otherwise, we'd have to make the rest of the sandbox have their KTs shortened to compensate.

CE

• Upvote (+1) 1

these H5 settings/gametypes threads will be irrelevant in a few weeks...Also, I think we should wait to have some idea of how H5 plays and the gametypes/settings to have a better idea of what to tweak...

• Upvote (+1) 2

Good point. Would you like to give your opinion on what the KTs for the rifles should be?

1.1/1.2

Best counter-argument ever

He thinks a quick rifle will make the sandbox obsolete, CE is proof we can have such a thing

• Upvote (+1) 1

He thinks a quick rifle will make the sandbox obsolete, CE is proof we can have such a thing

I don't disagree. Ever since CoD became popular, people's conceptions of sandbox balancing have been limited to killtimes and aim assist. Each weapon should have a different purpose and a unique skill curve. CE and Quake are good examples of properly balanced sandboxes.

Alright, so suppose The BR is 1.2, and the Carbine is 1.1. I suppose the DMR can be 1.3, Unscoped LR 1.4, and Scoped In LR 0.9. Super responsive strafe, quick movement, reduced Aim Assist, and no spread or bloom at all.

That sounds pretty neat. Good work Doju. :P

But Armor Abilities as pickups is still something I want to keep, because only having Power Weapons and Power-Ups has gotten a tad stale. MLG had it right for them to be pickups in Reach, so we would have to tweak them to accommodate the KTs.

Here is my list of Armor Abilities.

Thruster Pack: Increased velocity to make crazy plays, reach a ledge, zoom over an enemy, etc.

Jump Jets: Lets you pop a jump that's twice as high as a spartan leap. On the ground or mid-air.

Hardlight Shield: Basically the same as it is in Halo 4.

Hologram: Make it move more like a good player would when activated.

Regen Field: Shields regenerate slightly faster because of the quicker KTs.

Sentry Turret: Extra health, extra damage.

All of these are Pickups by the way. You don't spawn with them.

These sound good Soul Flame, but if Jetpack is on-map pickup, does it need to be nerfed so much? Assuming it's put in the right places, a Reach-like JP would be fine IMHO.

Also, what about replacing Sprint with combat rolls? Maybe not as powerful as Evade, but it would be cool as something that you always have (like sprint in H4), without the disadvantages of H4 Sprint.

Alright, so suppose The BR is 1.2, and the Carbine is 1.1. I suppose the DMR can be 1.3, Unscoped LR 1.4, and Scoped In LR 0.9. Super responsive strafe, quick movement, reduced Aim Assist, and no spread or bloom at all.

That sounds pretty neat. Good work Doju. :P

But Armor Abilities as pickups is still something I want to keep, because only having Power Weapons and Power-Ups has gotten a tad stale. MLG had it right for them to be pickups in Reach, so we would have to tweak them to accommodate the KTs.

Here is my list of Armor Abilities.

Thruster Pack: Increased velocity to make crazy plays, reach a ledge, zoom over an enemy, etc.

Jump Jets: Lets you pop a jump that's twice as high as a spartan leap. On the ground or mid-air.

Hardlight Shield: Basically the same as it is in Halo 4.

Hologram: Make it move more like a good player would when activated.

Regen Field: Shields regenerate slightly faster because of the quicker KTs.

Sentry Turret: Extra health, extra damage.

All of these are Pickups by the way. You don't spawn with them.

Is there really a need for 4 weapons that all pretty much fill the same role?

Have a BR and DMR as a loadout option, but balance just those two to fill different roles. Something like having the DMR as a 3SK, while keeping the BR as a faster-firing 4SK to make the BR better at teamshot and cleaning up, while the DMR is just a basic single-shot weapon. Both would either have the same killtime, or the BR trailing just barely behind due to the ease of sweep shotting. Nothing big, more like the difference between 1.1 and 1.15-1.2 seconds.

If I can play it outta the box i'll be happy. Going thru days and weeks of setting discussions makes me nauseous and turns casuals off cuz they know less and less about whats different and whats going on. My friends always stayed away from the MLG playlist because of this. And frankly with Ghost working there, among other pros.....shouldn't all this work be done already? 

Is there really a need for 4 weapons that all pretty much fill the same role?

Have a BR and DMR as a loadout option, but balance just those two to fill different roles. Something like having the DMR as a 3SK, while keeping the BR as a faster-firing 4SK to make the BR better at teamshot and cleaning up, while the DMR is just a basic single-shot weapon. Both would either have the same killtime, or the BR trailing just barely behind due to the ease of sweep shotting. Nothing big, more like the difference between 1.1 and 1.15-1.2 seconds.

DMR in loadouts would be hell. Again. For it to be balanced, it would lose what it's famous for: Range. Plus, if you start taking out weapons, people will be pissed. BR & CC should be only loadout options. Same kill times and range, just preference for burst or single-shot. Maybe CC would become competitive standard  :kappa:

DMR in loadouts would be hell. Again. For it to be balanced, it would lose what it's famous for: Range. Plus, if you start taking out weapons, people will be pissed. BR & CC should be only loadout options. Same kill times and range, just preference for burst or single-shot. Maybe CC would become competitive standard  :kappa:

What says the BR can't be accurate at range, and what stops the Carbine from not being balanced for the same reason the DMR supposedly isn't?

What says the BR can't be accurate at range, and what stops the Carbine from not being balanced for the same reason the DMR supposedly isn't?

Range and use.

The Carbine is basically the counterpart of the Battle Rifle; the only difference is the fire rate, single shot, and aim assist. The DMR has a better scope, stronger bullets, and more stopping power. In Reach, it was a mess for Slayer and Big Team Battle unless you stripped away the AAs and played maps that were more suited to infantry. A weapon like that should be a second tier weapon that must be found on the map, along with the Light Rifle.

The Battle Rifle's range, even when cut short by its weaker scope, is justified because of the lack of a strong Red Redicule Range. You can pepper shots on people far away, at the cost of having to aim sharper. Spread or no spread, it's still something I would rather have than the DMR and LR being in the loadout selection.

Range and use.

The Carbine is basically the counterpart of the Battle Rifle; the only difference is the fire rate, single shot, and aim assist. The DMR has a better scope, stronger bullets, and more stopping power. In Reach, it was a mess for Slayer and Big Team Battle unless you stripped away the AAs and played maps that were more suited to infantry. A weapon like that should be a second tier weapon that must be found on the map, along with the Light Rifle.

The Battle Rifle's range, even when cut short by its weaker scope, is justified because of the lack of a strong Red Redicule Range. You can pepper shots on people far away, at the cost of having to aim sharper. Spread or no spread, it's still something I would rather have than the DMR and LR being in the loadout selection.

Who says the weapon needs to keep the 3x scope?

Who says the weapon needs to keep the 3x scope?

Then it would simply be a stronger version of the Carbine, which is not ideal. It's a fantastic weapon because of its range along with its power. Taking away one or the other makes it less of a weapon to use, or to even pick up. Plus, its range is also the reason why it is considered more suitable for long sight-lines and less capable in CQC; you would need to spend time to make it useful for any situation.

It is, quite simply, an upgrade to the BR and Carbine. It shouldn't be tampered with just for the sake of being a balanced choice for a loadout weapon. A pick-up would be more akin to keeping the hybrid arena feel Halo is known for. We don't need another Reach. Or 4.

I have a feeling 343 might get rid of the DMR and make the BR a 3 burst out of scope and a single shot in scope. I hope that isn't the case though. Would rather just have both with the DMR being an on map weapon.

I agree with most of the settings, but I would rather delete things like damage boost than try to tweak it so its ''balanced''.

I have a feeling 343 might get rid of the DMR and make the BR a 3 burst out of scope and a single shot in scope. I hope that isn't the case though. Would rather just have both with the DMR being an on map weapon.

They'd have to be pretty stupid to do that... we'd have 2 light rifles.