Moa

New Halo 3 Easter Egg found

ODST IMO was just a worse version of halo 3, at least halo wars was a different game, plus it had MP so there :P

To be honest I wish they would've remade halo 1-3 into a single game ala an ultimate edition, now THAT would've been the bomb :)

heh okay. I enjoyed ODST for its alternate exploration of a Halo game and its setting. But its easy to get bored in because there wasnt a ton of exploration in the first place. Now remaking the original Halo trilogy into a ultimate edition for the Xbox one would be neat, but thats just because people want to see the Halo 2 multiplayer back up/remastered multiplayers for all three games and have all the campaigns in near full 1080p. Im not saying it isnt a wise move, but I wouldnt care if they didnt do it for a while. I like each game where it is, unless H2A is confirmed then Il be VERY excited! 

• Upvote (+1) 1

10--31Palmer_Print.jpg

because odsts

Yeah they are awesome, no doubt. But unless its a slightly different (better) version of ODST with it being set somewhere in the upcoming Halo realm, I wouldnt look much into it. 

^ This, gonna wait for confirmation from a tricker or campaign guy. Mods just remove the whole legitimacy for me.

I'm about to try this out... Will record and post a video of the results. :)

UPDATE: Tried it. Nothing happened. Though I believe I may have missed one of the crystal things at the beginning. Will try again tomorrow.

Really? I highly doubt that. Mind linking me to where you heard that?

Lol it was a joke, relax man :)

@@Simplicityyy

ODST really wasn't as open as people made it out to be, not only was it vertically more limiting (small jump) when it came to the map design it only really started opening up around the end and even after all that it was still pretty much an alternative version of halo 3 which IMO wasn't all that great on a SP level, don't get me wrong I liked ODST for its setting and local, I also thoroughly enjoyed the storyline and plot, so yeah ODST was not terrible but in reality reach and CE blow it out the water.

I do hope though that they one day go full RPG, I think it would be wonderful on a SP level at least, ODST (as well as CE if you think about it) proved halo can work beautifully in an open world environment and if you look at the direction halo has gone a RPG type of game would make far more sense IMO.

• Upvote (+1) 1

I do hope though that they one day go full RPG

I can see it now, levelling up your sprint speed and buying Boltshots at the ordinance shop :kappa: :goat: :goat: :goat:

• Upvote (+1) 1

ODST is a cool first playthrough due to the atmosphere, but the campaign has practically 0 replayability. Easiest Legendary in the series. Garbage for speedrunning. 90% of the levels are running in a straight line to the exit. Last 2 levels are one big tedious slog that's impossible to speed up.

Firefight and tricking I can't speak for, as that was never my thing, but I hear it's really good for both. At least it came with the complete H3 multiplayer.

I can see it now, levelling up your sprint speed and buying Boltshots at the ordinance shop :kappa: :goat: :goat: :goat:

The thing is that halo has always played best on a SP level with the least amount of restriction and the most amount of player potential, in general going more in the direction of RPG games would be best I think, I'm not saying they should go full elder scrolls or fallout mode but they should definitely go more in that direction instead of overly cinematic and linear crap that we saw with halo 4, think more bioshock or dead space.

Also if you look at the way Halo's sandbox has gone in the last decade (excessive amounts of variability) halo being an RPG makes a hell of a lot more sense then most people would realize.

I'm not too optimistic that 343i will go this route or even if they could pull it off, but I think if they did halo (on a SP level) would be worlds better than what it is/was.

@@Tiburon my biggest problem with ODST is that they tried too hard to make it different, they should've built it from the ground up sort of like they did with wars or spartan assault instead of just remodeling and redesigning halo 3.

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 2

I don't think anyone would ever have discovered something like that without the use of mods / messing around with the game's code.

That is a sick easter egg nonetheless. Stuff like this makes me look forward to Destiny. Bungie has a way of making games so deep if you choose to explore and mess about with them, on top of the actual exploration that the game itself makes you do... I don't think anyone else manages so well to push you to explore around for no real reason on a map and try random shit out.

Plus, Destiny is obviously designed in a way to make environments be vast and whatnot, so there's gonna be a lot of random hidden stuff out there.

The thing is that halo has always played best on a SP level with the least amount of restriction and the most amount of player potential, in general going more in the direction of RPG games would be best I think, I'm not saying they should go full elder scrolls or fallout mode but they should definitely go more in that direction instead of overly cinematic and linear crap that we saw with halo 4, think more bioshock or dead space.

Also if you look at the way Halo's sandbox has gone in the last decade (excessive amounts of variability) halo being an RPG makes a hell of a lot more sense then most people would realize.

I'm not too optimistic that 343i will go this route or even if they could pull it off, but I think if they did halo (on a SP level) would be worlds better than what it is/was.

I agree with you, as long as it's an expansion like ODST, or just not one of the main games. Halo is a big enough franchise that it shouldn't be restricted to one (well, technically three now) genre(s).

Ah. It's just that I constantly see people saying that same thing as you. Well, more on the Halo Wars 2 side than a second ODST. Though, if they made a Halo Wars 2, I'd buy it in an instant! As for ODST 2? That's hightly unlikely, considering they were only making a single ODST, or at least to my knowledge they were.

Has anyone actually tried this to work out if it's legit or not? Seems like a cool easter egg if it is legit. This easter egg just seems TOO specific to be real though. Like how did he know the order to shoot the crystals? Would never be trial and error as that would take years to work out. And I find it very hard to believe that it was discovered by chance. 

I wouldn't speculate too much on what the numbers mean either, could be anything. The 343's probably are a reference to 343 industries, but I doubt they represent the games they would go on to make, like some people are suggesting. Back in 2007, I doubt they would have even begun planning games like Halo: Spartan Assault; after all, it's only a mobile game. Pretty sure that back in 2007, smartphones were still not really even in use, so the idea that a company that had literally just formed was thinking up an idea for a mobile game to be released 6 years down the line seems very far-fetched. 

One of those things where we need to look a lot more into it I think. 

This game will never cease to amaze me.

BEST

GAME

EVER

NO.

@@Lux

I was not saying that they should make a separate halo title RPG, I was suggesting that the main games (H5/6) should go that route and the series in general, I'm not sure how it would play into everything else but on a SP side it's where it's at.

@@DragonLongRock halo wars did very poorly sales wise I believe so a sequel is unlikely, ODST 2 is also unlikely not only because that story has already kinda been told but also because Spartan (4's?) are starting to become much more relevant so I imagine an ODST game at this point wouldn't make too much sense, we might get another spartan ops type of experience though.

Has anyone actually tried this to work out if it's legit or not? Seems like a cool easter egg if it is legit. This easter egg just seems TOO specific to be real though. Like how did he know the order to shoot the crystals? Would never be trial and error as that would take years to work out. And I find it very hard to believe that it was discovered by chance. 

I know for a fact Lord Zedd is a notorious modder, he's done a lot of cool stuff with all the games. Now don't quote me on this, but I would assume he was playing with the game's code and discovered a strange event that appeared out of place (E.G. spawning a bunch of vehicles at a random / unnecessary moment during the mission; which seems to be what's happening in the video) and after looking into it a bit more, discovered that the event to trigger it had to do with the status (broken or not) of a certain item (crystals). Now, as for the order, he said himself he wasn't sure how to do it, but knew that the way he showed it worked. I'm almost sure there's an easier / more simple manner of doing it, but so far, that's all there is.

And it's a bit how the IWHBYD skull was discovered. People didn't try jumping through the rings in a random order until it lit up and a skull appeared out of nowhere; people found it in the game's code.

@@Simplicityyy

ODST really wasn't as open as people made it out to be, not only was it vertically more limiting (small jump) when it came to the map design it only really started opening up around the end and even after all that it was still pretty much an alternative version of halo 3 which IMO wasn't all that great on a SP level, don't get me wrong I liked ODST for its setting and local, I also thoroughly enjoyed the storyline and plot, so yeah ODST was not terrible but in reality reach and CE blow it out the water.

I do hope though that they one day go full RPG, I think it would be wonderful on a SP level at least, ODST (as well as CE if you think about it) proved halo can work beautifully in an open world environment and if you look at the direction halo has gone a RPG type of game would make far more sense IMO.

I cannot see Halo at all as an RPG but I agree that ODST isnt as playable as Reach or CE. Like said, ODST is an expansion pack..not a full game. It just doesnt have the replayability of other games, but still pretty enjoyable for some. 

I cannot see Halo at all as an RPG but I agree that ODST isnt as playable as Reach or CE. Like said, ODST is an expansion pack..not a full game. It just doesnt have the replayability of other games, but still pretty enjoyable for some.

You would start out with a class (spartan/elite/promethean or forerunner/flood/ODST) then you would choose your loadout (hard to imagine isn't it?) then you are shown a brief cutscene that gives a basic sense of what it is you are meant to do and after that you are throw into the game and must complete certain objectives and challenges that will further the main storyline, but the path is treacherous and in order to survive for long you must evolve...

It's really not too hard to imagine to be honest, if you think about it CE was the closest to that and over the years they have made many decisions that actually lend themselves fairly well to that kind of play, I would be surprised if at some they didn't do something along those lines.

I also wish they would have some SP DLC for once, GOW3 did it and it ended up being the best DLC in the series (next to maybe the all fronts collection) so frankly that's another one of those things they should've done years ago.

You would start out with a class (spartan/elite/promethean or forerunner/flood/ODST) then you would choose your loadout (hard to imagine isn't it?) then you are shown a brief cutscene that gives a basic sense of what it is you are meant to do and after that you are throw into the game and must complete certain objectives and challenges that will further the main storyline, but the path is treacherous and in order to survive for long you must evolve...

It's really not too hard to imagine to be honest, if you think about it CE was the closest to that

No.

No.

Easily the most open and nonlinear halo game to date, depends on what you define as an RPG game I guess.

I do hope though that they one day go full RPG, I think it would be wonderful on a SP level at least

You would basically be playng System Shock 2 on console though (albeit with more shooting).

Creeping parasitic hivemind, rogue AIs in your head, human/energy weapon dichotomy, being the last survivor, limited weapon carry capacity...not to say it wouldn't be a good game, but it might feel unoriginal.

• Upvote (+1) 1

You would basically be playng System Shock 2 on console though (albeit with more shooting).

Creeping parasitic hivemind, rogue AIs in your head, human/energy weapon dichotomy, being the last survivor, limited weapon carry capacity...not to say it wouldn't be a good game, but it might feel unoriginal.

Well if they're gonna copy COD... :kappa:

But yeah that is a good point that I never really thought of to be honest, as long as it still has Halo's lore, setting and atmosphere I doubt it'll feel all that much like SS2 but I guess it'll always be compared to its competitors, it would likely be compared more towards Destiny than anything but nonetheless it's still worth mentioning.