Sign in to follow this  
The Snazzer

Competitive settings will transfer from H2 to H2A?

Would there be a direct transfer of settings to H2A and start off with the original H2 settings or will we end up with months and months of testing different settings to accommodate modern game types and be in the v6,v7,v8 phase again?

It depends if it plays the same but if H2A happens and is good, there won't be months of debating on this forums (well there will be pointless debates), because MLG will put out the settings.

WOW, i swear i did not make 3 threads. Mods, delete the rest

:saucey:

• Upvote (+1) 7

WOW, i swear i did not make 3 threads. Mods, delete the rest

They're already gone :)

It depends if it plays the same but if H2A happens and is good, there won't be months of debating on this forums (well there will be pointless debates), because MLG will put out the settings.

I was wondering if people would support the original H2 settings untouched to get the original feel, or have months of debating and trying to get new stuff to fit

• Upvote (+1) 1

I mean, that's the golden question. If Halo 2 Anniversary is a true to life remake, will it have some of the newer game modes like extraction? But, why would we even need them? Really, who would want to play Sanc Extract?  

We have Slayer, OB, KoTH, CTF, and all work fine.

I don't think messing with the weapon placement would do much either, as the ones we had already worked pretty well.

Forge I think would actually be detrimental to the overall experience, too many people would want to make it "the way that it was supposed to be," and it would just cause further community conflict.

I mean, that's the golden question. If Halo 2 Anniversary is a true to life remake, will it have some of the newer game modes like extraction? But, why would we even need them? Really, who would want to play Sanc Extract?  

I don't think messing with the weapon placement would do much either, as the ones we had already worked pretty well.

Forge I think would actually be detrimental to the overall experience, too many people would want to make it "the way that it was supposed to be," and it would just cause further community conflict.

I can already see settings threads everywhere and just wonder "why?"

There will be that person that wants  to switch camo for OV

That kid that wants to move the sniper

The kid that thinks some H2 settings should have been changed to begin with.

• Upvote (+1) 1

If there is Forge the first thing to do should be to fix the weapon respawning system. Halo 2 easily had the worst in the series.

Other than that everything should be taken slowly and adjusted over time if and when necessary.

• Upvote (+1) 3

If there is Forge the first thing to do should be to fix the weapon respawning system. Halo 2 easily had the worst in the series.

Other than that everything should be taken slowly and adjusted over time if and when necessary.

I second this motion... never played a lot of H2, but getting all vehicles destroyed by some guy hoarding rockets on coagulation was not fun.

• Upvote (+1) 1

This I can agree with. H1/H3 etc weapon spawning worked optimally anyway. 

Edit: or even better, just make it like H1/H3 and leave forge out. Simple as that.

I hope we just try and work from MLG settings or at least keep them, I could really go without 5 different settings at launch.

• Upvote (+1) 6

I hope we just try and work from MLG settings or at least keep them, I could really go without 5 different settings at launch.

Or 4 different settings after a year.

• Upvote (+1) 1

If there is a forge i'd rather not see forge maps used in comp play, it was semi-necessary in Reach+H4 because they have sub-par maps but not H2.

I would just go with the 07' MLG settings to begin with that is what people play currently.

Please no.

If Halo 2 "MLG" settings are vastly different from base settings than the game will be in the exact same issue it has had the past few years.

Just fix some timers, maybe add a few weapon spots. Don't remove anything, sword and shotgun should be in competitive play.

• Upvote (+1) 7

it would be neat to play some modern gametypes,w/o sprint of course, in the possibe H2A. Not all though. Snapshots or renaming it some kind of no scoping gametype would be interesting I think. Not sure about other ones though, but some still might be neat to add to the experience. Otherwise I would just want the old gametypes because I never played them online. 

I wonder if H2A will fix hill to where crazy king works. If so, I wouldn't mind seeing king tested for use in H2. 

• Upvote (+1) 1

you know these babies are gonna be complaining about getting killed by a shotgun and sword (when it's their fault for getting that close to their opponent)....I can't wait to see the few that will try to turn the game into halo 3 with just snipers and rockets occupying the power weapon space.....disgusting....

Tru dat mate.  I can definitely see the game becoming barebones again :(

If H2A brings a 1:1 remake I see no reason not to start with MLG settings. Having said that once everything is established if there is the potential to improve the game why wouldn't you use it? I really don't see Forge happening but if it did it'd be amazing for the competitive community.

• Upvote (+1) 3