Sign in to follow this  
Artaneius

Looking back at myself skill wise in H3...

My god was I absolutely trash...  Makes me cringe when I watch my old halo videos.

I'm surprised that my old halo videos got so many views back then looking at them now.  Then again pub stomping is always popular for some reason.

• Upvote (+1) 2

Pubstomping is easy to understand and they can laugh at the bad kids. I don't think most casual players understand nuances of even matches.

Nice sniping btw

Pubstomping is easy to understand and they can laugh at the bad kids. I don't think most casual players understand nuances of even matches.

Nice sniping btw

But the sad thing is compared to now that sniping is horrible.  But thank you for the kind remark.  My old videos was like from 08-09.

One minute into watching, I've gotten out a caffeine filled beverage and popped the Halo 3 disc in.... "Looking for ideal matches" hahah

I don't understand "pubstomping" in Halo. I know this is a reference from Call of Duty. I just don't see the similarities to the reference.

Liked the video though.

• Upvote (+1) 1

I don't understand "pubstomping" in Halo. I know this is a reference from Call of Duty. I just don't see the similarities to the reference.

Liked the video though.

Pubstomping term originated back during the Quake days.  It generally just means someone good or a team of good players destroying those who aren't good.  It didn't start with CoD.

I'm surprised that my old halo videos got so many views back then looking at them now.  Then again pub stomping is always popular for some reason.

Halo was huge back in the day. I remember that one guy ShadowKiller9068 or something getting 20,000 views per game he uploaded on YouTube and skill wise he was only above average. 

• Upvote (+1) 1

I don't get how that video was "trash", the aim was alright, yeah your map positioning is..... but against a team of those people, does it really matter where you positioning at?

I don't get how that video was "trash", the aim was alright, yeah your map positioning is..... but against a team of those people, does it really matter where you positioning at?

It's just a reflection of how bad my skill was at that time compared to now.  Compared to what I do in Quake and UT nowadays, this video looks like garbage.  I'm not saying the video is trash, I'm just sharing a personal expression about my own abilities from then to now.  You know just looking back and saying, omg I was such a scrub back then.

Pubstomping term originated back during the Quake days.  It generally just means someone good or a team of good players destroying those who aren't good.  It didn't start with CoD.

I guess that makes sense. I've never played Quake and only heard the reference in Call of Duty. I didn't call it the originator of the term. 

If anything I'm kinda depressed at how good I was back in the H3 days compared to now. Going from H4/Reach/CoD to H3 is brutal.

• Upvote (+1) 1

If anything I'm kinda depressed at how good I was back in the H3 days compared to now. Going from H4/Reach/CoD to H3 is brutal.

Well in pure arena shooters, map control is the most important thing.  Controlling the power weapons and controlling key locations that provide large field of view while great cover at the same time is crucial for success.  In H4/CoD, map control isn't as important without having weapons or any incentive to move around and making risks.  Good teams mostly just have to cover flanks and move as an unit.  No worries about getting rockets and sniper. etc.

Liked the video though.

Social Warrior! :D That's what I use to call it any way. I never heard of pubstomping until BO1.

I guess that makes sense. I've never played Quake and only heard the reference in Call of Duty. I didn't call it the originator of the term. 

I think there are a couple reasons why the pubstomping term never really hit off in Halo.  First and foremost, Halo for the vast majority of it's life had a matchmaking system that was based much more on skill than other systems.  The system tries very reasonably compared to other online games to find you similar skilled players, given when the population is big enough.  Pubstomping during H2's and H3's popular life spans was... very small compared to other games, including CoD thanks to it's emphasis on skill matchmaking.

Second, pubstomping is mainly a term that comes from PC shooters including Quake, UT, and CS.  Back then matchmaking didn't exist at all.  Every game online was random and everyone from all skill levels played with and against each other.  So pubstomping of course would be very rampant much to casual gamers dismay.  A lot of CS players also play CoD since they have some similar traits and much easier to pwn noobs in.  So the term could easily have moved on from CS players who play CoD to dominate noobs.

Third, many Quake and UT players unlike CS with CoD didn't move on to Halo.  In fact, most of them hated Halo and considered it a "baby-fied" arena shooter.  Many of the Halo community including those who did from the other communities tried and liked Halo during this time, were trying to distance themselves from the elitism of the other two main arena shooters.  So they made up their own sayings for things, to express themselves as an independent community.  Much how the Smash community made up their own terms for things in defiance of the FGC's treatment of Smash back then.

pub stomping means rolling people in a public server

so it only applies to games with match making + dedicated servers 

Let's look at my skill level in Halo 3 shall we? 

0PQrhDq.png

So you're the one stomped-in-pub.  :kappa:

It's k, I spent Halo 3's life-span buckling down in school. Never got good at the game and really only played it drunk. :p

bruh I used to play on sensitivity 2 like some fuckboy

i play on 10 now regularly and the thought of lowering your sensitivity for 'a ''better'' shot seems so shameful

Before I found out what MLG was, I was a hugeee big team battle kid. I was the nerd that always had the sniper and never missed a whole lot :gandhi:

Before I found out what MLG was, I was a hugeee big team battle kid. I was the nerd that always had the sniper and never missed a whole lot :gandhi:

Of course... how could you miss when your opponents walk in straight lines and never strafe.

post-4051-0-12963000-1397972000.png