Edain

Favorite Gaming Easter Eggs

So, in the spirit of Easter, what are some of your guys favorite Easter Eggs in gaming?

These guys...

27d32a_627245.jpg

I just always found it so creepy.

This one was probably my favorite as well because it was the first East Egg I ever saw. haha

God there are so many.

1) Seeing the face of Chris Carney on the Halo ring in Halo 2 (on the map containment).

2) Getting out of the one H2 map in campaign and finding that hidden sword stuck in the ground.

3) The monkey group on the first H3 mission.

4) The half-naked guy in Halo 3 (I actually have never seen him in H2 but I know he's there).

5) Skulls

Many, many more...

400px-GRD_Doll.jpg

Spent so much time debunking theories on how to obtain this helmet with friends... just cause of that one screenshot on the Xbox dashboard at some point. We wanted it so bad.

Spent so much time debunking theories on how to obtain this helmet with friends... just cause of that one screenshot on the Xbox dashboard at some point. We wanted it so bad.

It's amazing how many people still think it's like, hidden in Reach right now.

One of my favorite Easter Eggs comes from Halo: Combat Evolved called the “Thirsty Grunt”. As a young fan I would constantly replay the Campaign since it was so fresh and so different at the time. I remember coming across this stray Grunt at the end of The Maw and he would randomly just started talking, I really had no idea what to think of it at the time. After some quick Googling I found out it was an in-game Easter Egg, it blew my mind at the time.

• Upvote (+1) 1

WDr5MJc.jpg

ZL99gLi.jpg

And My favorite is when Bungie said thanks to G4 for the award they got, they did it in the crypt below sandbox like 2 years before MYTHIC map pack came out lol, always thought that was pretty cool. 

5thE0qP.jpg

Siege of madrigal soundtrack locations in halo 1-reach 

Bungie put easter eggs referencing their previous games in halo. You just know bungie will put some halo easter eggs in destiny  :Halo:

this

108px-MarinePicture.jpg

Either this or the megg was the first easter egg I found. (after learning it existed via HBO)

e: Monopoli says there's also a Megg in Cairo Station (h2), you'd have to ask him how to trigger that one. It's something ridiculous like finishing the level on legendary taking 0 shield damage.

Cliffy B's "Pretty fly for a white guy" Easter egg in UT 99'  B)

I wasted so many hours chasing the mythic "golden warthog" in H2 as well   :lol:

Doom also has some cool secret rooms as well with pics/messages from the devs <3

Doom also has some cool secret rooms as well with pics/messages from the devs <3

Romero_head.PNG

• Upvote (+1) 1