YoshinJaa

Repopulate Halo 2 Vista

Is Advanced Video enabled in H2 Shark settings?

The first time I tried, it was. The second time, it wasn't. I've messed around with everything, nothing gets the game to work, which is extremely frustrating since I played it last week.

The first time I tried, it was. The second time, it wasn't. I've messed around with everything, nothing gets the game to work, which is extremely frustrating since I played it last week.

Can you download team speak and hop in please :) I will help you and get your game going, join us on our teamspeak server @ ts.h2pc.org   and their is no password. Thanks!

Can you download team speak and hop in please :) I will help you and get your game going, join us on our teamspeak server @ ts.h2pc.org   and their is no password. Thanks!

thanks again for all the help bro 

Hey Guys, 

I'm new here on these forums. I'm a Dutch guy who has been playing since h1 (though i'm pretty terrible at that particular halo). Watching halo decay has not been a pretty sight. Luckily, the OG halo games (that's 1 and 2 for me) are being brought back to us in halo the MCC. As many of you i'm feeling nostalgic and decided to pick up an Xbox one for this. A little pre-release practice wouldn't hurt so that's why i'm posting here. 

First i want to thank the OP for providing us with this great and detailed guide on how to install h2pc. 

I do have some trouble getting a "confirmation id" for the activation wizzard. As i mentioned above i'm from the Netherlands so calling to the states is difficult to say the least. The OP provided some information on free PC calling services. I've tried many but the either do not work or I get to few minutes to actually get the confirmation id.

Unfortunately, I do not have any friends living in the states. It might be a bit much to ask but could a fellow halo player help me out and dial the number provided in the OP to get a valid confirmation id. It is just a tape that is running you won't have to talk to anybody. Can anybody make my weekend, i would really appreciate it!!

Thanks in advance

Hey Guys, 

I'm new here on these forums. I'm a Dutch guy who has been playing since h1 (though i'm pretty terrible at that particular halo). Watching halo decay has not been a pretty sight. Luckily, the OG halo games (that's 1 and 2 for me) are being brought back to us in halo the MCC. As many of you i'm feeling nostalgic and decided to pick up an Xbox one for this. A little pre-release practice wouldn't hurt so that's why i'm posting here. 

First i want to thank the OP for providing us with this great and detailed guide on how to install h2pc. 

I do have some trouble getting a "confirmation id" for the activation wizzard. As i mentioned above i'm from the Netherlands so calling to the states is difficult to say the least. The OP provided some information on free PC calling services. I've tried many but the either do not work or I get to few minutes to actually get the confirmation id.

Unfortunately, I do not have any friends living in the states. It might be a bit much to ask but could a fellow halo player help me out and dial the number provided in the OP to get a valid confirmation id. It is just a tape that is running you won't have to talk to anybody. Can anybody make my weekend, i would really appreciate it!!

Thanks in advance

Today's your lucky day! Setup TeamSpeak and we can arrange a time to get that knocked out for you. TeamSpeak stuff is in my signature. 

• Upvote (+1) 1

I really, really, really appreciate tha YoshinJaa! 

I'm the biggest console kid there is, so i actually have no clue on how teamspeak works. Never to late to learn though, so i will download teamspeak and contact you once i've figured out how it all works. 

Thanks again man!

Today's your lucky day! Setup TeamSpeak and we can arrange a time to get that knocked out for you. TeamSpeak stuff is in my signature. 

Done! I don't want to spam this thread but i'm not sure whether my PM was send. I've joined the hanging out channel. Do I have to add you or something like that?

I tried to start H2V today, but my anti-virus (Avast) blocked H2 Shark from launching, said that it was trying to put a virus on my system.

Avast called it as "Win32: Dropper-gen [Drp]

Any ideas?

I tried to start H2V today, but my anti-virus (Avast) blocked H2 Shark from launching, said that it was trying to put a virus on my system.

Avast called it as "Win32: Dropper-gen [Drp]

Any ideas?

H2 Shark is not a virus or does not replicate one, by any means, I believe someone decided it was cool to flag it as one, which in turn caused several AV's to block/delete it. You would need to add h2launcher.exe to the exclusions list in either scan settings or allowed programs. Consult Avast's help guide for more details. 

The Activation never works for me and now I really can't even play. It used to be I'd have to reactivate the game everytime I exit the game. But now It just kicks me out of any server after about 15 seconds or so. I don't know what to do. I tried uninstalling the game and then trying again but that didn't help. 

I think I messed up a bit when I installed it the first before H2shark was out. When it asked to sign into the game it didn't show my gamertag so I just made one and tried playing that. Which didn't work so I played as default all the time. Which worked to a certain point but like I said I'd have to reactivate the game every time I log back in.

Is there any way I can go about fixing this? I'd like to play Halo 2 before MCC 

Having trouble logging in via shark. What login am I supposed to use for my XBL account?

Your Shark login is the email address associated with your gamertag.

The Activation never works for me and now I really can't even play. It used to be I'd have to reactivate the game everytime I exit the game. But now It just kicks me out of any server after about 15 seconds or so. I don't know what to do. I tried uninstalling the game and then trying again but that didn't help. 

I think I messed up a bit when I installed it the first before H2shark was out. When it asked to sign into the game it didn't show my gamertag so I just made one and tried playing that. Which didn't work so I played as default all the time. Which worked to a certain point but like I said I'd have to reactivate the game every time I log back in.

Is there any way I can go about fixing this? I'd like to play Halo 2 before MCC 

Reactivation is one thing that does happen when using Shark's activator. To remedy the issues you would need to purchase/use a universal product key. Check the OP under Activating Halo 2 Vista for links. Steam is the best approach as it is instant. If you do so, run Shark as admin, go to settings > deactivate, and then play game. It will prompt for a new key at that time.

I am still getting an error during installation that says: redists/H2V-licr.msi: Fatal error during installation. 

I have tried to download BOTH the .iso and the torrent file, both give me the same error. When I open the file itself it says: There is a problem with this Windows Installer package. A program required for this install to complete could not be run. I followed all of the steps one by one, no idea what I'm doing wrong.

Also, once i press 'customize game install' it tells me that there are one or more compatibility issues on my computer,  and that issue is apparently that my performance information has not been created and that I should do it, I don't know if that has anything to do with it.

help please :(

Thanks for making this game available online. I am really glad to find a cheap way to play halo 2 because I likely won't buy an Xbox One. I did purchase a steam copy of Kane and Lynch so I no longer have to reenter the product keys. However I am still having issues connecting to games and getting disconnected midgame. I had some issues portforwarding, do you recommend that this will fix my issues or should I wait for the patch? I have been in the Teamspeak before as well. Nice to meet you all.

I am still getting an error during installation that says: redists/H2V-licr.msi: Fatal error during installation. 

I have tried to download BOTH the .iso and the torrent file, both give me the same error. When I open the file itself it says: There is a problem with this Windows Installer package. A program required for this install to complete could not be run. I followed all of the steps one by one, no idea what I'm doing wrong.

Also, once i press 'customize game install' it tells me that there are one or more compatibility issues on my computer,  and that issue is apparently that my performance information has not been created and that I should do it, I don't know if that has anything to do with it.

help please :(

Do you have .NET Framework 3.5 installed and what version of Windows are you on? It may be a good idea to hop into TeamSpeak later on tonight and we can try to figure out what the problem is. 

Thanks for making this game available online. I am really glad to find a cheap way to play halo 2 because I likely won't buy an Xbox One. I did purchase a steam copy of Kane and Lynch so I no longer have to reenter the product keys. However I am still having issues connecting to games and getting disconnected midgame. I had some issues portforwarding, do you recommend that this will fix my issues or should I wait for the patch? I have been in the Teamspeak before as well. Nice to meet you all.

You are welcome. What NAT type do you have? I am assuming you used Deactivate prior to entering the bought key, right? If your router is a newer model, it should have UPnP enabled which virtually is automatic port forwarding without needing additional steps. If you are using Windows Firewall or another firewall program, is halo2.exe added as an exception?

• Upvote (+1) 1

Well I can't play at all now. When ever I activate and try to play I can play about 30 seconds of a match and then I get kicked out and I can't join any other match. Damn. 

How does that Kane and Lynch thing work? Do I buy the game and use it's key code for Halo 2? 

Fallout 3 is only 3 dollars atm. Could I buy that and use the key for Halo 2? In the list Fallout 3 was there. Well the steam version doesn't work heh. Guess I'll have to buy the other game. 

Do the Kane and Lynch code, made it 100% better. It comes instantly and is not shady (imo) like the other sites. Run shark in administrator and deactivate and then when you run your game next you should be able to enter the Kane and Lynch product code. There have been a ton of people on today.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Christ give it a rest people. MCC Is so so close honestly just wait for it to drop

I think that is the whole point of wanting to play Halo 2 more? To touch base before MCC...

Do the Kane and Lynch code, made it 100% better. It comes instantly and is not shady (imo) like the other sites. Run shark in administrator and deactivate and then when you run your game next you should be able to enter the Kane and Lynch product code. There have been a ton of people on today.

Yeah I did it. Works now. 

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

I have a question I have the Halo 2 Vista disc for a long time. I had it installed and uninstalled many times because sometimes I would be absent for a long time so I decided to free some space up in my computer. But currently I want to replay the campaign and cant because my laptop either cant read the disc or when it can it would read it as an empty disc and Im wondering if the my Disc Key would work with the torrent.