YoshinJaa

Repopulate Halo 2 Vista

Every single time I try to enter my GTA IV product key it says that the product key is invalid.  I got it to work when I was in game, but not when I start the game up.  Every time it says activate now and I input that key and it says invalid.  

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

You are not supposed to enter the key before you enter the game. Once you enter the game you enter the code next time you start up the game click activate later and you should be golden!

You are not supposed to enter the key before you enter the game. Once you enter the game you enter the code next time you start up the game click activate later and you should be golden!

Ok, but when I do that the options of Live and Network are grayed out.  How do I access these areas?

Ok, but when I do that the options of Live and Network are grayed out.  How do I access these areas?

You need to select Activate Now and then enter 8784Q-W6F92-DHQ7R-P3PKV-7DM8F and proceed with the Activate by Telephone part. This is step 6 in the "Installing Halo 2 Vista" segment of the 1st post. Make sure you set the Region to United States and call the number. Once you are done, those options will be visible. 

I legitimately get kicked out of every single server I attempt to join, be it instantly or 30 seconds into a game.

What a fail.

• Upvote (+1) 1

I've noticed a lot of people join and quit, and there is almost no way to tell them "DOWNLOAD THE UPDATE!" The "Need Update" was even removed from the server description. Maybe it'd be best to re-add it? Just a suggestion. Lots of people join, then are kicked cause they don't have the update.

I legitimately get kicked out of every single server I attempt to join, be it instantly or 30 seconds into a game.

What a fail.

Have you restarted your computer after installing? You aren't running Shark I presume, so perhaps your PCID needs to be regenerated if you are still having issues connecting download this halo2vista.com/update/PCIDchanger.zip, extract it and run, click Yes, and then ok. If that is still not the case, you either have a firewall block or need to port forward. 

What if we just ran a virtual version of Windows Vista and played the game through that?

Should work, as long as you give the VM slightly more than the minimum needed to run H2. 

Should work, as long as you give the VM slightly more than the minimum needed to run H2. 

Cool I'll give it a try when I have time. Virtualbox is pretty easy to use

I'm having a weird issue. I can't seem to get the H2 shark to prompt me to register an account. I hit register, sign into my xbox live profile, but the popup never comes up.

I reinstalled H2V with revo and completely reinstalled it.

If it matters, I'm running Win8.1 and I have the game and h2 shark running in Win7 compatibility mode.

Any help is appreciated.

I'm having a weird issue. I can't seem to get the H2 shark to prompt me to register an account. I hit register, sign into my xbox live profile, but the popup never comes up.

I reinstalled H2V with revo and completely reinstalled it.

If it matters, I'm running Win8.1 and I have the game and h2 shark running in Win7 compatibility mode.

Any help is appreciated.

Registration is messed up in Shark, it will be released tomorrow through an auto-update.  

It wont let me register :(,

it used to crash when i hit register, after i downloaded the update it no longer crashes but i cannot access the registration screen, is it ment to pop up? can i register manually?

thanks

Everything seems to be working fine, except I have no sound. I found the fix suggested in this thread, but I don't have any of the dsound.dlls in my Halo 2 folder. Should I just do a fresh install?

It wont let me register :(,

it used to crash when i hit register, after i downloaded the update it no longer crashes but i cannot access the registration screen, is it ment to pop up? can i register manually?

thanks

I commented about that right above your post. Registration is messed up and should be fixed today.

Everything seems to be working fine, except I have no sound. I found the fix suggested in this thread, but I don't have any of the dsound.dlls in my Halo 2 folder. Should I just do a fresh install?

Did you download the Friday update? Sound is working correctly.

Thanks for trying josh, but not im getting crashes shortly after the loading screen of h2v just before it signs in.  i still havent made it to the register screen yet :(

post-7916-0-33940700-1410816310.png

At the end of my rope, installed this tonight had a problem at every-single-turn which I managed to overcome until I FINALLY got on the game it crashes after 30 seconds, sound remains, my screen just freezes into a shake. I can't see anyone but I can hear people shooting, my friends say they can see me jumping and moving if I press buttons but I just see a shaking screen, also freezes in menus if I'm pressing buttons both on my keyboard and wireless remote after 30 seconds.

I've updated drivers for my wireless remote, fresh installed twice (both times through methods posted in the FAQ) and tried EVERYTHING else on that list aside from deleting the sound files as I cannot find my appdata/local folder ANYWHERE and I don't know what to do. Could it be my PC? Could it be the cancer that is windows live? It could be anything and I'm in dire need of help. I'll give any info I can to help get this fixed if someone could help me out, that would be awesome.

CM.