YoshinJaa

Repopulate Halo 2 Vista

Thanks alot Zyfe It worked :)

I'm glad! Was cool to see you playing - add me so we can play in the future :D

OP was updated to re-organize the installation process of H2V as well as explaining H2 Shark and how to use it, including its activate function. 

FAQ's-2nd post was updated as well, with helping with crash fixes or random in-game disconnects. We are working on an update that will fix many issues with the first release and will ease up the process of using Shark. Thank you everyone for being patient. 

As always, if you need help you can reach out to us on TeamSpeak, check my forum signature for details on how to install and connect. 

Game started out instant booting me or booting me after I get a kill and now this message pops up when I try to run the game through the startup.exe or the shark.  HALP PLS

Go here and download my copy (virus scanned beforehand) http://www.mediafire.com/download/zlgrw7cz95g9yrv/msvcp110.dll

Paste it into C:\Windows\System32 folder you may need to also paste it into C:\Windows\SysWOW64 if you have that folder as well.

False alarm, still doesn't work. Game crashes as soon as I enter a game. Tried all the fixes again. No dice. 

Talk about incredibly frustrating. Game worked great prior to the update.

Did you try the Revo uninstaller method I posted a page or two back? If not, I just updated in the 2nd post of this thread. If you still need help feel free to join us in TeamSpeak (just download from teamspeak.com and install, then connections > connect); server: ts.h2pc.org

Bought a SFIV key from the cdkeyexpress.com link, tried it, and... "Can't sign in because your product key is not valid. Please enter a valid product key". Help please?

Did you use this key while installing or in-game after sign in? If during installation, this key will not work as it is only usable in game. 

OP was updated to re-organize the installation process of H2V as well as explaining H2 Shark and how to use it, including its activate function. 

FAQ's-2nd post was updated as well, with helping with crash fixes or random in-game disconnects. We are working on an update that will fix many issues with the first release and will ease up the process of using Shark. Thank you everyone for being patient. 

As always, if you need help you can reach out to us on TeamSpeak, check my forum signature for details on how to install and connect. 

Go here and download my copy (virus scanned beforehand) http://www.mediafire.com/download/zlgrw7cz95g9yrv/msvcp110.dll

Paste it into C:\Windows\System32 folder you may need to also paste it into C:\Windows\SysWOW64 if you have that folder as well.

Downloaded the file and still gives me the same message.

Downloaded the file and still gives me the same message.

As a system32 DLL you may need to restart. Did you restart it? Also, were you trying to use x360ce prior? I know of someone who had an issue where this dll just disappeared and ran into errors.

As a system32 DLL you may need to restart. Did you restart it? Also, were you trying to use x360ce prior? I know of someone who had an issue where this dll just disappeared and ran into errors.

Ya I did, and no I wasn't. previous to this error message popping up I was getting booted when I would get a kill in game but after trying some fixes this started happening...

This file is linked to Visual C++ redistributable, so go to Control Panel and uninstall Microsoft Visual C++ 2012 Redistributable (x86) and then reinstall it http://www.microsoft.com/en-au/download/details.aspx?id=30679 selecting the x86 version. You may need to restart once more after installing.

Ok so doing that let me run halo 2 through the shark but now when I try to join any MLG lobby I am backed out immediately or my game crashes.

Ok so doing that let me run halo 2 through the shark but now when I try to join any MLG lobby I am backed out immediately or my game crashes.

Check the 2nd post for the crash fix, also check out the PCIDchanger section. 

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Can you play in unranked servers with the ranking patch?  I keep getting booted out of them.  Also most of the servers have really bad lag at the beginning that I did not notice before the patch (yellow bar for the first 1-2 minutes).

• Upvote (+1) 2

Can you play in unranked servers with the ranking patch?  I keep getting booted out of them.  Also most of the servers have really bad lag at the beginning that I did not notice before the patch (yellow bar for the first 1-2 minutes).

Yeah the whole "update" seemed a little unnecessary really. MCC is right around the corner. Most people who play on the servers will talk about their discontent and the issues. There is lag whenever someone joins and then quits because they don't have the patch. Seems like an attempt to try and keep players when MCC comes out. I'm sure they assumed that most people might feel invested in their ranks and stay. Sadly, this isn't the case. I wish they'd remove the update, and just let us play the damn game without silly gimmicks like the good ol H2 Shark....READY TO BITE! CHOMP!

• Upvote (+1) 2
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Ive been dying to play and it was fine till i installed this shark shit for the ranks. Is there a way to clear up the log in information so i can just register a new account? I keep getting this error....

90c4le.png

• Upvote (+1) 2

Yes, you can still connect to the unranked servers or any other server without H2 Shark. We are aware that there may be some kind of issue linked to using Shark, however, not everyone is experiencing an FPS drop/network lag. 

Yeah the whole "update" seemed a little unnecessary really. MCC is right around the corner. Most people who play on the servers will talk about their discontent and the issues. There is lag whenever someone joins and then quits because they don't have the patch. Seems like an attempt to try and keep players when MCC comes out. I'm sure they assumed that most people might feel invested in their ranks and stay. Sadly, this isn't the case. I wish they'd remove the update, and just let us play the damn game without silly gimmicks like the good ol H2 Shark....READY TO BITE! CHOMP!

I commented on your reddit reply. Shark is a part of a project that was first worked on years ago. When we first mentioned ranks were possible, many people were wanting to see it unfold. Yes, there have been some issues, but this is a beta build and we are very well aware of the problems some users are having, and they will be addressed. We are also aware of FPS and crashing issues that some users have experienced and will have them fixed during the next update.

Shark is not an ultimate "save H2V" approach for the long run for MCC. I am planning to play MCC full time as well as many of us who have devoted time to help people play Halo 2 Vista. Your negativity especially towards a beta is not needed, only constructive criticism. The goal is to create an emulated matchmaking experience which the servers are not running yet, ranks will be reset once we are fully ready to get out of beta, as we are aware of join lag that has ruined the fun of playing. I have experienced it first hand, so I know as well as others.

For the time being, there are unranked servers and private matches that you can still use to play games if you do wish to play on our servers. It is not a necessity to play on them if you are having a bad time playing. 

Also, there is no reason at all for you to -rep my posts when they are clearly helping others with questions. Grow up and stop being disrespectful. 

Ive been dying to play and it was fine till i installed this shark shit for the ranks. Is there a way to clear up the log in information so i can just register a new account? I keep getting this error....

All you have to do is click Register and then use the gamertag that you are trying to sign into. One registration is needed per gamertag, so that we can load your rank data appropriately, and eventually launch our stats page. 

• Upvote (+1) 3
  • Downvote (-1) 2

hey i have installed everything that is required, yet when i start the game

up i get an error sceeen saying that msvcp110.dll isnt installed. It is installed and i

have tried multiple times to download various copies of the file and repair the

Microsoft visual c++

any advice?

my game just sits at trying to load a map (mainly midship) but it can load lockout / burial grounds, which are all i've tried so far

any idea what the problem is?

hey i have installed everything that is required, yet when i start the game

up i get an error sceeen saying that msvcp110.dll isnt installed. It is installed and i

have tried multiple times to download various copies of the file and repair the

Microsoft visual c++

any advice?

NNurzo just had the same issue, you already tried reinstalling this, right? http://www.microsoft.com/en-au/download/details.aspx?id=30679

This is the only library that is really required by H2 since it is a 32-bit game. Reboot your computer after installing and if that does not work, we can go from there.

my game just sits at trying to load a map (mainly midship) but it can load lockout / burial grounds, which are all i've tried so far

any idea what the problem is?

That is the first time I have seen map loading issues with H2V. Have you checked C:\Program Files\Microsoft Games\Halo 2\Maps and see if all of these maps are in the folder? Worse case scenario you may have to reinstall the game, perhaps either the download was corrupted causing some of the maps files to be corrupted as well, or there was a write error when installing and caused a file corruption that way. Give both a go and let me know if that fixes it.

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

That is the first time I have seen map loading issues with H2V. Have you checked C:\Program Files\Microsoft Games\Halo 2\Maps and see if all of these maps are in the folder? Worse case scenario you may have to reinstall the game, perhaps either the download was corrupted causing some of the maps files to be corrupted as well, or there was a write error when installing and caused a file corruption that way. Give both a go and let me know if that fixes it.

actually yeah that seems to be the problem

edit:

nevermind i figured it out, thanks a lot

• Upvote (+1) 1

The audio issue is affecting a very small group at the moment only you guys and one other person has reported, we are looking into it though.

I too developed the audio issue today, I deleted the audio files and used the PCID changer and it worked, but then I have a ffa server 1 dropping issue and crashing issues as well on another server

I too developed the audio issue today, I deleted the audio files and used the PCID changer and it worked, but then I have a ffa server 1 dropping issue and crashing issues as well on another server

Were you able to get everything situated? I noticed you were playing earlier 

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Were you able to get everything situated? I noticed you were playing earlier

Idk if the pcid cleared out something but after restarting multiple times it finally worked, I do wanna thank you guys behind the scenes making all this possible btw.

To this FPS issue, I have tried for 2 days to emulate this on my end and I cannot. I get a constant 60 FPS using the patch.

So please tell me these details if you are getting FPS issue.

First go to System Requirements Lab and tell me if your computer can run it either on minimum or recommended.

Secondly please provide the video card you have.

And third please tell me if you are using vsync or not, and an fps limiter or not.

Example
1: I pass recommended
2: Nvidia GTX 650 Mobility
3: Using vsync, no fps limiter.

So everyone having FPS issues please give me these details.

"I have noticed everyone who is experiencing crashing has been using the "torrent" version of the game."

First off, I want to thank you guys for helping me in teamspeak with my crashing issues. I was crashing whenever I tried to join a game and by deleting the dsound.dll's, I was able to play. However, it was not the torrented version of the game that was causing me to crash. I originally had the torrented version and had the issue but even after installing the cd version with an iso, I still encountered that crashing issue. Again though, the removal of the dsound files seemed to have fixed it. I just wanted to make sure you knew about that. (The crashing occurred with vanilla game or game running via shark), now both work beautifully so again, thanks!

Like a few people in the past few pages of discussion, I am only encountering FPS issues which I did discuss a bit with you guys on TS and I'm aware you are working on the issue. Game starts at 60fps and then gets progressively worse. Here is that information you requested to hopefully help you find a fix.

• I passed recommended settings in everything but OS of course since I am running Windows 8.1 64-bit
  • Video Card: GeForce GTX 860M (I have a laptop)
  • Vsync: On
  • I am running an FPS Limiter, NvidiaInspector, I have the H2 Frame Rate Limiter set to 58 fps ( might improve inputlag on vsync 60hz ), Vsync set to Force on.

I will try and check with this daily in case you need more info from me.

To this FPS issue, I have tried for 2 days to emulate this on my end and I cannot. I get a constant 60 FPS using the patch.

So please tell me these details if you are getting FPS issue.

First go to System Requirements Lab and tell me if your computer can run it either on minimum or recommended.

Secondly please provide the video card you have.

And third please tell me if you are using vsync or not, and an fps limiter or not.

Example

1: I pass recommended

2: Nvidia GTX 650 Mobility

3: Using vsync, no fps limiter.

So everyone having FPS issues please give me these details.

1. I pass recommended other than using Windows 8.1.

2. Radeon 7970.

3. Forced vsync through RadeonPro, no FPS Limiter. I tried using FPS Limiter once but I'm not sure I got it to work right since nothing changed.

NNurzo just had the same issue, you already tried reinstalling this, right? http://www.microsoft.com/en-au/download/details.aspx?id=30679

This is the only library that is really required by H2 since it is a 32-bit game. Reboot your computer after installing and if that does not work, we can go from there.

Yeah, man tried all that. Just tried rebooting to see if it helped, but nothing....

We just realized what was wrong and we are fixing it now. Sorry about that. Should be working in a couple of minutes.

EDIT: Try to register now.