YoshinJaa

Repopulate Halo 2 Vista

Anybody elses audio clip together strangely in mlg ffa when all br sounds go off at once?

I have seen that occur on someone's stream before, you are vsynced right? It's nothing really big unless of course it bugs you a lot.

I just realized that the FoV is awful in Vista.. is there a way to fix that?

The client patch will have an option to switch from vista to xbox FoV. So hang tight :)

Ranks will work exactly like they did in Halo 2 for the Xbox.

We're talking about H2V and not MCC, right? Because all I get on H2V is a bunch of FFA customs with various people quitting and joining through out the match.

We're talking about H2V and not MCC, right? Because all I get on H2V is a bunch of FFA customs with various people quitting and joining through out the match.

Yes, people who quit will lose experience and potentially their current rank, and join-ins won't occur shortly after the rank patch is released.

Yes, people who quit will lose experience and potentially their current rank, and join-ins won't occur shortly after the rank patch is released.

Well shit, that's hype. ETA?

Well shit, that's hype. ETA?

Can't ETA programming sadly, but I can say that they are extremely close as long as something does not break.

I am stuck at this step 

1. Click Start or Search for Halo 2. Start the game. Press a key to launch the Windows Guide. Enter your account details to recover your profile for use in Halo 

I am using my Macbook and am running Windows 7 with virtualbox.  I got all the steps before this done.  

I am stuck at this step 

1. Click Start or Search for Halo 2. Start the game. Press a key to launch the Windows Guide. Enter your account details to recover your profile for use in Halo 

I am using my Macbook and am running Windows 7 with virtualbox.  I got all the steps before this done.  

Where exactly are you stuck at?  

When I push play the window just closes and nothing happens.  Also what do you mean by press a key to launch Windows guide? 

Check the "Hide this dialog" box and then click Play. When you reach the title menu, it will say "Halo 2 press any key to continue" just press any key to bring up the Guide, where you can then sign in.

Check the "Hide this dialog" box and then click Play. When you reach the title menu, it will say "Halo 2 press any key to continue" just press any key to bring up the Guide, where you can then sign in.

I checked the box and clicked play and the title menu did't appear.  Once I click play everything disappears and all I get is my desktop  ughh.. I will have to try again tomorrow morning.  

I checked the box and clicked play and the title menu did't appear.  Once I click play everything disappears and all I get is my desktop  ughh.. I will have to try again tomorrow morning.  

being on a VM may be the reason as some dependencies may not be loading correctly. Since you have a Macbook, you may want to look at using Bootcamp instead, where you can dual boot into Windows completely. 

Whenever I try and sign in to games for windows live this message pops up.

Can't connect to live

Error code 0x8007065b

Whenever my new PC & Xbox one arrives, i'm going to start splitting my time between Vista and XBC. It is possible to play with a XB1 controller correct? Is there anything specific i need to play?

Whenever I try and sign in to games for windows live this message pops up.

Can't connect to live

Error code 0x8007065b

Try setting the compatibility of the game's shortcut to Windows Vista SP2. This issue occurs randomly. Sometimes restarting the computer especially after installing helps big time.

Whenever my new PC & Xbox one arrives, i'm going to start splitting my time between Vista and XBC. It is possible to play with a XB1 controller correct? Is there anything specific i need to play?

Yes it is, download the latest windows updates and plug and play from there. If the drivers seem to not install, you will need to go to Major Nelson's page listed in the OP.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Try setting the compatibility of the game's shortcut to Windows Vista SP2. This issue occurs randomly. Sometimes restarting the computer especially after installing helps big time.

Is there anything else to this? I've tried both of those steps and am still getting the same error.

Edit : Signed in with some old ass account from like 2010 and it worked fine. Accepted the new terms of service and it went through instantly. Then hopped onto my current account (Account I had the problem with originally) and it went through fine as well. From what I've read on other forums , it could be a possibility with firewall incompatibilities all the way toward problems with TOS status updating depending on if you are downloading your account for the first time. Hope I can help. 

can I have the download link to halo 2 vista torrent doesnt seem to let me download it

The torrent link in the OP is the link everyone uses. Do you have a torrent client, like uTorrent?

Does the product key I used stay with the gamertag??  I want to download Halo 2 on my mac. 

Older GFWL games, like Halo 2, aren't tied to the account, rather to the computer, so you would need to make a copy of the "TItles" folder and then paste it in the same directory in AppData. If you are wondering where this folder is located, it is in "C:\Users\(username)\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Xlive\Titles" AppData may be hidden if you have not enabled show hidden folders. 

If you are experiencing the 0x8007065B error when signing in. 

• Navigate to either C:\Windows\SysWOW64\ for 64bit or C:\Windows\System32\ for a 32 bit computer.
  • Copy and paste the xlive.dll and the xlive.dll.cat files from their to the root installation folder of your Halo 2 Vista.

• Relaunch the game so it'll load the xlive.dll file.

• Upvote (+1) 1