YoshinJaa

Repopulate Halo 2 Vista

Buckness, i have the same issue. same error but instead for me. it will randomly crash during playing or when the game ends and goes back to the lobby. it crashes. idk how to fix it. i tried uninstalling everything and reinstalling from scratch and didnt work. if anyone knows how to fix it i would appreciate a answer.

I know its not my computer cause i have a Core i7 windows 7 with a Nvidia Geforce GTX 770 and 16 GB of ram. i even tried running it on a lower capability and even backtracking on drivers. nothing still works

Have you tried to re-install the game? Seems like you have a corrupt installation.

i uninstalled everything. games for windows live marketplace, halo 2 vista everything and fresh installed everything. didnt fix it. its a brand new copy of halo 2 as well

Have you tried to re-install the game? Seems like you have a corrupt installation.

i guess its just not meant to be

i guess its not cause heres a update. i uninstalled everything once again and reinstalled everything. still crashing during games. i even tried installing the latest microsoft visual C++ and that didnt even work. im all out of options

h2v stutters for me a lot and it affects my gameplay. i am wondering how i can fix this. i have the resolution on the lowest it can go, level of detail is on low, and anti aliasing is off. i have an amd graphics card and it is up to date . 

I can't use XBC for some reason.  I played two games, and it has never successfully connected me to another game ever since then.  So I am going to get it for Vista.  But I have one question before I buy.  I'm going to get Batman off of Steam.  But it only has the GOTY edition available.

I see for Fallout you added both the regular version and the GOTY edition.  So my guess is that it doesn't work.  Please let me know

Cheers for the reply mate. Are you an aussie that was in customs earlier?

I have three uses left on my code. Inbox and I'll give to first three if anyone's interested.

Yeah bro,

Chuck us an add if ya like. GT is Bulkzor

Nevermind, that was a 6 not a G I wrote!  But its not working anyway.  "Failed to initialize" I might need to reinstall the game it said. 

Nevermind, that was a 6 not a G I wrote!  But its not working anyway.  "Failed to initialize" I might need to reinstall the game it said. 

Do you have games for windows live marketplace installed?

Does Halo 2 Vista support Custom Maps?

Want to play Derelict or Tombstone? Even Chill Out or Damnation? Check out custom maps here: http://h2v.halomaps.org/index.cfm?pg=6&sid=10

To install custom maps go to Documents/My Games/Halo 2/Maps and extract the .map file there. 

Would have tried Damnation or Chill Out, but they are not available anymore. 

h2v stutters for me a lot and it affects my gameplay. i am wondering how i can fix this. i have the resolution on the lowest it can go, level of detail is on low, and anti aliasing is off. i have an amd graphics card and it is up to date .

Have you tried going from full screen to windowed? Do you run it as admin? Tried compatibility mode?

Wow.  I just bought Kane & Lynch because I didn't feel like waiting.  The product key is not valid.... WTF?

You do not enter your Games for Windows Live  AKA KANE AND LYNCH serial when the game asks you to activate right after install. The Kane and Lynch serial is used later once you are inside the Halo 2 game and are trying to get into the Games for Live service.

Just so i can ****** proof it for you:

1. Download the game and extract it to it's respective folder.
  2. Start startup and click Customize Game Install.
  3. Select Full Install, Do Not Start, and click Next.
  4. If you have not already phone activated, a Product Activation window will appear shortly. Put in this key 8784Q-W6F92-DHQ7R-P3PKV-7DM8F and click Next.
  5. It will say attempting to connect online. Shortly after a activation error will occur, followed by 3 options. Select Activate by Telephone.
  6. Select the United States as the Region. Call the 1-866-740-1256 Toll-Free number. You can also use Gmail or Google+ Hangouts to make the call via VoIP if you want to avoid toll charges for those outside of the United States. This process is through a automated system and takes about 5 minutes to complete. Just follow its instructions. Once blocks A-H are filled in, click Next. Should see "Halo 2 for Windows Vista was Successfully Activated". The installation should be near or already completed.
  7. Launch the game and sign into Xbox Live. This is usually the home button. It will ask you to activate Halo 2 and this is where you use your Kane and Lynch. 
  • Upvote (+1) 1

Have you tried going from full screen to windowed? Do you run it as admin? Tried compatibility mode?

that is your nvidia drivers. Try going into Windows control panel and enabling/disabling vsync and turing on/off other global controls. You should be able to select Halo 2 as an application and change settings, but this is not what we are after. I think what is important is that you control the global(pc wide) nvidia controls.

hi guy can anyone dm me or post a valid product key? i cant get any of the cracked versions to work.  thank you!

I tried entering the one from the toll free number as well.  That had "exceeded its uses" is what I remember.  I bought Kane and Lynch after that to try.  This is a new cpu too, I don't have any games on it other than CSGO and Chess 2 The Sequel.  When I click the startup it brings me to a little screen with 3 options I think: Map Editor, Ded Servers I think, and Play Halo 2.  After I click "Play Halo" it sends me a message about the settings not being optimal, I click Run Anyway and it brings me to the Start Up screen.  I can log in with two different Microsoft Live Accounts.  The one serial number from the toll free method says that that serial number exceeded its uses, the other one prompts a message from Microsoft telling me it "Failed to Initialize"

Well, that was yesterday.  I tried again and it doesn't even take me to the start screen, I don't even hear the intro music.  Its just failed to initialize before I get there now.

Hey - I've got a valid key bought but can't get passed installation. Looked through all the help threads but no-one else seems to have my problem...

Once I've downloaded the file and I load up the startup.exe, click the installation and pick "full install only, do not start"... nothing happens? I get a small loading symbol on my cursor for about 3 seconds, then it disappears and nothing happens. I've tried lots of different ways of doing it including running as admin and changing compatibility mode to windows vista, but still nothing.

Any help please would be appreciated - thanks.

yeah ive tried all of that. i guess my desktop is just too shitty. my latop seems to run it better, i guess because its newer. i got really good frames on it one time and then they stopped being as good after that. 

that is your nvidia drivers. Try going into Windows control panel and enabling/disabling vsync and turing on/off other global controls. You should be able to select Halo 2 as an application and change settings, but this is not what we are after. I think what is important is that you control the global(pc wide) nvidia controls.

its amd