YoshinJaa

Repopulate Halo 2 Vista

I bought a windows key but it hasnt came yet. If anyone wants to throw a key my way id be glad to share the one i get. Thanks. Also, i can sign in with my xbox live id right?

Yes you can use your Live account.

Can someone provide some assistance? I followed the instructions. I'm pretty sure I did it all correctly. lol My "live" and "network" selections are both greyed out. What can cause this?

Can someone provide some assistance? I followed the instructions. I'm pretty sure I did it all correctly. lol My "live" and "network" selections are both greyed out. What can cause this?

Did you complete the phone activation? That part is what controls Live and Network options.

bumper jumper will be in mcc on every game right? jw wasnt there a way to use bumper jumper on h2v? i think i remember seeing either mikwen or saucey use it a couple years ago. i know u can mod your sensitivity to 11-100 on h2v, so bumper jumper doesnt seem so far fetched...

I like the MLG FFA servers, but this shot drop is getting kinda ridiculous. 1 game had 3 fights lost because of dropped shots. 

explain about droipped shots how bad is it? also i saw one of the MLG servers had a patch to fix that or am i mistaken?

I had used the product key and method in the original post with the phone activation and it worked fine but I haven't played in a week or so and now it says the product has exceeded its uses, so do I need a real product key now?  Can anybody share?

I had used the product key and method in the original post with the phone activation and it worked fine but I haven't played in a week or so and now it says the product has exceeded its uses, so do I need a real product key now?  Can anybody share?

Did you select Try Again right after it says exceeded? It is probably assuming the key you used for the phone activation still. Just clear it out and paste in your bought key.

I like the MLG FFA servers, but this shot drop is getting kinda ridiculous. 1 game had 3 fights lost because of dropped shots. 

It is really sad, because the game plays incredibly well on a good server with local players. The problem is there are no alternatives. There is for example no European server that's why always 1/3rd of the players on the MLG servers are European. (Of course strongly depending on the time - not at night).

There's currently one EU server, but at this point most people I talked with just completely ignore it. It's named "A 0 0 0 0 033" and the settings are really random. Constant mix of gametypes and the main issue: No player limit. That means there's always join-lag, and always people joining in the middle of a team-game. 

If they'd name EU / European Server or something and have a decent playlist (MLG would rock, but no FFA/Team Games constantly mixed) then I'm sure many people would just play there. 

Another problem seems to be that some people don't even know that you can host your own games either.  

does anyone got an extra key use for me i finally got this SoB working on my comp it was a struggle on win7 64 bit

ok so i got the product key from kayne and lynch and its not valid so i legitimately wasted 7 bucks, maybe you should take that option down because i just threw away money

Did you select Try Again right after it says exceeded? It is probably assuming the key you used for the phone activation still. Just clear it out and paste in your bought key.

I bought a key and it works again.  Can't wait to compete tonight.

does anyone got an extra key use for me i finally got this SoB working on my comp it was a struggle on win7 64 bit

i got chu

ok so i got the product key from kayne and lynch and its not valid so i legitimately wasted 7 bucks, maybe you should take that option down because i just threw away money

no. That product key is to be used once you are inside the game, playing it and signing into the Xbox Live menu. 

I am sure what happened is you tried to "activate now" in Windows when you were installing the game. You have to use the generic serial...

8784Q-W6F92-DHQ7R-P3PKV-7DM8F 

...and then do an automated phone activation to get past it. Once you get the Halo 2 game client working, you can later use that Kane and Lynch code to verify with Xbox live. It asks you the first time you get to the H2 main menu and try to sign in.

I feel like the dropped shots are really bad even in a custom in the same city. When I 1v1 my friend in the same zip code the host is absolutely dominant and its not even close. I can't hit shots out of scope well.

I bought a key and it works again.  Can't wait to compete tonight.

See you there dude ;)

It's just awesome playing H2 again.

Try being a West Coast player in these FFA servers  :goat:

Nah, even if the hit confirm isn't perfect, like many others said it's still great to be playing H2 again. I find the issue with snipe more than BR anyway. But in FFA's, killing the guy P3 seems a lot more difficult than it should be due to the hit confirm.

I have a massive issue with the (former) DLC maps. I remember that they were shitty back in H2 already. All of them play horribly.

My framerate is a constant 60fps, but on DLC maps like Warlock it drops to 15-25fps and is unplayable. It really sucks and I don't know how they fucked these maps up so badly. In Halo 2 on Xbox it was impossible to play Splitscreen Warlock, because the Xbox couldn't keep up.

Same with my Laptop and H2V. I can't be the only one?

Hey, I just installed with a legit key but the game keeps asking me if I want to update... I click yes, it seems like it's updating, the game closes, and when I open it again, it asks me for the same update... So basically the game is telling me I need to update everytime I launch it but it never installs it... I tried manually installing the 2 patches from http://www.strategyinformer.com/pc/patches/halo2/patch.html and they both supposedly installed successfully, but I still can't get past the update prompt? Anyone knows how to fix this?

PS: I didn't use the torrent in the OP, but I would like some help to just fix this one, so my key doesn't go to waste  :(

Hey, I just installed with a legit key but the game keeps asking me if I want to update... I click yes, it seems like it's updating, the game closes, and when I open it again, it asks me for the same update... So basically the game is telling me I need to update everytime I launch it but it never installs it... I tried manually installing the 2 patches from http://www.strategyinformer.com/pc/patches/halo2/patch.html and they both supposedly installed successfully, but I still can't get past the update prompt? Anyone knows how to fix this?

PS: I didn't use the torrent in the OP, but I would like some help to just fix this one, so my key doesn't go to waste  :(

The same thing happened to me and i did it a couple times and eventually it worked. How many times have you tried doing the update?

The same thing happened to me and i did it a couple times and eventually it worked. How many times have you tried doing the update?

Something like 3-4 times, and doing it again right now... So should I try doing it until it works?

Btw, did this happen to you after you tried downloading your xbox live profile? For me, my profile never downloads, I have to sign in everytime I reopen H2V, it says downloading profile for a few seconds but the progress bar doesn't move, then it tells me about the update but my gamertag is never recovered when I open H2V again, and it asks me for the update again...