YoshinJaa

Repopulate Halo 2 Vista

Hi, Yoshi, do you have any troubles joining your friends?

The game's perfectly working but i can't join my friend our ports are both open, Key's valid and we did everything (Acitivation by phone call) but it's impossible for us to join to each other as you can see : http://prntscr.com/422z5y (Not avalaible)

Did you see any of those issues? 

Edit: We tried to join a game hosted by someone esle, when he's joining the game im booted from the game. Same for him.

Here are my ports btw : http://prntscr.com/423k29

I still get an error from http://www.canyouseeme.org/ when i check my followings ports a part from the 80 : http://prntscr.com/423khd

I don't know if that's something to do with my/our problems but we can't play :(

Hi ZANKI0H,

I usually don't have issues connecting to friends, unless it is NAT related. I do not have my ports forwarded because I cannot based on my ISP. However, make sure that you and your friend's NAT is open, and if Windows Firewall is on, make sure that halo2.exe is added to the exceptions list. This is one of the leading reasons why you may have trouble connecting to others. Check your firewall and NAT and let me know. On another note, I am in the middle of uploading my last video guide right now, so I do recommend uninstalling and following the newer guide when it becomes available shortly. 

EDIT: Also, you have tried to connect to each other using a dedicated server as the middle-man? 

Hi ZANKI0H,

I usually don't have issues connecting to friends, unless it is NAT related. I do not have my ports forwarded because I cannot based on my ISP. However, make sure that you and your friend's NAT is open, and if Windows Firewall is on, make sure that halo2.exe is added to the exceptions list. This is one of the leading reasons why you may have trouble connecting to others. Check your firewall and NAT and let me know. On another note, I am in the middle of uploading my last video guide right now, so I do recommend uninstalling and following the newer guide when it becomes available shortly. 

EDIT: Also, you have tried to connect to each other using a dedicated server as the middle-man? 

Thanks for the answer. So yeah like i said i put the right ports in my admin pannel (same for my friend) but on http://www.canyouseeme.org/ as you can see on my previous screenshot it seems like it's not working. But everything said is done :/

We tried to connect to a middle server/dedicated server but either him or me can't join. If my friend's joining me (in the same game) him or me's getting booted instantly from the game so i'm not really sure what's going on.

We did everything - tried to uninstall, apply the fix, worked on ports issues by watching tutorials etc but nothing seems to be working in our case.

I'll wait for your new video then - i have hosted an FFA it seems like some people can join me (random people) from the list. I can't join a lot of games my self or i'm still getting booted from it after a couple minutes 4/5.

I've talked to a guy who joined me 2 times but that's not working every time for him too so yeah i'll wait for MCC i guess :(

OP updated with my final video guide and FAQ's. This should fix disconnection issues permanently. I have tested this new method with other forum members, with great success. You will need to follow the video and text guide carefully as it contains a segment about editing the registry. ALWAYS backup your registry before editing it. I AM NOT RESPONSIBLE if your computer becomes damaged. If there are issues with product keys displaying as invalid, please let me know.

Shout-out to forum member, @@nzlpablo for donating a product key to the community. This guy is a true hero :)

Also, be sure to check out my dedicated server thread on how to host a Halo 2 server. Being able to host servers is one of the greater features of this game. If you have a server running let me know here:
http://teambeyond.net/forum/index.php?/topic/6152-how-to-setup-a-halo-2-vista-dedicated-server/

Looking for others to play Halo 2 Vista customs? Visit this thread:
http://teambeyond.net/forum/index.php?/topic/6143-halo-2-pc-ffa8s-or-customs-gt-list/

Give me the time to reinstall Windows 7 and i'll be in (my xbox 360 ethernet port is broken so I'll play only H2 PC).

One question: do you play with 360 controller or what?

Give me the time to reinstall Windows 7 and i'll be in (my xbox 360 ethernet port is broken so I'll play only H2 PC).

One question: do you play with 360 controller or what?

I am sure mostly, if not everyone here plays with a XOne or 360 controller. I play with a 360 controller, just like placing the xbox version except I believe there is reduced aim assist.

I am sure mostly, if not everyone here plays with a XOne or 360 controller. I play with a 360 controller, just like placing the xbox version except I believe there is reduced aim assist.

Well if you can play well with few aim assist, then you'll be a boss on the MCC.

GT - Zejik

Thank You! Been looking for people to play Halo 2 Pc with for awhile. 

You guys are amazing.. Halo 2 is def the best FPS of all time. I can play it over and over for days on end. THANK YOU!!!

GAMERTAG :  xSICx SM0K3       the (0) is a zero

When I play sometimes my inputs get messed up-- a clear B to melee will register as if I pressed a different button. I don't know how to fix it 

Yeah been having similar problems as other people with being disconnected.

d463821f56.jpg

This is becoming all too familiar.  Been having trouble staying connected for a whole game as well.

Edit:  I didnt see you had made a new video.  should be trying it tomorrow.

so ive tried this as a new installer of halo 2, and as a previous installer of halo 2. both times after following all the steps carefully the keys provided in the h2 activation download dont work. it always tells me the keys have been used.

any tips would be nice.

if anything thanks for the guide seems like a lot of people have been succesful.

Hey guys, I thought I would put this query in the relevant thread.

I have played Halo 2 pc in the past and didn't seem to notice any issues, however I installed it on my high spec PC again just now and I am seeing weird things. I tried using both mouse and keyboard, as well as an xbox one controller plugged in via usb and the game ran really slow. Not framerates, they were fine (I even tried turning Vsync ON to lock the frames at 60fps rather than running higher).

The actual movement speed was so slow. I had it side by side with H2 on xbox and it had significantly slower base speed.

I was also messing around with BXB on a half empty clip and it wouldnt register the 2nd B button press if I did it too quickly, which I thought was weird. Has anyone heard or seen any of this?

(i5 processor, GTX 770 2GB OC. 8GB ram etc on win 8.1)

Yeah been having similar problems as other people with being disconnected.

This is becoming all too familiar. Been having trouble staying connected for a whole game as well.

Edit: I didnt see you had made a new video. should be trying it tomorrow.

Let me know if you get it installed, this will let me know if the keys are messing up for everyone.

so ive tried this as a new installer of halo 2, and as a previous installer of halo 2. both times after following all the steps carefully the keys provided in the h2 activation download dont work. it always tells me the keys have been used.

any tips would be nice.

if anything thanks for the guide seems like a lot of people have been succesful.

Since you came from a previous guide, did you download the newer h2 pc activation file in the OP? Also, did the telephone activation activate your game and did you merge the xox.reg file and replace the PCID? Go to your game directory, C:\Program Files\Microsoft Games\Halo 2, and let me know if MF.dll is in there. I haven't had any reports of activation issues until now.

Hey guys, I thought I would put this query in the relevant thread.

I have played Halo 2 pc in the past and didn't seem to notice any issues, however I installed it on my high spec PC again just now and I am seeing weird things. I tried using both mouse and keyboard, as well as an xbox one controller plugged in via usb and the game ran really slow. Not framerates, they were fine (I even tried turning Vsync ON to lock the frames at 60fps rather than running higher).

The actual movement speed was so slow. I had it side by side with H2 on xbox and it had significantly slower base speed.

I was also messing around with BXB on a half empty clip and it wouldnt register the 2nd B button press if I did it too quickly, which I thought was weird. Has anyone heard or seen any of this?

(i5 processor, GTX 770 2GB OC. 8GB ram etc on win 8.1)

Can you set -novsync? To do so, create a shortcut of the halo2.exe file, and then right-click on the shortcut and click properties. Under the shortcut tab, you will see Target: "C:\Program Files\Microsoft Games\Halo2\halo2.exe" set it to:

"C:\Program Files\Microsoft Games\Halo 2\halo2.exe" -novsync

This improved my performance on win8.1 greatly, but it could be solely because of my video card. Your specs are in range of the game requirements so try that out first and get back to me.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Let me know if you get it installed, this will let me know if the keys are messing up for everyone.

Since you came from a previous guide, did you download the newer h2 pc activation file in the OP? Also, did the telephone activation activate your game and did you merge the xox.reg file and replace the PCID? Go to your game directory, C:\Program Files\Microsoft Games\Halo 2, and let me know if MF.dll is in there. I haven't had any reports of activation issues until now. 

Can you set -novsync? To do so, create a shortcut of the halo2.exe file, and then right-click on the shortcut and click properties. Under the shortcut tab, you will see Target: "C:\Program Files\Microsoft Games\Halo2\halo2.exe" set it to: 

"C:\Program Files\Microsoft Games\Halo 2\halo2.exe" -novsync

This improved my performance on win8.1 greatly, but it could be solely because of my video card. Your specs are in range of the game requirements so try that out fist and get back to me.

Yes i did all of that, and MF.dll is in there.

YoshinJaa,

Having problem with new method. I started on new Windows 7, followed guide. But it says Key is in use or registered to another windows live id. The new guide says nothing about mf.dll, so i tried it with and without mf.dll in the specified folder.

If anyone needs keys to try just pm me.  My gta 4 steam key worked and I believe it was only the 2nd time I ever used that key to activate.  I may have a few other gfwl keys on my steam account to try.  I'll have no use for them after MCC arrives. 

Sorry you guys are having so many problems getting in game.  I followed Yoshin's guide and got in relatively issue free.  Yoshin -  you are a saint for this massive assist and also...that was a kick ass 4v4 room we had going Friday night!  ;)

YoshinJaa,

Having problem with new method. I started on new Windows 7, followed guide. But it says Key is in use or registered to another windows live id. The new guide says nothing about mf.dll, so i tried it with and without mf.dll in the specified folder.

I am still trying to figure out if majority people are having issues with activation, or if it is isolated issues. Also, after looking into the game installation files more in depth, the .torrent and the 38-split files already install MF.dll to the game folder during installation, that is why I no longer included it as a step (to reduce instructions).

Now, for anyone who just tried this method within the last two days, I need you guys to let me know if you are running into the same problem during the part when you sign in and enter the product key. Just let me know if you activated or it didn't work either so I can determine if the issue is the registry file or just the keys.

For those of you who are attempting to use this guide, even if it fails please fill out this form: https://docs.google.com/forms/d/1A-CDGQevjs8cbQZpgm8kk-tlmRqHLdlydd0XSAPcD58/viewform

It is critical to fill it out so that I can determine future issues.

If anyone needs keys to try just pm me.  My gta 4 steam key worked and I believe it was only the 2nd time I ever used that key to activate.  I may have a few other gfwl keys on my steam account to try.  I'll have no use for them after MCC arrives. 

Sorry you guys are having so many problems getting in game.  I followed Yoshin's guide and got in relatively issue free.  Yoshin -  you are a saint for this massive assist and also...that was a kick ass 4v4 room we had going Friday night!  ;)

Steam keys probably won't work unless it is a 5x5 key. If you would like, PM me the keys so I can test them and if it works, I can update the keys list. Thank you, and yeah had a blast Fri! 

eE5lpbE.png

I get this when I try and start h2. I've installed GFWL too. It also changes my res to the lowest setting (windows) for some reason.