YoshinJaa

Repopulate Halo 2 Vista

Hmm ok well could you reinstall the game for me please. I have a key in case yours' is expired.

And then run it without ever using shark. and tell me how it plays etcetera....

It's best if you quote whoever you're talking to. If you are talking to me: I did a system restore and it works again perfectly.

@@Shady IIV

I'm sorry this site works like crap on IE, and I can't really quote people.

Anyways I'm glad it's all working for you, I'd like to try and set up shark for you just to see whats going on. If you have time could you talk to me in teamspeak?

@@aaPregnantNun

Ok so is it still crashing? or what? Also could you as well come into teamspeak so I can see these issues.

I use teamviewer so if you guys don't have that please get it. It just lets me view your desktop and stuff so I can see these errors and find ways to fix them.

ok deleted the dsound.dlls and i still have sound. i tried this multiple times and  im still getting disconnects/crashes after a few mins in the mlg servers only, im convinced its a problem on the mlg servers end. 

Try connecting to FFA 6 and 7 and seeing if it is still a problem.

Are the ranks getting reset? Trying to figure out whether I should keep playing or just give up once Destiny drops haha

Are the ranks getting reset? Trying to figure out whether I should keep playing or just give up once Destiny drops haha

Yes, ranks are getting reset as this is a beta before emulated matchmaking. Once that drops, there will no longer be any resets to rankings. 

Ok so is it still crashing? or what? Also could you as well come into teamspeak so I can see these issues.

We can do that tomorrow. It's 4am, so I'm off. Figure it will probably take a while...

@@aaPregnantNun

When you run the launcher, before you hit play, go into the halo 2 installation folder delete the 2 dsound dll's then hit play game.

Tell me what happens.

To fix the disconnect issue go to http://www.halo2vista.com/update/PCIDchanger.zip

and merge that file.

after i did this i noticed the dsound.dlls reset to their original state before i did the solution for the no sound bug, because the dsound.dlls were using their original names i had no crashes or disconnects in the mlg servers. except now i have no sound...i feel def HELP

No Audio Workaround for H2 Shark

Go to C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Games\Halo 2 and switch the names of _dsound.dll and dsound.dll (so _dsound should be named dsound and dsound should be renamed _dsound). If your game crashes after renaming, let me know.

this solution to the no sound bug is causing my crashes/disconnects in-game. i have no crashes or disconnects if i reverse this "solution".

CAN I HAZ SOUND WITH NO CRASHES/DISCONNECTS? PLZ.

after i did this i noticed the dsound.dlls reset to their original state before i did the solution for the no sound bug, because the dsound.dlls were using their original names i had no crashes or disconnects in the mlg servers. except now i have no sound...i feel def HELP

this solution to the no sound bug is causing my crashes/disconnects in-game. i have no crashes or disconnects if i reverse this "solution".

CAN I HAZ SOUND WITH NO CRASHES/DISCONNECTS? PLZ.

Then try the Revo Uninstaller guide I posted a page back, so far people are having a positive experience now.

Ok I have tried this with 7 people so far and I don't know how stable this is but because I love you all here it is.

Navigate to the install folder of Halo 2, then open the launcher or aka shark. Then delete the 2 dsound dll files within the halo 2 installation folder. Then hit play in shark.

I don't know if you will crash when getting ranks or not most people haven't. If you don't then I'm just going to make an update to remove our proxy loaders through dsound. The crashing seems to be directly related to the dsound dll files not compatible with all computer systems. It's compatible with most but not all.

Please post back here with success or failure and I will keep trying my best to cater everyone.

So I followed these instructions, and I can play! Just not in the Mlg servers :/

So I followed these instructions, and I can play! Just not in the Mlg servers :/

What happen ? instant boot ? boot after a few minutes or it crash when joining ?

Example: One FFA game: Feels like I'm playing on a XB1 (60FPS) at the beginning of the match. Feels like I'm playing on a shitty xbox (10 FPS) by the end of that one FFA game.

I am experiencing exactly the same

windows 8

ATI AMD Radeon HD 6800 series 1gb

Then try the Revo Uninstaller guide I posted a page back, so far people are having a positive experience now.

did you mean this?

For those of you with the torrent version of the game and are having numerous issues I would like you to try these steps with a clean ISO upload instead:

1. Download a Halo 2 ISO from either Drive or Mega; links are in the OP. Once downloaded, right click on the .rar file and select "Extract to Labyrinth - Syzygy" OR you can rename the file first to "Halo 2 ISO" and then Extract it
  2. Download and install DaemonTools Lite Free (in OP) or another compatible image mounting program 
  3. Download Revo Uninstaller http://download.cnet.com/Revo-Uninstaller/3000-2096_4-10687648.html and install it
  4. If you have activated the game with a legit/purchased key backup the key first by going to C:\Users\(users)\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Xlive\Titles and copying the folder(s) inside of Titles somewhere else like the Desktop
  5. Launch Revo. Select Halo 2 for Windows Vista from the list and uninstall it. Set it to Advanced uninstall
  6. Revo will create a system restore point first and then proceed to uninstall the game through the game's uninstaller
  7. Once done, you will proceed to a Leftover Information screen. Click on Select All and then Delete, afterwards click Next
  8. You will probably see another window listing various directories, click Select All again and then Delete. This will delete your player profile (which contains your armor color, icons, and control scheme).
  9. The un-installation and registry cleaning is now complete.
  10. Open up DaemonTools Lite. Click on the '+DT' icon hover over it and it should say Add DT Virtual Drive
  11. Once a drive is created, right-click on it and select Mount. Browse to the Halo 2.iso file and click Open
  12. DaemonTools may automatically pop up an AutoPlay window. If so, click on Run startup.exe and begin the Halo 2 installation as normal (Customize Game Install > Full Install, Do Not Start). If DaemonTools does not pop an AutoPlay window, browse to your Computer and locate the Virtual Drive letter, usually starts with F:\ or G:\ drive and double-click it.
  13. Once completed, if you were using a legit key, copy and paste the copied folder back into 'TItles'
  14. Launch H2Launcher, select Play Game > Login (assuming you have already registered before)

These are some lengthy steps, but I need several people to try this out. Once there are some good reports, I will make a video on the WHOLE process of installing H2 via an ISO and using H2 Shark at the same time. 

i did this and i still have no sound. please help i want to play with in-game sound.  btw i know my speakers are working bc i am playing music through my pc.

Hey everyone who was experiencing the instant boot glitch, please try joining the servers now. I believe I may have solved the issue, sorry for the inconvenience.

I have noticed lately that some people will AFK in servers for a long time, basically making the server unplayable in because teams will be unfair (also sucks for FFA too).  Anyway to boot these people?

I have noticed lately that some people will AFK in servers for a long time, basically making the server unplayable in because teams will be unfair (also sucks for FFA too).  Anyway to boot these people?

Not a huge issue right now but yeah, there should be some kind of anti AFK ingame so it kicks afk players, sometime you get stuck with an afk players for hours if not days !

@cizzats, I played you today, you are very damn good, and keep doing your youtube videos, its what made me come back :)

I have never had so much trouble with anything as much as I'm having trouble with this update. It works, and it doesn't work. I do a fix, and it stops fixing it. I can join, then I can't. Then I'm kicked mid-game. Then I re-install five times and use legit CD keys and nothing works.

It was with a good heart this was implemented, but I really just want to play the game instead of spending 5 hours troubleshooting. MCC is coming out in a couple months, this would have been awesome in 2012. 

(Love the work you put into though, when it works it is really awesome.)

Not a huge issue right now but yeah, there should be some kind of anti AFK ingame so it kicks afk players, sometime you get stuck with an afk players for hours if not days !

@cizzats, I played you today, you are very damn good, and keep doing your youtube videos, its what made me come back :)

Thanks. 

For me halo 2 crashes when I try to join or create a lobby. I did delete the saved Games folder but it didnt help. Any tips how I can fix it?

Where is your game installed to? Is it in C:\program files (x86)\microsoft games\halo 2?

Go to C:\Users\(users)\AppData\Local\Microsoft\XLive\Titles and make a copy of the folder that is inside of Titles to the desktop

Uninstall the game using Revo Uninstaller http://download.cnet.com/Revo-Uninstaller/3000-2096_4-10687648.html

Install Revo and then uninstall Halo 2 using Advanced uninstall. When you get to the "leftovers" part, make sure to check All boxes to completely clear the registry. Afterwards, re-install Halo 2. 

Place the folder you copied to the desktop back to the Titles folder. Start the game with H2 Shark and select Activate > the game will update first and will then you sign into Live. Once you sign into live, click Done in the H2 Shark window to close out the game.

Start H2 Shark and select Play Game > Login. Sign back into your Live account. If you are unable to connect/getting disconnected from games, close out of the game and use PCIDchanger first, halo2vista.com/update/PCIDchanger.zip and then restart the game.  

Go to C:\Users\(user)\AppData\Local\H2PC\H2Launcher\Files and delete rank.sppf, afterwards restart the game using H2 Shark

Hi Hoke! This helped me solve the same problem you were having. :)

homBCjm.png  

Game started out instant booting me or booting me after I get a kill and now this message pops up when I try to run the game through the startup.exe or the shark.  HALP PLS

False alarm, still doesn't work. Game crashes as soon as I enter a game. Tried all the fixes again. No dice. 

Talk about incredibly frustrating. Game worked great prior to the update.

Bought a SFIV key from the cdkeyexpress.com link, tried it, and... "Can't sign in because your product key is not valid. Please enter a valid product key". Help please?