YoshinJaa

Repopulate Halo 2 Vista

I try to play but it signs me out of Windows Live every 5 - 10 minutes. It's incredibly frustrating because I can't even play campaign, it resets the checkpoints every time.

Haven't seen that occurrence before. I have only played the campaign for a short time, but the time I have played it, I did not run into sign out issues. I'll check again later today.

I thought the servers/online multiplayer for Halo 2 Vista were shut down?

The servers for H2V are still up and running. I mentioned in a post earlier, that Microsoft was planning on shutting down the Games for WIndows LIve server in July, which H2V would be one of the affected games, unless 343/Microsoft decide to update the game with new authentication server code. I am not 100% sure if this would play a role, but if the active population count rose up decently and people made aware to them that they want to keep the game running, I am sure they could do something about it. But it is totally a community driven action at this point. 

For those of you that did download the game and have it running and online multiplayer works for you, we need to start setting times that people get on, so that others can find 'competitive' games easier. I can update the OP if enough people respond with their usual time. Thank you 

• Upvote (+1) 1

Port Forwarding is

In case anyone was wondering.

• Upvote (+1) 2

Not trying to really revive a thread that is aged but... Has anyone been able to sign into the H2V recently? t seems like Games for WIndows Live is either shutdown silently or there is another issue. 

I heard somewhere that they were shutting down GFWL or H2V. I'm not 100% sure it was a legit claim, so don't quote me, but that's a good place to start looking for a solution.

I heard somewhere that they were shutting down GFWL or H2V. I'm not 100% sure it was a legit claim, so don't quote me, but that's a good place to start looking for a solution.

Yeah, I mentioned in earlier posts that this was occurring, I am wondering if anyone else is having sign in issues. I believe the shutdown was aimed for July but it was never really publicly announced.

Yeah, I mentioned in earlier posts that this was occurring, I am wondering if anyone else is having sign in issues. I believe the shutdown was aimed for July but it was never really publicly announced.

Yeah, I looked back through the forums and realized that I was thinking about Halo PC, but then there was a later post saying Bungie was going to take care of it after the servers were shut down. I didn't hear about when the new servers would be up, but one can only hope. Have you thought about XBC? I haven't set it up, but I imagine it isn't that bad. I watch Naded stream XBC from time to time and things look pretty good. Granted he has insane connection speeds, at least better than around me, but still looks fun none the less.

Yeah, I looked back through the forums and realized that I was thinking about Halo PC, but then there was a later post saying Bungie was going to take care of it after the servers were shut down. I didn't hear about when the new servers would be up, but one can only hope. Have you thought about XBC? I haven't set it up, but I imagine it isn't that bad. I watch Naded stream XBC from time to time and things look pretty good. Granted he has insane connection speeds, at least better than around me, but still looks fun none the less.

I play on XBC regularly, just checking in on the state of the online access. 

• Upvote (+1) 1

Not trying to really revive a thread that is aged but... Has anyone been able to sign into the H2V recently? t seems like Games for WIndows Live is either shutdown silently or there is another issue. 

I had no problems signing in just now.

• Upvote (+1) 1

When you say Halo PC do you mean Halo 2? Or Halo 1? Because Halo 1 was recently updated by Bungie to ensure the survival of its server list after the big Gamespy shutdown (May 31st iirc). Halo 2, on the other hand, is still online. They said twice they were going to shut it down but she's still up and running :-D

When you say Halo PC do you mean Halo 2? Or Halo 1? Because Halo 1 was recently updated by Bungie to ensure the survival of its server list after the big Gamespy shutdown (May 31st iirc). Halo 2, on the other hand, is still online. They said twice they were going to shut it down but she's still up and running :-D

I was referring to the Halo 1, but I saw it was Halo 1 PC. I then later saw the post afterwards that said Bungie was going to take over to keep it up and running. My information was off which is why I originally put the, "Don't quote me on this" part in my first post. Sorry about the misinformation if I confused anyone.

Who wants to play Halo 2 HD w/online? B)

Around what time do you normally get on so that it can better scheduled? Still trying to find some regulars  

Glad to see people are reliving H2 through XBC again, great finding easier games on their now, though I will say that for those (which is probably almost everyone) who are practicing to get a head start for H2A, I would highly recommend playing H2V. Why? Since H2A is confirmed 1080p/60FPS, Halo 2 Vista is the only Halo game (besides Halo 1 being possible to reach 60fps as well) that is 60FPS native in game and menus. H2 on Xbox and H2 on PC is definitely different. H2V is likely similar to how H2A will play out, especially how it feels and plays. My tutorial should still be good for those who are wanting to play H2V. 

I have been playing on windows 8.1 with an xbox one controller, not bad :)

• Upvote (+1) 1

I have been playing on windows 8.1 with an xbox one controller, not bad :)

Nice! I am running it on Windows 8.1 now as well, no issues with installation at all. 

For those of you with an Xbox One controller and a good computer, give it a go, closest thing to H2A for a while.

Dude, I fucked up on the crack or whatever and it basically in trial mode. I did what I did wrong and I totally uninstalled it a few weeks ago. I'm down to give it another shot because I would love to play Halo with a keyboard and mouse. Also I would have to rollback my drivers which sucks because I like to also play Planetside 2 and Watch Dogs.

Guys...I bought the game for 4.5 dollars...Theres honestly no need to pirate it...

I personally bought it too, just giving people a method of obtaining it. At this point the game could really use a population spike.

Dude, I fucked up on the crack or whatever and it basically in trial mode. I did what I did wrong and I totally uninstalled it a few weeks ago. I'm down to give it another shot because I would love to play Halo with a keyboard and mouse. Also I would have to rollback my drivers which sucks because I like to also play Planetside 2 and Watch Dogs.

I take it you are using a NVIDIA video card? If, so I definitely understand not wanting to rollback, that is a real hassle just to switch games. 

Might try and do this when i get the free time.

:Halo:

Nice! If you got it up and running what time would you normally game? Most cases people are usually more active on H2V between 6-8:30 PM EST 

• Upvote (+1) 1

Nice! If you got it up and running what time would you normally game? Most cases people are usually more active on H2V between 6-8:30 PM EST 

Not sure im more of a late night person not so much a day player but we will see.

Port Forwarding is

In case anyone was wondering.

So could that be the problem that i was not be able to join other peoples game?

Just curious how is the population for Halo 2 on XBC or XLink Kai?

XBC there's been between about 10-25 lobbies lately depending on the time of day.

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

XBC there's been between about 10-25 lobbies lately depending on the time of day.

Hmmm that's pretty decent, I think I'm going to dust my ol' Halo 2 disc off and come back!
  • Upvote (+1) 3