YoshinJaa

Repopulate Halo 2 Vista

thank you for the code i am so fucking rusty at this game though!! haha still so much fun though

i cant even go through the menu its so laggy. and i know its not the hardware cuz i have a new gtx nvidia card. i am running windows 8 any fixes

i cant even go through the menu its so laggy. and i know its not the hardware cuz i have a new gtx nvidia card. i am running windows 8 any fixes

vsync on

Btw, did this happen to you after you tried downloading your xbox live profile? For me, my profile never downloads, I have to sign in everytime I reopen H2V, it says downloading profile for a few seconds but the progress bar doesn't move, then it tells me about the update but my gamertag is never recovered when I open H2V again, and it asks me for the update again...

I think it only took me 2 or three times. But yeah it was after i signed in.

Hey, I just installed with a legit key but the game keeps asking me if I want to update... I click yes, it seems like it's updating, the game closes, and when I open it again, it asks me for the same update... So basically the game is telling me I need to update everytime I launch it but it never installs it... I tried manually installing the 2 patches from http://www.strategyinformer.com/pc/patches/halo2/patch.html and they both supposedly installed successfully, but I still can't get past the update prompt? Anyone knows how to fix this?

PS: I didn't use the torrent in the OP, but I would like some help to just fix this one, so my key doesn't go to waste  :(

Use the copy from the torrent. Make sure you reinstall the newest GFWL and don't forget to sign into GFWL in Windows. Sometimes Halo 2 has trouble launching it. Anyway, you sound like you know what youre doing so just use the good torrent and do the manual updates again just for shits and giggles as well before you launch.

Guys, if you are having troubles connecting to games with the cracked copy of the game, just buy a legit CD key. I could get it to run fine, but even with firewall disabled and ports forwarded, I still couldn't connect to most lobbies or play for more than 10 minutes without getting kicked out. Got a key from a friend, now I have no problems connecting!

This is a awesome guide! If anyone still plays add me for 1v1 and 2v2! " Antix wapes "

Just installed usiing the windows 8 method. the cheapest way was buying a cane and lynch key from steam. :)

if OP can add me to the updated players list, thank you again :D

• Upvote (+1) 1

anyone got an extra code? would really appreciate it.

I do but its not letting me send you a message for some reason

Edit: nevermind i sent it

Does anyone know if it's possible to download and install Gametypes?

I'm interested in the MLG gametypes - if someone has them and can upload them I'd be very grateful. It takes very long to manually create them one by one.

Thanks

Where are you guys playing with so many people? When i click on 'Live' there are only a couple servers that have people playing, max like 10

My stream is up....doing a rebroadcast from earlier today. twitch.tv/dorkispyscho

Does anyone know if it's possible to download and install Gametypes?

I'm interested in the MLG gametypes - if someone has them and can upload them I'd be very grateful. It takes very long to manually create them one by one.

Thanks

It is impossible to download a specific gametype since all gametypes are stored in a specific file, so yes, you will need to create them manually.

Where are you guys playing with so many people? When i click on 'Live' there are only a couple servers that have people playing, max like 10

The MLG servers are always active, and are usually full. Use Custom Match > Edit > Show Full Games to View and then search through that. You will be able to see all servers and which ones are full or not.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Finally got the game working! Can someone help me with my setup though? 

Here are some of my specs:

Operating System: Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit (6.1, Build 7600) (7600.win7_rtm.090713-1255)
Processor: Intel® Core i7-2720QM CPU @ 2.20GHz (8 CPUs), ~2.2GHz
Memory: 4096MB RAM
Card name: AMD Radeon HD 6750M
Display Memory: 2759 MB
Dedicated Memory: 1012 MB
Shared Memory: 1747 MB
Current Mode: 1440 x 900 (32 bit) (60Hz)
Native Mode: 1440 x 900(p) (59.901Hz)

it's a 15" MacBbook Pro... So far I feel like the game is not running as smooth as it should be... How should I config the video options in the game? And is there anything else I should use / disable like the "vsinc" ? Thanks!!

So I'm from the UK and I'm interested in hopping into these MLG servers on some days - will I be lagging a lot or not? Don't really want to join if it'll be a shitty experience on both ends.

EDIT: Just played a game and there's a guy with a modded controller doing quad shots every kills. Really lol

well i played literally all day today got some skill back ggs to whoever i gamed with today

So I'm from the UK and I'm interested in hopping into these MLG servers on some days - will I be lagging a lot or not? Don't really want to join if it'll be a shitty experience on both ends.

EDIT: Just played a game and there's a guy with a modded controller doing quad shots every kills. Really lol

high chance you were just lagging i played in the MLG servers all day and nothing was suspicious, there are people who can quad shot on command consistantly too i could back in 07 i imagine some people can stll do that