YoshinJaa

Repopulate Halo 2 Vista

I've tried restarting my computer and restarting my modem.  One time I got really close to finishing the profile download but it keeps crapping out saying I'm not connected to the internet when I am!  I don't have another account to download.  I could try creating a free silver account and seeing if that fixes my problem.

I've tried restarting my computer and restarting my modem.  One time I got really close to finishing the profile download but it keeps crapping out saying I'm not connected to the internet when I am!  I don't have another account to download.  I could try creating a free silver account and seeing if that fixes my problem.

I had the same issue as well. Here are some options.

1. Make sure you don't have the 2-step verification on your account. Xbox Live didn't support it at the time so it won't let you sign in.

2. Restart your game.

3. Restart your computer. (Dunno why, but this worked for me.)

• Upvote (+1) 1

Hi YoshinJaa,

First of all, I want to thank you for your amazing and unselfish level of support that you're giving to everybody. Thanks to you, I was finally able to install Halo 2 Vista without too many headaches. I played online for a few hours and it was fun for a while.

Unfortunately for me, the game is completely unplayable in its current state. Here are the problems:

1. My computer uncaps he framerate, and I can't get Vsync to do squat about it. I forced Vsync in my Catalyst Control Center, changed the halo2.exe to compatibility mode and even globally forced Vsync for everything on my computer. Nothing seemed to work, and my FPS remains uncapped. The bungie intro screen is capped at 60fps, but once it gets to the main screen my FPS jumps to 500 or so.

2. Horrible, HORRIBLE hit detection. I currently play the game using a mouse and keyboard, but sometimes center mass shots don't hit -- even with the sniper rifle! I see their shields bubble and sometimes flash, but no damage is being dealt. Changing servers doesn't seem to help much with this problem. For some reason, it seems that other players are able to 4 shot me perfectly fine but I VERY RARELY 4 shot someone back. I'm beginning to think that it's a problem with the mouse input in this game. People who are using controllers don't seem to have any problems with the hit detection. I suspect Halo 2 vista is a crappy console port and (ironically) is not meant to be played with a mouse and keyboard. Sometimes people are AFK and I have my crosshairs right on their heads and  shoot 4 BR bursts... Even with maximum precision on their heads it takes 5-6 bursts to kill them. 

For anyone who suspects this is a skill issue, I have video evidence showing just how horrible the hit registration is.

3. Strange mouse input. For some reason, the mouse input just doesn't seem... right. In any other game, I can move my mouse smoothly with precision. However, in this game, the mouse doesn't correspond 1:1 with my movements. It's very bizarre and definitely makes the game unplayable.  I suspect this is linked to the uncapped FPS causing a timing issue in the game. Or maybe it's just H2 vista being a crappy console port? I'm not sure.

Any insight or advice on how to fix these problems would be greatly appreciated. Thanks again for all of your hard work!

Okay, I got it to finally download my profile but the graphics are all messed up running super fast.  How do I fix this now?

Hi YoshinJaa,

First of all, I want to thank you for your amazing and unselfish level of support that you're giving to everybody. Thanks to you, I was finally able to install Halo 2 Vista without too many headaches. I played online for a few hours and it was fun for a while.

Unfortunately for me, the game is completely unplayable in its current state. Here are the problems:

1. My computer uncaps he framerate, and I can't get Vsync to do squat about it. I forced Vsync in my Catalyst Control Center, changed the halo2.exe to compatibility mode and even globally forced Vsync for everything on my computer. Nothing seemed to work, and my FPS remains uncapped. The bungie intro screen is capped at 60fps, but once it gets to the main screen my FPS jumps to 500 or so.

2. Horrible, HORRIBLE hit detection. I currently play the game using a mouse and keyboard, but sometimes center mass shots don't hit -- even with the sniper rifle! I see their shields bubble and sometimes flash, but no damage is being dealt. Changing servers doesn't seem to help much with this problem. For some reason, it seems that other players are able to 4 shot me perfectly fine but I VERY RARELY 4 shot someone back. I'm beginning to think that it's a problem with the mouse input in this game. People who are using controllers don't seem to have any problems with the hit detection. I suspect Halo 2 vista is a crappy console port and (ironically) is not meant to be played with a mouse and keyboard. Sometimes people are AFK and I have my crosshairs right on their heads and  shoot 4 BR bursts... Even with maximum precision on their heads it takes 5-6 bursts to kill them. 

For anyone who suspects this is a skill issue, I have video evidence showing just how horrible the hit registration is.

3. Strange mouse input. For some reason, the mouse input just doesn't seem... right. In any other game, I can move my mouse smoothly with precision. However, in this game, the mouse doesn't correspond 1:1 with my movements. It's very bizarre and definitely makes the game unplayable.  I suspect this is linked to the uncapped FPS causing a timing issue in the game. Or maybe it's just H2 vista being a crappy console port? I'm not sure.

Any insight or advice on how to fix these problems would be greatly appreciated. Thanks again for all of your hard work!

Thank you for the kind words!

PM me, I can take a look at it more in depth with Team Viewer.

Okay, I got it to finally download my profile but the graphics are all messed up running super fast.  How do I fix this now?

You would need to enable vsync at this point. Check the 2nd post in the thread and if you need additional help, let us know.

Did you use Try Again to enter the newly bought key?

Yes I did. I also contacted the seller to tell him it isn't working, but he doesn't seem to want to help or offer another.

Try a Live Activation key from a game on GFWL, it worked for me. The Product Activation key did not work.

Try a Live Activation key from a game on GFWL, it worked for me. The Product Activation key did not work.

That's what I did. I bought a GFWL key for SS IV from CDKeyExpress and entered it into the box after you try and download your profile in H2V. I have no other GFWL games.

There were two key options for me, I used SFIV. There's one for the product and one for Live. I doubt it's the same for those that purchased H2V legally, however. Merely sharing my experience and how I finally got it to work today. Good luck.

• Upvote (+1) 1

*UPDATE*

Finally got my VSYNC working. I installed rivatuner and forced the FPS to 60. The game is buttery smooth now!

The hit registration is still really bad, and there's no auto aim for mouse users so I'm pretty much f***d in gunfights. I'm losing cqb situations where I really shouldn't. :(

One theory to explain the llack of hit detection is the fact that theres no auto aim... Instead of all 3 bullets in a BR hitting the target, sometimes only 1 or 2 bullets will hit -- drastically reducing the effectiveness and raising the kill time. I get consistently 4 shotted by kids using controllers with auto aim. oh well... ugh... At least I can play the game :D

*UPDATE*

Finally got my VSYNC working. I installed rivatuner and forced the FPS to 60. The game is buttery smooth now!

The hit registration is still really bad, and there's no auto aim for mouse users so I'm pretty much f***d in gunfights. I'm losing cqb situations where I really shouldn't. :(

One theory to explain the llack of hit detection is the fact that theres no auto aim... Instead of all 3 bullets in a BR hitting the target, sometimes only 1 or 2 bullets will hit -- drastically reducing the effectiveness and raising the kill time. I get consistently 4 shotted by kids using controllers with auto aim. oh well... ugh... At least I can play the game :D

Try this:

To reduce mouse acceleration somewhat, navigate to your windows mouse settings and untick "Enhance pointer precision". For the highest degree of accuracy, set "pointer speed" to 6/11

Also, the game should have the same hit detection as a controller. I know a person who does play mouse/kb and I believe they have no problems aiming, it is different from the norm; auto-aim may be reduced though.

Ok so I'm not sure whats going on with h2v or if its just something going on with my windows 7, but when I attempt to play a game, I get this microsoft visual runtime error.  I have attempted to reinstall all of the visual c++ redistributables and ended up getting the same error. I then tried to run the game in compatibly mode and under administrator and that actually fixed the issue, but when i alt-tab out and then back in, or let if i let it sit for about 5 minutes, my game starts flickering.

Anyone know how to fix this? I am currently doing a graphic driver reinstall to see if that fixes the issue.

Edit: I ended up getting the runtime error again after a few minutes

Just got it working, I'll be on when I can.

GT: The Oji

There were two key options for me, I used SFIV. There's one for the product and one for Live. I doubt it's the same for those that purchased H2V legally, however. Merely sharing my experience and how I finally got it to work today. Good luck.

So when you bought your key from the seller, you were given 2 separate codes? Just trying to make sure I understand.

So is anyone getting a sound issue with H2V? Yesterday my sound was completely normal and when i tried to load the game today the sound is cracking horribly its unplayable. Anyone have a solution?

I downloaded the torrent file, but the folder didn't come with setup.exe file, I think that is the only thing I am missing (aside from a key) can anyone just upload that single file?

*UPDATE*

Finally got my VSYNC working. I installed rivatuner and forced the FPS to 60. The game is buttery smooth now!

I was getting horrible input lag but vsync and fps lock made it way better.

Okay, I got the game to work using Nvidia Inspector!  Now I just have to fix the slight lag/slow down I'm experiencing.  Was a pain to download my gamer profile though.  Sheer luck that it ever even download it.  I think I tried like 20-30 times because Xbox Live kept disconnecting.

Once I actually got the game installed and bumped the resolution to 1920 X 1080, I haven't had any issues w/ V-Sync or FPS, nor input lag. Everything has played smooth as butter.

I've been playing for sometime, weird issue but sometimes the whites have a strobe like effect on it (emblems in-game, certain parts of maps). I can play find but weird. Any ideas?

It's laggy as all hell and everyone takes 6+ shots even when it is actually at a playable ping.  Yet It's still more fun than any Halo that has been released since so...

Add me on Live: Bradvillain

Ok so I'm not sure whats going on with h2v or if its just something going on with my windows 7, but when I attempt to play a game, I get this microsoft visual runtime error.  I have attempted to reinstall all of the visual c++ redistributables and ended up getting the same error. I then tried to run the game in compatibly mode and under administrator and that actually fixed the issue, but when i alt-tab out and then back in, or let if i let it sit for about 5 minutes, my game starts flickering.

Anyone know how to fix this? I am currently doing a graphic driver reinstall to see if that fixes the issue.

Edit: I ended up getting the runtime error again after a few minutes

Were you able to fix the runtime error you were having? I thought I seen you in a game, but I don't remember if that was after the problem or not.

So is anyone getting a sound issue with H2V? Yesterday my sound was completely normal and when i tried to load the game today the sound is cracking horribly its unplayable. Anyone have a solution?

Maybe adjust your audio settings through the task bar (where the system clock is), haven't really seen that problem. Are you using a headset?

I downloaded the torrent file, but the folder didn't come with setup.exe file, I think that is the only thing I am missing (aside from a key) can anyone just upload that single file?

The file you want to find is called startup.exe if you were unable to locate that and you still need an upload, let me know.

I've been playing for sometime, weird issue but sometimes the whites have a strobe like effect on it (emblems in-game, certain parts of maps). I can play find but weird. Any ideas?

Vsync enabled, right? Do you any other video features enabled in your graphics card? Also, what kind of graphics card do you have?

As of this post, CDKeyPort has 26 available, keys are $.50 than Steam and are great if you are purchasing more than 1 key. 

Were you able to fix the runtime error you were having? I thought I seen you in a game, but I don't remember if that was after the problem or not.

Nah I ended up with the error again. I thought maybe the download process went wrong but I ended up getting the same error again. Not really sure whats wrong at this point. I went to the event log viewer and saw that the faulting application is kernelbase.dll or xlive.dll

Hey guys, I have a code if anyone needs one. It should have 5 uses on it (hopefully...)

Just quote this and I'll PM you.