YoshinJaa

Repopulate Halo 2 Vista

Hey guys, I thought I would put this query in the relevant thread.

I have played Halo 2 pc in the past and didn't seem to notice any issues, however I installed it on my high spec PC again just now and I am seeing weird things. I tried using both mouse and keyboard, as well as an xbox one controller plugged in via usb and the game ran really slow. Not framerates, they were fine (I even tried turning Vsync ON to lock the frames at 60fps rather than running higher).

The actual movement speed was so slow. I had it side by side with H2 on xbox and it had significantly slower base speed.

I was also messing around with BXB on a half empty clip and it wouldnt register the 2nd B button press if I did it too quickly, which I thought was weird. Has anyone heard or seen any of this?

(i5 processor, GTX 770 2GB OC. 8GB ram etc on win 8.1)

start game with controller and dont touch the mouse or kb when th game is registering for in game movement.

• Upvote (+1) 1

TYtoJmc.png

I tried reinstalling Windows Live ID Sign-in Assistant 6.5 and I get this now. I don't remember having this much trouble last time. I think I may of been on windows 8 at the time though. (switched back to 7)

TYtoJmc.png

I tried reinstalling Windows Live ID Sign-in Assistant 6.5 and I get this now. I don't remember having this much trouble last time. I think I may of been on windows 8 at the time though. (switched back to 7)

No need to install the Sign-In Assistant, it should be off your computer since it is one of the reason for errors. 

Let me know if you get it installed, this will let me know if the keys are messing up for everyone.

Since you came from a previous guide, did you download the newer h2 pc activation file in the OP? Also, did the telephone activation activate your game and did you merge the xox.reg file and replace the PCID? Go to your game directory, C:\Program Files\Microsoft Games\Halo 2, and let me know if MF.dll is in there. I haven't had any reports of activation issues until now. 

Can you set -novsync? To do so, create a shortcut of the halo2.exe file, and then right-click on the shortcut and click properties. Under the shortcut tab, you will see Target: "C:\Program Files\Microsoft Games\Halo2\halo2.exe" set it to: 

"C:\Program Files\Microsoft Games\Halo 2\halo2.exe" -novsync

This improved my performance on win8.1 greatly, but it could be solely because of my video card. Your specs are in range of the game requirements so try that out fist and get back to me.

Thank you for the help sir, I am good now.

Now I am just getting the random disconnects mid game, but I will work all that jazz out :)

start game with controller and dont touch the mouse or kb when th game is registering for in game movement.

Thank you my good friend, I should have tried restarting the game, rather than jumping to conclusions lol

Hey guys I am Kantanomo otherwise known as H2Bot owner and founder of http://h2pc.org / http://halo2vista.com and I am super happy that this game is gaining traction again. Just like 3-4 months ago we were fighting to stop 343i from shutting this game down that we all enjoy so much. Now here we are with the servers staying up and people coming to play again. I LOVE IT.

Now a user who signed up for my forums named "MistPhoenix" recently PM'd me asking about our Halo2Stats program which we were developing because of the lack of stats in Halo 2 Vista. Now we did acctually have a working game stat logger which you can see here http://www.halo2vista.com/old-h2v-page/stat/?. I would be more than happy to finish this project myself and probably the other team members that worked on it. I will talk to them about this and see what we decide to do. I will keep you updated.

• Upvote (+1) 2
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Hey guys I am Kantanomo otherwise known as H2Bot owner and founder of http://h2pc.org / http://halo2vista.com and I am super happy that this game is gaining traction again. Just like 3-4 months ago we were fighting to stop 343i from shutting this game down that we all enjoy so much. Now here we are with the servers staying up and people coming to play again. I LOVE IT.

Now a user who signed up for my forums named "MistPhoenix" recently PM'd me asking about our Halo2Stats program which we were developing because of the lack of stats in Halo 2 Vista. Now we did acctually have a working game stat logger which you can see here http://www.halo2vista.com/old-h2v-page/stat/?. I would be more than happy to finish this project myself and probably the other team members that worked on it. I will talk to them about this and see what we decide to do. I will keep you updated.

Hey Kantanomo, 

Thank you for joining Beyond Entertainment! That's me on your forum. I was trying to see if it would be possible to get that project finished, just being able to view stats and progression in H2V would be a huge plus. Thank you for trying to reach the others involved with the original project. I look forward to hearing back from you guys soon! 

So I have contacted Supersniper who is the other programmer of the stats project and co founder of h2pc.org, and he is also happy to start back up on the project. We are not sure when we will start progress on it again but it will be soon.

• Upvote (+1) 1

So I have contacted Supersniper who is the other programmer of the stats project and co founder of h2pc.org, and he is also happy to start back up on the project. We are not sure when we will start progress on it again but it will be soon.

If there is anything I can do to help please let me know. I do have some ideas with that stats and stuff, so I'll swing them by you when I get the chance.

What time do you guys normally get on? Also trying to find people who can run servers 24/7 not always MLG related, like a Action Sack playlist (Tower of Power, Predator, etc..).

Quick question for YoshinJaa, I've installed Halo 2 Vista and have also passed it along to 3 friends. Now before I go installing 2 other GFWL games (Gears of War and GTA 4), will this mess with installing other GFWL games if I already have your Halo 2 Vista installed?

Quick question for YoshinJaa, I've installed Halo 2 Vista and have also passed it along to 3 friends. Now before I go installing 2 other GFWL games (Gears of War and GTA 4), will this mess with installing other GFWL games if I already have your Halo 2 Vista installed?

Great question. Sadly, I no longer have Gears PC or I could've checked. Thankfully the newest method can be repeated numerous times, so I would suggest installing which ever title has the least product key usage, install one of them first, re-install H2, start the first game to see if weird things occur, like failure to sign in or constantly rejecting your product key, then install the second game. 

Now in regards to performing the delete of the Titles folder in my H2 guide, this will likely delete all product keys that are already stored from the other games as well. So what I would suggest is:

1. Navigate to C:\Users\(user name)\AppData\Local\Microsoft\XLive\Titles note the name of the folder in there. That one should be H2 if you have not installed any other GFWL titles prior. For example, my folder in Titles is called "4d53080f"
  2. Install the other games as normal.
  3. If you need to redo my H2 guide, delete the folder within Titles that should be H2 instead of the entire Titles folder.

Hope it helps, let me know of the other games get installed successfully.  

New guide worked great, finally got to enter a key and not having any disconnect issues so far. Thanks man!

• Upvote (+1) 1

Is it just me or is the "netcode" on H2V absolutely terrible? Even when I join someone who has like 38 ping and more than 10 players are playing, the game is almost unplayable. From shots not registering properly to my beat downs never registering. I don't have problems with any other game on pc or xbox. Is that only Halo 2 Vista? Was the Xbox version that bad ? I also think its because so many foreigners play the game that it DE-stabilizes the connection (if that is even how it works lol)

I keep getting an error that says the CD Key has been used too many times.. Any help?

Is it just me or is the "netcode" on H2V absolutely terrible? Even when I join someone who has like 38 ping and more than 10 players are playing, the game is almost unplayable. From shots not registering properly to my beat downs never registering. I don't have problems with any other game on pc or xbox. Is that only Halo 2 Vista? Was the Xbox version that bad ? I also think its because so many foreigners play the game that it DE-stabilizes the connection (if that is even how it works lol)

The netcode isn't really different since it is a more a less a port of the Xbox version, on a < 100 ping, the connection feels really good and entirely smooth, the join in lag is a bug in the game, so it happens every time someone joins sadly. I haven't had these issues other than join lag, which everyone experiences. H2V was not really optimized even for the best PC's so I would suggest some things to try. 

• Try to play the game in windowed mode, start from a 720p base and work your way up 
  • Try to keep other programs running to a minimum, so the game has access to as much resources as possible, Razer GameBooster may be of help
  • Dedicated servers tend to be the best experience I have seen so far, unless a peer host is relatively close to me, so try the game on dedicated servers in good ping range

I keep getting an error that says the CD Key has been used too many times.. Any help?

Sorry man, just woke up, but yeah I'll help you through twitter.

Yeah, none of the codes work when I'm trying to play the game and sign in. For each of the codes I generate it says I've exceeded it's usage. How can I get past that?

Yeah, none of the codes work when I'm trying to play the game and sign in. How can I get past that?

Are you receiving any error messages and is this your first time installing? 

Are you receiving any error messages and is this your first time installing? 

It's saying that any key I've pasted in has extended its usage and that I need to input a new one. And it is my first time installing

It's saying that any key I've pasted in has extended its usage and that I need to input a new one. And it is my first time installing

Okay, I am going to contact you via PM.