Jump to content
Moa

Halo PC is shutting down on May 31st, 2014

Recommended Posts

almost like claiming to understand Halo's deep meta and witnessing it's skill gap by forum posts and old videos. oh wait...

 

This is GOLD.

Share this post


Link to post

love how 99.9% of people here dont even fuck with Halo PC like that but still feel affected by this

It's called being a community.

 

Granted I've probably been doing that at the most insanely obnoxious way possible

Glad we agree on something.

  • Upvote (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post

It's called being a community.

 

 

 

you can't buy, play and support the inferior halos wayyy more than CE and then hypocritically turn around and act affected by its servers being shut down.

 

 it's called trying to fit in

Share this post


Link to post

If I could be playing XBC I would. And I don't buy that CE is the only Halo anyone should play, either. Community's small enough without idiots like you trying to divide it further.

 

You'll claim we're being hypocritical here then turn around and beg for our support to get Halo on Steam, it's transparent and pathetic.

  • Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Share this post


Link to post

well its not surprising considering Halo CE Pc is a 13 year old game...but it is awesome its still alive. Id love to play it if my internet wouldnt ping spike every thirty seconds playing a pc game....and that I always find modded lobbies.

Share this post


Link to post

you can't buy, play and support the inferior halos wayyy more than CE and then hypocritically turn around and act affected by its servers being shut down.

 

 it's called trying to fit in

 

Halo 4 or a game where 90% of the servers are either Zombie Mod, Snipers No Shields on BG, Millions of Tanks on BG, shoot rockets from your hands on BG, Team Rockets on BG.  The remaining 10% are password-protected 2v2 games or the same Modded shit on a map other than BG.  Your call.

 

There was a time when Halo PC was good.  That was like five years ago.  And I would play that game every day as much as I could.  Not anymore.

I'd be more affected if the game wasn't already dead in more ways than one.

 

 

 

beg for our support to get Halo on Steam, it's transparent and pathetic.

 

On a brighter note, Murder Miners is still struggling to get on Steam but making progress.  I'd assume that game would be playable with whatever mods are bound to come with it.

Share this post


Link to post

Halo 4 or a game where 90% of the servers are either Zombie Mod, Snipers No Shields on BG, Millions of Tanks on BG, shoot rockets from your hands on BG, Team Rockets on BG.  The remaining 10% are password-protected 2v2 games or the same Modded shit on a map other than BG.  Your call.

 

There was a time when Halo PC was good.  That was like five years ago.  And I would play that game every day as much as I could.  Not anymore.

I'd be more affected if the game wasn't already dead in more ways than one.

 

 

 

 

On a brighter note, Murder Miners is still struggling to get on Steam but making progress.  I'd assume that game would be playable with whatever mods are bound to come with it.

 

 

That wouldn't be an issue if the whole competitive Halo community got its head out of its ass and set up Halo CE as its main game.  Anyone who still supports Halo 4 and/or any future Halo releases is a tool. Halo PC would be vivid with competitive customs again if MLG decided to take advantage of the popularity brought forth by Halo 3 and instead went back to Halo CE instead of trying hard to make Reach and H4 work.

Share this post


Link to post

You'd be surprised, us Canadians get pretty angry when we lost hockey. Take the 2011 Stanley cup for example for example.

 

4957033.jpg?size=620x400s

It takes all kinds, don't it?

Share this post


Link to post

As someone who plays all three Quake, Unreal Tournament, and Halo who gives a crap whether Quake takes the most skill? It's population is barely a third of what the current Halo population is. The game is too hard for anyone who doesn't want to spend the next year playing the game 8+ hours a day to catch up to the veterans. After taking a long break from Quake, I can understand how new players playing Quake feel. The game has to become a second job just to be able to start winning a couple matches. It's thanks to a combination of it's elitist snobby community, id's lack of knowledge of modern advertising, and no actually working matchmaking system that killed Quake. Quake is a good game, but it's community and developer killed it.

If quake has less population than halo 4, and if team throw down has the least population of any halo 4 playlist, why does anyone believe there is a market for competitive halo?

 

An honest question based upon the quoted observations deserving an honest discussion. So I don't expect a single neg-

  • Upvote (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post

If quake has less population than halo 4, and if team throw down has the least population of any halo 4 playlist, why does anyone believe there is a market for competitive halo?

 

An honest question based upon the quoted observations deserving an honest discussion. So I don't expect a single neg-

I think honestly what the competitive Halo community is going to have to realize is that it's strictly going to be up to them when it comes to actually making the community.  Trusting a company like 343, whose sole goal is to make as much profit as possible to make things in the best interest for the competitive community is not smart.  In fact, it's very stupid and people who think this isn't really just want developer support and don't want to actually pay for the costs of running Halo events themselves.  And that's really the bottom line.  The vast majority of the competitive Halo community, just like the vast majority of the competitive Quake community don't want to do anything or spend any money to make a true competitive scene themselves.  They just want someone else to pay the bill, give them a good time, and essentially not do anything.  That's not a realistic long term strategy for any game's competitive community that isn't super popular at the moment.  

 

Honestly, I do think there is a market for arena shooter fans.  If you look at all of the arena shooter games populations together, you would get around 100-200k players.  There are a couple problems with this though. First, whoever makes the game needs to realize that because it's a niche audience that you can't expect a huge amount of money from it.  Meaning the game can't cost nearly as much as a AAA game to make.  Second, convincing arena shooter fans from all these different games to leave the ones they are playing and play yours instead.  This is almost next to impossible especially for Quake and UT communities respectfully.  Their tastes and requirements of what a good arena shooter is are way too high.  

Share this post


Link to post

If quake has less population than halo 4, and if team throw down has the least population of any halo 4 playlist, why does anyone believe there is a market for competitive halo?

 

Quake is far older than Halo 4.

 

The "competitive" playlist in any halo title has never been the most popular playlist. Not only that, but Team Throwdown neither appeals well to competitive players nor casual players.

Share this post


Link to post

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use & Privacy Policy.