Moa

Halo PC is shutting down on May 31st, 2014

I couldn't find a competitive 2v2 or 4v4 game on there. Not a big loss.

1 time the atl server that only had 1 mod on it was unlocked, and it was actually pretty enjoyable. the mod was no descope for sniper tho. I dragged 3 ppl onto pc, they weren't waiting for me or anything.

but then random columbians started joining

• Upvote (+1) 1

So many games are being affected by this.

Goodbye Battlefront 2 Online ;(

YOU FREAKIN' KIDDING ME?! Not only Halo CE PC but also Battlefront II? /sigh :(

• Upvote (+1) 1

:(

I'll be playing a lot of Custom Edition until the server list shuts down. Add me on Steam/Xfire/etc at Mintograde and let's play some games!

Not to sound like some elitist here because the news does indeed suck, but just how many people even played it here? I'm talking about even hopping on once a week... It just amazes me how some h1 related information seems like it's drastic to people out of nowhere.

• Upvote (+1) 2

Not to sound like some elitist here because the news does indeed suck, but just how many people even played it here? I'm talking about even hopping on once a week... It just amazes me how some h1 related information seems like it's drastic to people out of nowhere.

I don't think it's exactly that we play it so much, we just care about the legacy. I don't always play Custom Edition, but it's a blast when I do. This has the potential to cripple that, and that sucks.

• Upvote (+1) 1

XBC shuts down... *Riots in Colombia*

Double fix, is Colombia... I really doubt British Columbia (specially Vancouver) starts riots. 

I grew up with Halo: CE and from time to time whenever I wanna play some Classic mp... I just go to Custom Edition in a dedicated server with magnums and snipers. Maybe is not CE in Xbox, but hey... better than some of the bullshit games we currently have. Also, you can download mod skins, maps, weapons, vehicles, etc. So some times new content is entertaining.

• Upvote (+1) 1

love how 99.9% of people here dont even fuck with Halo PC like that but still feel affected by this

I tried getting back to Halo PC, but its shitty netcode makes the game unbearable.  The only time you can actually have fun and dominate is when your host and don't have to lead shots a mile fucking wide to hit the broad side of a barn.  The only time I really had fun in Halo PC is when people joined my server so I had all my shots register like it should be.

love how 99.9% of people here dont even fuck with Halo PC like that but still feel affected by this

almost like claiming to understand Halo's deep meta and witnessing it's skill gap by forum posts and old videos. oh wait...

• Upvote (+1) 2

Halo PC was my first Halo game, and the only reason I got into FPSes. I'm saddened by this.

I had all my shots register like it should be.

Shots don't not register, you just didn't aim well enough.

almost like claiming to understand Halo's deep meta and witnessing it's skill gap by forum posts and old videos. oh wait...

I can feel the bootyhurt from here like an 8.2 earthquake

You're still bitter about the whole "Halo is a dumbed down Quake?" Your sheer fanboyism is blinding to the fact that even the average PC shooter is more skillful than the best console ones. More skillful aiming, bigger communities, etc. 

LOL that shit was so 3 weeks ago, get over it Sparky

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

My 2c, it's not a big deal. It's an old game that not many people play anymore. Shutting it down most likely makes economical sense.

I have so many memories on this game. I started playing Halo due to this game, and have met several friends on that game that I still talk to till this day. Very sad that this game is going away.

My 2c, it's not a big deal. It's an old game that not many people play anymore. Shutting it down most likely makes economical sense.

2000 players at any given time for a game that's 11 years old isn't bad at all.

Halo PC was my first Halo game, and the only reason I got into FPSes. I'm saddened by this.

Shots don't not register, you just didn't aim well enough.

I aim well enough, the problem is that I shouldn't have to lead shots a mile wide to hit the opponent cuz of ping.  I never had any issues with any other shooter when it comes to this.  As long as I have a <50 ping I did just fine in all other shooters including Quake and UT.  Halo 1 PC was the only shooter where I had to lead my shots so far to hit anyone and that's bs.  You could tell that they didn't bother to do anything with the netcode.  Where I aim is where I expect the bullet to go period.  Leading shots is fine, leading shots extremely far from where the player is cuz of crappy netcode isn't fine.  The host always has a huge advantage.  

I aim well enough, the problem is that I shouldn't have to lead shots a mile wide to hit the opponent cuz of ping.  I never had any issues with any other shooter when it comes to this.  As long as I have a <50 ping I did just fine in all other shooters including Quake and UT.  Halo 1 PC was the only shooter where I had to lead my shots so far to hit anyone and that's bs.  You could tell that they didn't bother to do anything with the netcode.  Where I aim is where I expect the bullet to go period.  Leading shots is fine, leading shots extremely far from where the player is cuz of crappy netcode isn't fine.  The host always has a huge advantage.  

If you're not leading, you're not aiming well enough.

Double fix, is Colombia... I really doubt British Columbia (specially Vancouver) starts riots. 

You'd be surprised, us Canadians get pretty angry when we lost hockey. Take the 2011 Stanley cup for example for example. 

4957033.jpg?size=620x400s

• Upvote (+1) 1

Ah, GameSpy. Now that's a name that brings back great memories.

Sorry to hear the news. I know quite a few people who enjoy playing CE every so often.

R.I.P.

• Upvote (+1) 1