stylo90

Halo Community Has Too Much Say in the Game

This guy makes no real point,his argument is basically the community doesn't know what it wants/cant explain core Halo(really?) and there is no proof the core community disliked H4(show him the numbers CoachMayne!), ADAPT!

Comparing 343 to doctors and the community to healthcare patients was also one of the worst analogies I have ever heard.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Who cares? You're just a cheater exploiting a glich. That's not how the game was meant to be played.

realistically the game can be played however you fucking want to. as for who cares apparently you do for quoting me.

Read a paragraph and a half, maybe 2 paragraphs - and felt my intelligence quickly taking a dive off a cliff

• Upvote (+1) 3

Couldn't get pass the 4th sentence and just scrolled down to the comments section.

"And also they are the compective community you were talking about." - reiku (banned member on THC and Beyond).

Brilliant.

Lol, just saw that too. Couldn't help but laugh, was about to tag him in a post saying hello  :kappa: /

What bugs me most about this article is that he writes as if he knows what we all want out of a Halo game.

realistically the game can be played however you fucking want to. as for who cares apparently you do for quoting me.

it was sarcasm brah lol

The community has so much to say in the game that despite asking for the same few things for years now, we keep getting the exact opposite.

E.G. ranks, less random weapons, power items that make sense, balanced loadouts, just stuff that makes sense in general for an arena shooter.

People like this article's author need to stop claiming we're doing this for the sake of competition alone. A balanced game is also good for people who don't want to be competitive. I can assure you that a good team of PV / Camo users and who know how to abuse ordnance is a lot more frustrating than a balanced game where you're aware of all that's going on and it's predictable.

They're being spoonfed bullshit (and accept it) and we're the ones willing to do something about it, yet we get crap in return. Give me a break.

• Upvote (+1) 5

Did he just compare a business in the entertainment industry, an industry that is entirely reliant on consumers, to medical experts? Fucking hell

My favorite part is where he blames the competitive community for having too much influence, yet the two (incredibly weak) examples he gave were never asked for by anyone within the competitive community.

• Upvote (+1) 4

It's like this guy is saying the exact opposite of everything I'm feeling. 

But don't worry, 343 will listen to this guy and none of us. 

I can't believe that I even made it past 2 paragraphs of that. I really hope that article was just an April Fools joke, because if it isn't, his ass must be jealous of all the shit coming out of his mouth.

Articles like this just make me sad. I can understand if the guy who wrote it provided solid points but nothing in what he wrote was backed up what so ever.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Some of his facts are correct, but only a few of his conclusions are even remotely reasonable. Some of his facts are not correct, because they are based upon assumptions. But in the end I do believe he believes that his perspective is logical (over half of what I read is NOT).

I do believe he is entirely incorrect when he said bungie wanted to be more community friendly and asserted that their listening to the community is where they made a wrong turn. I think bungie had other motivators, not nearly so much at all the community.

343i is clearly motivated by community only in the sense that they want to seem like they are listening. But it is abundantly clear that the vast majority of developers BELIEVED WITH ALL THEIR HEART that they could improve Halo, that it became their CALLING to improve Halo, and this had ABSOLUTELY NOTHING TO DO WITH COMMUNITY FEEDBACK WHATSOEVER --------- especially from this crowd.

Also what is the magical core game play they want? Define that! I hear repeatedly “Make some enhancements, but don’t change core game play”. OMG! Give us all an example of what that means. Is not adding loadouts an enhancement? Is not adding classes an enhancement? Is not rotating different gametypes to try new things an enhancement? I mean it’s what a lot of people asked for when 343 and even Bungie heard when asked what to put into Halo.

This quote shows he is talking about something for which he admits he doesn't understand. How can he talk about it and think he is going to be taken seriously? If he doesn't understand the difference, and he said he doesn't, then he should be asking first, then draw some conclusions. His conclusions, and this is a very clear example of them, are formed from a basis of ignorance, and they show his bias for a lack of any firm foundation from which to draw logical conclusions from.

Okay, my analysis are finished, I will return to my rabbit hole once again...

• Upvote (+1) 3

Reading stupidity makes me depressed so forgive me if I land on anyone's car parked outside as I must rid myself of the world that is shared with the "writer" of that article. 

I think it would be much easier to make Halo if less attention were paid to fans.

Paying attention and attempting to address our criticisms anyways is an admirable choice, even if not everyone thinks said attempts succeeded in the end.

The next Halo is 343's first attempt to learn from direct criticism of their work as a studio, and I hope it results in a game that appeals to more people of all skill levels and interests, and even people who have always had issues with Halo.

Competitive viability, mass market acceptance, and an evolution of halo design in general.  Not simply a refined Halo 1 or 2 with 60fps and dedicated servers, but carrying on the feel and spirit of those games (gameplay-wise) and executing on it better than even they did.

"Make this game the absolute best game in the series and an evolutionary step in game design" is a tall order, of course.  That's my pie-in-the-sky hope, but I also just want it to at least be a really good game that feels like Halo.