BallaZander

Hip-Hop Thread

Check out Overly Dedicated by Kendrick.

Also some loosie tracks from Kendrick that are FIRE:

-Cartoons & Cereal

-6'7 freestyle

-Monster freestyle (HE COMPLETELY BODIES IT)

-The Jig Is Up

-Lookout For Detox

Thanks. I'll check'em out.

Check out Overly Dedicated by Kendrick.

Also some loosie tracks from Kendrick that are FIRE:

-Cartoons & Cereal

-6'7 freestyle

-Monster freestyle (HE COMPLETELY BODIES IT)

-The Jig Is Up

-Lookout For Detox

I saw him perform Cartoons and Cereal live............. :whew:

I didn't know this thread existed. Sweet.

Testuo & Youth is FIRE fireemoji.jpg

Dude! Please help revive it

I really don't care much for the Grammys. There's so much talent out there, but they only choose between the same like 8 artists for the rap awards. SMH

Anyway, I'm really hoping for this to be a big year. Lupe and Joey Badass got it started off right. Hope Kanye, Kendrick, Drake, Soulo, Cudi, Mac Miller, Macklemore, Jay Rock, and A$AP Rocky all do something, all of them have said they are dropping something this year. 

People were worried over the last couple of K Dot songs, that new track should shut them up for a while.

• Upvote (+1) 1

People were worried over the last couple of K Dot songs, that new track should shut them up for a while.

Which song(s)? "i"? I don't get that consensus. It should be obvious by now that Kendrick is a storyteller, and his albums need to be listened to in order in order to grasp the message he's trying to tell.

The Blacker the Berry actually gives much more understanding to "i" in the sense that they're both about self-love, albeit they just have different approaches. "i" is much more upbeat in trying to find things in yourself which are good and whatnot, while the latest release is talking about the struggles of trying to love yourself and how failure to do can lead to violence. 

Kendrick knows what he's doing. 

He had "i" and then he had that song he performed on Colbert that I don't think we've heard about since. Which I both really enjoyed, but people seemed kind of split on.

The Blacker the Berry is the Kendrick style that people were used to when he seemingly hit his most popular point.

I'm 100% with you on his album structure too, I only keep CDs in my car of albums I can listen to without skipping a track and I think he has about the same amount of CDs as my favourite band in the world which is pretty outstanding when I think about it now.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Aight, glad we're on the same page.

It's probably because a lot of people like those GKMC songs that have more mass appeal (Swimming Pools [Drank], Poetic Justice, Money Trees), and don't understand the meaning Kendrick puts into a lot of his songs. "Untitled" has a huge message to it, but it's not a radio song.

Never pass up Cashmere Cat either. I've seen him 3 times and it's always a lot of fun.