BallaZander

Hip-Hop Thread

ehhh. Death of YOLO and the production tho... This is a mixtape meaning this is mostly throwaway shit before his album

Dude, WHAT? You can't be serious. Their rhymes are on point but their production is not fresh.  They need to improve that.

New Cudi is trash.  I don't think he's ever getting back to his MOTM and MOTM II status

No it's not like ASAP Rocky....  :rolleyes:  but are we saying that Oddisee, DJ Premier, Statik Selektah, DOOM, Chuck Strangers, and Alchemist don't have good production? One of the weirder points I've ever heard but live your dream.

He's on that old type 90's flow/beats. Where he shines. People keep to their flow a lot of the time that are considered legends...

KRS One (mostly), Rev Run, DMX, Tupac, Biggie.... All mostly used the same patterns and pronunciations. They all have style.

Magna Carta Holy Grail got out and all hell broke loose.. Got a link to ShareBeast for it. IF you want it I can PM you the link if you PM me...

Usually takes me 2 minutes tops to download albums from Sharebeast... So many people downloading it's taking 2 hours..

MAGNA CARTA HOLY GRAIL SO PUMPED.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Well Hov totes shat on everybody lmao. Straight spittin, busting crazy flows, over such fucking sick production.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Still on confused on the whole Joey Bada$$ tape had bad production.. Not attacking just asking why one would think that?

Magna Carta Holy Grail.... Great Jay album. Up there in my mind in one of my favorites by him. Top 4.

Still on confused on the whole Joey Bada$$ tape had bad production.. Not attacking just asking why one would think that?

Really man? Listen to Summer Knights, then listen to something like Mac Miller's new album.  You should be able to tell the difference and see that Joey has subpar production

Really man? Listen to Summer Knights, then listen to something like Mac Miller's new album.  You should be able to tell the difference and see that Joey has subpar production

I agree that Mac Millers new ALBUM (keyword) has good production but this MIXTAPE of throwaway shit had beats from some of the greatest producers still in the game...

any other good albums comin' out soon?

Pusha T - My Name Is My Name (July 16th)

• Upvote (+1) 1

MCHG is probably the most underwhelming album of Jay's career albeit Tom Ford. I don't see how album of year so far can't go to Yeezus but Watching Movies with the Sound Off was actually real nice. Those of you who haven't already really should check out Acid Rap