BallaZander

Hip-Hop Thread

Name 3 up and coming rappers who you think are more talented/ have bigger exposure to mainstream hip hop/ making money.

Go.

I wouldn't mind having a go at this list next, but making money shouldn't be relevant. To a lesser extent exposure to mainstream hip hop I don't quite see the value in, if you'd care to explain.
  • Upvote (+1) 1

I wouldn't mind having a go at this list next, but making money shouldn't be relevant. To a lesser extent exposure to mainstream hip hop I don't quite see the value in, if you'd care to explain.

Talent > money

In the long run tho money is more important than talent.

There's better rappers out there than Em and prob a lot of other big name rappers but if they don't look the part and can't fit in the mainstream you won't make any money. You can be the most talented rapper in the world and make no money. I said logic was dope and fresh cuz I think he his and I listen to a lot of rap even though lately iv been slacking and I thought he brought a lot back to the scene that has been lacking lately as far as new and different. Is he the best? No. Is he good. Definitely. Will he make money over others who are more talented but can't get the connection or the mainstream look? Yes.

Who would your 3 be? I am interested to hear and am really open to listening to new artists.

I just don't like getting neg repped for my first time on this forum cuz someone is mad that I like an artist and they think it's frat rap (what isn't frat rap? Lol) I just think it's ridiculous to doubt obvious talent.

• Downvote (-1) 1

In the long run tho money is more important than talent.

How so? Music is made to be listened to and to be judged by how it sounds. If you're judging music by the $$$ attached to it, you're doing so for the wrong reasons. Not only that, but you're missing out on a lot of great music.

Name 3 up and coming rappers who you think are more talented/ have bigger exposure to mainstream hip hop/ making money.

Go.

Have bigger exposure to mainstream hip hop........

Better artists...

1. Joey Bada$$

2. Flatbush Zombies

3. Domo Genesis

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fAsypFXc_9Q

Just in case you hate on Domo because of OF affiliation. Dude's hungry.

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

I'd put KRIT at the top of that list probably. The premise is still fucked though.

• Upvote (+1) 2

How so? Music is made to be listened to and to be judged by how it sounds. If you're judging music by the $$$ attached to it, you're doing so for the wrong reasons. Not only that, but you're missing out on a lot of great music.

I'm not I agree with you. And I would def put krit in there he's good.

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Have bigger exposure to mainstream hip hop........

Better artists...

1. Joey Bada$$

2. Flatbush Zombies

3. Domo Genesis

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fAsypFXc_9Q

Just in case you hate on Domo because of OF affiliation. Dude's hungry.

I'll give you badass and zombies I have heard they are both very talented but haven't heard much by them so I'll look into them.

As for Domo I think that 2010 Earl>all OF and I thought Domo was pretty basic. Hodgey or veggies would prob make the list before him IMO. Then again I will have to listen to his new ish before I agree to that statement.

I also think hopsin is very talented and is played down by a lot of people because of his image and attitude towards rap/rappers.

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

I'll give you badass and zombies I have heard they are both very talented but haven't heard much by them so I'll look into them.

As for Domo I think that 2010 Earl>all OF and I thought Domo was pretty basic. Hodgey or veggies would prob make the list before him IMO. Then again I will have to listen to his new ish before I agree to that statement.

I also think hopsin is very talented and is played down by a lot of people because of his image and attitude towards rap/rappers.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-ipEaZ2f1ak

Flatbush Zombies

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qc_jmPH7c6Q

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OCOwHx4GYoY

Joey badas$$. Just turned 18

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Hodgy and CV are like the poster child's for average rappers lol. Domo has improved A LOT and is a better rapper. I'll never forget the first time I heard him spitting on Respect off the UTI mixtape.

And I have a problem with KRIT. He suffers from the exact same problem as Logic. R4 is fucking greatness, no denying that. But then he dropped another mixtape, and an album that sounded the exact same. Like, if I was a casual fan, and u put on those R4, 4eva and a Day, Live from the Underground, and King remembered in time, I'd think that they were all part of the same albun/mixtape. Just got stale to me after a while.

• Upvote (+1) 1

i swear to fucking god these bitch ass coppas tryna limit how much i can bad rep these bitch niggas bruh....

And I have a problem with KRIT. He suffers from the exact same problem as Logic. R4 is fucking greatness, no denying that. But then he dropped another mixtape, and an album that sounded the exact same. Like, if I was a casual fan, and u put on those R4, 4eva and a Day, Live from the Underground, and King remembered in time, I'd think that they were all part of the same albun/mixtape. Just got stale to me after a while.

Yeah people do say that a lot.

But his music is still great even though it does sound similar.

His last mixtape it seems like he branched out and tried to experiment a bit though.

I'm not I agree with you. And I would def put krit in there he's good.

Well good. Then we agree money and mainstream appeal shouldn't be a criteria for such a list.

I agree KRIT will need to do more on his next project to stay interesting.

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Well good. Then we agree money and mainstream appeal shouldn't be a criteria for such a list.

I agree KRIT will need to do more on his next project to stay interesting.

Fight me irl tho

Hodgy and CV are like the poster child's for average rappers lol. Domo has improved A LOT and is a better rapper. I'll never forget the first time I heard him spitting on Respect off the UTI mixtape.

I think Hodgy can spit at times

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LRdKKRY1Rh0

But yeah domo is improving. He's gonna be the bset in OF in a bit here.

• Downvote (-1) 2

An error occurred

You have reached your quota of negative votes for the day

• Upvote (+1) 6
  • Downvote (-1) 1

yo new smorez bruh. Just got high with an 8th from my buddy who livez at home with his mom for real do about to get dominos becasue i dont have a job

1383811_427406227364879_1993905543_n.jpg

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 5