BallaZander

Hip-Hop Thread

People who think Chance blew up because of Obama need to go lie down for awhile. He's a talented dude, give him the credit.

People who think Chance blew up because of Obama need to go lie down for awhile. He's a talented dude, give him the credit.

This sounds like nonsense. Please refrain from posting any more nonsense.

This sounds like nonsense. Please refrain from posting any more nonsense.

Sorry, I forgot to post the link along with it explaining the situation. Have you been following news surrounding him recently? I just don't like how how people are so quick to discredit his work.

Who the fuck says that? Haha. Chance has blown up through good internet marketing.

Who the fuck says that? Haha. Chance has blown up through good internet marketing.

Silly people say it. I'll post up a link later after I'm out of work.

Omar I'm not gone my man

laughing at philbs over here tho, dude thinks he knows blogs.  wtf is original content anyways?  or should onethrone just bite bigghost for comedy?  we have omar, it is possible.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Sorry, I forgot to post the link along with it explaining the situation. Have you been following news surrounding him recently? I just don't like how how people are so quick to discredit his work.

Haven't heard any news but I'd check out that link.

Chance has blown up through good internet marketing.

That and putting out quality music.

Omar I'm not gone my man

laughing at philbs over here tho, dude thinks he knows blogs.  wtf is original content anyways?  or should onethrone just bite bigghost for comedy?  we have omar, it is possible.

We do have omar. Could be a game changer.

• Upvote (+1) 1

trap talk trap talk trap talk

trap talk

trap talk

trap talk

trap talk

trap talk

trap talk

trap talk

trap talk

trap talk

trap talk

trap talk

trap talk

trap talk

trap talk

trap talk

• Upvote (+1) 2

Where's this thread at?

and feel free to start a new site, lots have done it like OTofOT and MLG Sanctuary.

make my title Trap God, Bman said it was cool.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Done.

Also Omar are you ever going to reply to when I ask you about the stuff you bitch about? or is this just for attention?

The Chance thing is just that his dad worked with Obama when he was a senator and managed his campaign in 2008. I've never heard anyone say that he got help from Obama though, there's a lot of conspriracy dudes on the internet so it wouldn't be surprising.

As far as his music, it's okay, I just find a lot of it corny. His singing voice is annoying to me, and his ad lib might be the worst I've ever heard.

Omar I'm not gone my man

Okay. Look at the top blogs for hip hop and let me know what they have in common. It's about marketing and orginal content. I'm not saying bite bigghost. I'm saying Big ghost has an angle and uses it well for original content.

Getting butthurt over me saying my 2 cents of a blog (opinion based) is laughable. Sorry I have committed such blasphemy!

Even my least favorite blog thissongissick has seen success by getting original content from artists and then starting his own tours. It's about making yourself stand out with something new and fresh. You're swimming in a sea of blogs and it's hard to take down the current sharks without something big time.

• Downvote (-1) 1

Haven't heard any news but I'd check out that link.

Sorry, still not home, just google "Chance the Rapper industry plant" and you'll find a ton of people that believe he's had a unfair advantage gaining his status, some claiming that knowing Obama has given him an edge.

OT: Your profile picture is amazing.

Okay. Look at the top blogs for hip hop and let me know what they have in common. It's about marketing and orginal content. I'm not saying bite bigghost. I'm saying Big ghost has an angle and uses it well for original content.

Getting butthurt over me saying my 2 cents of a blog (opinion based) is laughable. Sorry I have committed such blasphemy!

Even my least favorite blog thissongissick has seen success by getting original content from artists and then starting his own tours. It's about making yourself stand out with something new and fresh. You're swimming in a sea of blogs and it's hard to take down the current sharks without something big time.

You keep saying original content...define that.  Original in the angle in which you report?  Original in the story you report?  Original in the music you post?  Every article on One Throne is original content.  The writers write that themselves, it is not taken/reposted from anywhere else.  I think by original content, you actually mean exclusive content.  Which would be awesome, but that takes time and a fanbase to warrant.

Obviously bigger blogs have more marketing, they have ads too, and page views = money for marketing, which = page views.  It's a circle.  

I think assuming everyone that posts about One Throne is a staff member is probably more hilarious than assuming we are butthurt.  And despite what Neemah said, your opinions have insofar not been very constructive.  In fact, they've been pretty cookie cutter.

• Upvote (+1) 3

Sorry, still not home, just google "Chance the Rapper industry plant" and you'll find a ton of people that believe he's had a unfair advantage gaining his status, some claiming that knowing Obama has given him an edge.

First I ever heard of this was here: http://www.reddit.com/r/hiphopheads/comments/1j64s4/what_is_your_favorite_hiphop_conspiracy/cbblwdg

• Upvote (+1) 2

You keep saying original content...define that.  Original in the angle in which you report?  Original in the story you report?  Original in the music you post?  Every article on One Throne is original content.  The writers write that themselves, it is not taken/reposted from anywhere else.  I think by original content, you actually mean exclusive content.  Which would be awesome, but that takes time and a fanbase to warrant.

Obviously bigger blogs have more marketing, they have ads too, and page views = money for marketing, which = page views.  It's a circle.  

I think assuming everyone that posts about One Throne is a staff member is probably more hilarious than assuming we are butthurt.  And despite what Neemah said, your opinions have insofar not been very constructive.  In fact, they've been pretty cookie cutter.

Define original okay... "being the first instance or source from which a copy, reproduction, or translation is or can be made".

An example. How many reviews of Yeezus on the internet do you think there are now? Thousands and thousands. And if you think written in your form is better than say Pitchfork, Potholes, Source, OkPlayer, or any else of the huge players in the game than that will help you.

If not doing a review of Yeezus is perfectly okay, as long as it's a different way of going about it that comes about as fresh and new. Original content does not just mean you guys writing it. If I read one review of an album on a well-established site, unless I am loyal to you all, I will not read another review of the same album unless it's bringing something fresh to the table.

Your reviews for the most part are essentially REPRODUCTIONS. All I'm saying. Not saying they aren't well written or well done or the site's formatting looks like shit. Don't feel that way. My suggestion is branch out into different genres to try to fish more people in. If you want it to stay small and keep it the way you want it, do you. Just saying my 2 cents. And what I think of your blog is all opinion. I understand if you want to try to make it more personal and say "I don't know hip hop" or "my opinion doesn't matter". Don't care

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UyoYf7rZVGI

• Downvote (-1) 1

Neemah is Nic Cage. #onlyfacts

Done.

Also Omar are you ever going to reply to when I ask you about the stuff you bitch about? or is this just for attention?

what?! ***** we are the nomads of the hip hop thread. i posted a fuckin thread tryna get the donations rolling in for One Throne, hit the kush sleep, then woke up to a deleted thread. coppers trying to silence us, i will resist *****

yo lucky, pm me that paypal and ima make the donation thread again, ayo put ads on the site fuck em. this ***** cyren said "where is this thread?" so apparently he wont fuck it up like he did last time trying to silence us

and fuck a xfactor talking all that big shit and shit now two faced and shit got me fucked up, think you apart of the dream team and shit ***** once we get that forum.onethrone up bruh oooweee got me fucked up

smoker anthem classic bruh this is my theme song every time i walk into this copper infested forum, stay testin me bruh

LOOK AT THEM SILENCING MY POSTS WITH THE FUCKING STARS * OOOWEE..... ***** i swear......