Teapot

Beach Lan 3 - Top tiered H1 LAN (VODs Now On YouTube!)

It's probably like this [spoiler) [/spoiler)

Replace the ) with ]

test

Thanks, did you read that pm by any chance?

Thank you.  The attitudes of top tier players is not the reason new people do not enjoy Halo CE.  I'd say a good majority of people who play Halo started with Halo CE, but were either very young or just never got into the competitive side of things due to the lack of online play, XBC aside, as well as other factors.  Then Halo 2 comes out, with XBL, with the ranking system, and that's where most people really fell in love with Halo.  That's where the competitive scene took off in a more public domain.  So when people come back to Halo CE they're expecting the game they played with their neighbors 13 years ago.  They've never heard of timing, or nade tricks, or ever bothered to learn spawns.  They try to apply their knowledge of Halo which usually stems from Halo 2 and beyond and quickly find out that line of play doesn't work as well in CE.  So they get frustrated and quit, why bother right?  If they really want to learn the game they're not going to quit because some random name on XBC booted them from their lobby because they said "What's timing?" when they joined the lobby.

If people really want to learn the game, I promise you, there are many many players that would be more than willing to help you, just don't waste their time, because believe it or not, we want our community to grow!  Because we know the game we're playing is the most skillful and purest Halo game (objectively) there is and we want nothing more than for other people to see that.  I shouldn't be speaking for everyone, but I think its safe to say.  It's okay to get frustrated, it's okay to not know how to do something, but don't just write the game off because you're no good at it.  If you love Halo I promise you, you won't find a more timeless experience than Halo CE 2v2 on LAN.

I think it has A LOT to do with the mentality of this generation of gamers, which is a result of the terrible games that have been made recently. I still disagree with saying player attitude won't deter a player from playing a game. I do think it's slightly different considering you rarely talk through skype on XBC and most players rely on the chat to communicate. I guess its different than my example which pits someone giving you a verbal beatdown for 15-20 minutes.

Exactly where I've stood since 2003 till now. People will literally ignore you face to face because they don't want to tell you how they went instant camo. 

Fuck elitists. I'm not driving 7 hours to be surrounded by them.

I don't even know what this means. Like you go to a LAN and asked for help and those people just ignored you? That sounds more like a social issue for that individual or group. I guess you live in a shitty are for halo 1.

Has Shadowrun moved onto 6v6 instead of 4v4?  I'd always thought that 6v6 was the best way to play and it always annoyed me that the Halo community thought that 4v4 was the best option "just because."

Not Shadowrun, Monday Night Combat. I brushed over both but tried to indicate it was MNC at the end. I can't say what determined Shadowrun's 4v4 stigma for sure. I don't know if it had to do with Halo's 4v4 tradition, or if they went with that because there were 4 characters in the game. I do know that the developers had stated the game was always intended to be a competitive 5v5, with 1 of each class (the orc DLC) working best. I still don't know for sure how that would work out.

Exactly where I've stood since 2003 till now. People will literally ignore you face to face because they don't want to tell you how they went instant camo. 

My buddy went to Beach LAN 2 knowing about 1-2 people.  Said everyone was nice and helpful as can be.  Thing is they love competition and want newer players to improve, that means better games for them.  Think you and Lemon are over generalizing the community because of a small handful of jerks.

I don't even know what this means. Like you go to a LAN and asked for help and those people just ignored you? That sounds more like a social issue for that individual or group. I guess you live in a shitty are for halo 1.

Yep, Atlanta, GA.

My buddy went to Beach LAN 2 knowing about 1-2 people.  Said everyone was nice and helpful as can be.  Thing is they love competition and want newer players to improve, that means better games for them.  Think you and Lemon are over generalizing the community because of a small handful of jerks.

I was supposed to go to Beach Lan 2 as well, knowing just about none of them on a personal level except for a few. I do know the rest through playing though. There have been some great people I have met and there have been a few not so great.

I'm in no way shape or form saying the majority is like this, but I absolutely feel that peoples love for such a deep competitive game blinds them from realizing there are bad apples out there. Or, that those bad apples absolutely has an effect on the community. If it didn't then I doubt you would have anyone "over generalizing" the community, especially ones that aren't new players but ones that have been around for a while. I haven't been on XBC for the a few years now, so I'm sure things are different from then but I'm also sure the same problematic figures are around from back then as well. Once my PC fried I was bitter about losing everything on it, so I got a mac and never got back into XBC. Partially because I had years of other quality competitive shooters to keep me occupied.

So I consider myself a part of the Halo CE scene even though I'm not on XBC like I used to. What's a small handful of jerks in a large community? Nothing... What's the same handful of jerks in an already tiny community? It can easily stunt the growth of your community in my opinion, unless you match up with helpful or friendly people.

I remember on the MLG forum XBC thread there was a skill rating system you could give yourself. I ranked myself low and when joining a room on XBC I'd often be asked about my skill. I knew some randoms and a few nade points but I was still low skilled and endured a lot of flak from it. I want to be clear here that the flak I endured really had negative impact in my motivation to play or get better. It made me not want to play with certain people as much, but the reality of it was I wanted to play the very best of the best of the best to improve and surpass them. I honestly have a different mentality than just about every gamer I've met so I feel I am somewhat of an exception.

I also may be more critical because I choose to support my competitive titles by actively trying to get new players to try them. It's a lot different when you're just playing because it's a great game and a lot of fun. Maybe CE is more alive than these other games I'm talking about, so you guys don't even have to worry. All I know is that when I was playing XBC, we needed as many people as possible, otherwise players just kept getting matched up with Patch and I believe Yogi who would just fucking dominate people 50-4 on alternate account names. 

Also, I had plenty of good experiences with nice players. I've had a few close games that were nail-biters, and I love those.. but the most fun I have had was the 4 months or I was able to host 2v2's with @@Jeenyus. He didn't really sit down and explain things out step by step, but he really helped me improve my game just by playing at a higher level with a better partner who was willing to work with a new player. Same thing goes for B-Fir3 and the whole Fir3 crew. Those guys were amazing and great people, and those are the type of players I wish to showcase to the newer CE crowd. If there were more montages, tutorials, gameplays, LANs, or other ways for the CE community to step up, it would overshadow a lot of the elitism vibe.

If somehow the community has changed and there's a better direction today than there was at the many various points I've played XBC, then that's awesome and I hope the community can keep it up.

Same thing goes for B-Fir3 and the whole Fir3 crew. Those guys were amazing and great people, and those are the type of players I wish to showcase to the newer CE crowd.

Do you know what Bfir3's up to anymore? Used to play XBC with him all the time, but eventually we just kinda stopped playing.

As far as my experience on xbc, I never really got hate for being bad or anything. People really didn't talk much when I played, it was normally just gg, ready, timing, etc. I even got to play with some really good players(patch, bonesaw, jeenyus, etc) and the games were fun.

Do you know what Bfir3's up to anymore? Used to play XBC with him all the time, but eventually we just kinda stopped playing.

As far as my experience on xbc, I never really got hate for being bad or anything. People really didn't talk much when I played, it was normally just gg, ready, timing, etc. I even got to play with some really good players(patch, bonesaw, jeenyus, etc) and the games were fun.

Haven't seen him on in months. Got to play against him and G-Fir3 a bunch in Shadowrun though as well. Pretty sure he doesn't even have a 360, since he plays it on PC with a controller. Not a GREAT clip by any means but I never play troll. 

Bonesaw was nice to me as well and I remember jweasl helped me out a bunch. I made it into Patch and Bonesaw's Glasswalls Dualtage too back in the day. I get no-scoped headshot coming out of port on damny with rockets :\

I wish I kept in touch with the people I met on XBC too. There was a guy that ended up living 5 minutes away from me and I never got his contact information.. he also made it into the dualtage quite a bit and his XBC tag was Del Got It, but it might have not had any spaces.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Well I'm going to the Beach Lan, as it turns out the house is like 5 minutes from my place. Champ if you need a place to stay, PM and we can talk if you want to go.

So yeah I'm going and I think I'm the perfect guinea pig for this because I've lanned with McDick a couple times and can confirm that in game he's an ass to play with, but at the same time finally getting games with the most kills are really rewarding. I'm going to be grinding the next few weeks for this lan so we'll see how a "bad" CE player such as myself can improve from the Lan and what the atmosphere is like. Given how literally the best CE players are showing up, it ought to be fun.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Not Shadowrun, Monday Night Combat. I brushed over both but tried to indicate it was MNC at the end. I can't say what determined Shadowrun's 4v4 stigma for sure. I don't know if it had to do with Halo's 4v4 tradition, or if they went with that because there were 4 characters in the game. I do know that the developers had stated the game was always intended to be a competitive 5v5, with 1 of each class (the orc DLC) working best. I still don't know for sure how that would work out.

MLG did 4v4 because 6v6 would be harder to set up, harder to get five teammates than three, etc.

In the beta, they had competitions set up as 6v6.

Was BL1, not 2. Every LAN I've ever attended people have been polite, fun, and are more than willing to help you improve.

I'm going to go ahead and assume most of people's experiences are from XBC, which I admittedly played very little of.  When players were aware I had moved to their area back in 2012, I was asked to LAN, even when I said no for months because of a wrist surgery.  Everyone has been very inviting and cool since.  I've played with many of the people you see on that Beach LAN roster at this point now, and I get along with everyone I have met.  

• Upvote (+1) 1

I'm going to go ahead and assume most of people's experiences are from XBC, which I admittedly played very little of.  When players were aware I had moved to their area back in 2012, I was asked to LAN, even when I said no for months because of a wrist surgery.  Everyone has been very inviting and cool since.  I've played with many of the people you see on that Beach LAN roster at this point now, and I get along with everyone I have met.

this aint true for me. the people in nc ignored me lol.

tho yes, xbc personalities are not lan personalities...

Now does anyone have the capabilities to stream some of the LAN? I know I would watch for sure. @@Droid , I know you have streaming equipment, maybe I could convince you to bring it with you for some gameplay.

Now does anyone have the capabilities to stream some of the LAN? I know I would watch for sure. @@Droid , I know you have streaming equipment, maybe I could convince you to bring it with you for some gameplay.

I know there are a couple capture cards there. I can see what can be done streaming wise. I'll talk to McDick.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Like the Halo 2 Hali that beat Strongside and Ogre 2 in his first top 8 appearance at Anaheim 06?

That sounds right probably. He was one of the guys I used to play with a lot. It would be nice to be able to get ahold of him again with h1 coming out on live soon.

Off topic sorry but you wrecked me (Pablo D) in the anniversary classic playlist the other day. Hey :p

#creepin

That's funny. I remember that just like 2 days ago. I think I was with my buddy goatman. GG though man.
  • Upvote (+1) 1

I was supposed to go to Beach Lan 2 as well, knowing just about none of them on a personal level except for a few. I do know the rest through playing though. There have been some great people I have met and there have been a few not so great.

I'm in no way shape or form saying the majority is like this, but I absolutely feel that peoples love for such a deep competitive game blinds them from realizing there are bad apples out there. Or, that those bad apples absolutely has an effect on the community. If it didn't then I doubt you would have anyone "over generalizing" the community, especially ones that aren't new players but ones that have been around for a while. I haven't been on XBC for the a few years now, so I'm sure things are different from then but I'm also sure the same problematic figures are around from back then as well. Once my PC fried I was bitter about losing everything on it, so I got a mac and never got back into XBC. Partially because I had years of other quality competitive shooters to keep me occupied.

So I consider myself a part of the Halo CE scene even though I'm not on XBC like I used to. What's a small handful of jerks in a large community? Nothing... What's the same handful of jerks in an already tiny community? It can easily stunt the growth of your community in my opinion, unless you match up with helpful or friendly people.

I remember on the MLG forum XBC thread there was a skill rating system you could give yourself. I ranked myself low and when joining a room on XBC I'd often be asked about my skill. I knew some randoms and a few nade points but I was still low skilled and endured a lot of flak from it. I want to be clear here that the flak I endured really had negative impact in my motivation to play or get better. It made me not want to play with certain people as much, but the reality of it was I wanted to play the very best of the best of the best to improve and surpass them. I honestly have a different mentality than just about every gamer I've met so I feel I am somewhat of an exception.

I also may be more critical because I choose to support my competitive titles by actively trying to get new players to try them. It's a lot different when you're just playing because it's a great game and a lot of fun. Maybe CE is more alive than these other games I'm talking about, so you guys don't even have to worry. All I know is that when I was playing XBC, we needed as many people as possible, otherwise players just kept getting matched up with Patch and I believe Yogi who would just fucking dominate people 50-4 on alternate account names. 

Also, I had plenty of good experiences with nice players. I've had a few close games that were nail-biters, and I love those.. but the most fun I have had was the 4 months or I was able to host 2v2's with @@Jeenyus. He didn't really sit down and explain things out step by step, but he really helped me improve my game just by playing at a higher level with a better partner who was willing to work with a new player. Same thing goes for B-Fir3 and the whole Fir3 crew. Those guys were amazing and great people, and those are the type of players I wish to showcase to the newer CE crowd. If there were more montages, tutorials, gameplays, LANs, or other ways for the CE community to step up, it would overshadow a lot of the elitism vibe.

If somehow the community has changed and there's a better direction today than there was at the many various points I've played XBC, then that's awesome and I hope the community can keep it up.

Thanks for the kind words. I had fun playing with you and love having the opportunity to getting other people better at the game. I would have liked to explain more but it's kind of hard in-game and I'm very hit or miss in being good or bad at teaching people at all in Halo 1 lol.

Here's some gameplay from the last beach lan. [bL2], but his entire channel is something we should be featuring on this site. He's the only one who consistently uploads top tier Halo CE LAN gameplays.

AHEM... :)

that is my go to youtube account next to jeenyus for h1 content....can't wait to see the gameplay from the Lan.

Boom shakka lakka.

Well, I'm glad someone else agrees with me that there is, in fact, a toxic element to the H1 community. Whether or not it's the majority (which as it stands right now would probably add up to a grand total of 25 people) is impossible to say, but I've been maintaining that the influx of new blood with the release of MCC will do wonders to opening up people to the game, as they'll be able to learn on their own terms which I think is important, if not necessary. 

It's also a bad thing to only have one locus of activity for H1, because if you're dissatisfied with the way things are like I am, there's literally nowhere else you can go. It doesn't help that XBC is just a terrible medium. 

Things will only get better from here on out. That's the important thing. 

The competitive community for H1 honestly is probably closer to 150-200 good players that know what they are doing that lan regularly/semi regularly... that I know of myself. I know of about 40 myself that we lan with (in and out of state) and most of those from out of state that I know have their own crews of locals that play, so that number could easily be closer to 300-500 that play regularly around the US. We're bigger than we get credit, hence the name of my last big video being Image of the Invisible. I never intended on using the actual song by Thrice or having that be the inspiration for my video's name. It was a name derived from us being the image to a game where we are invisible to those around us, that we are seen as dead and gone yet we play under the radar to most and keep the heartbeat of the game we enjoy and love going as strong as we can.

As for those that decide to be dickwads about things via Halo, I can honestly say there are maybe between 2-3 people that are that way in ALL of the people I know from Halo 1 (one being Patch but that's just his online persona and in game he's very competitive). He's like Puckett where his trashtalk in game in an entire entity itself so it shouldn't be taken seriously, more of a branch to his sense of humor and all - i.e. his montage "The Worst of Patch (aka You Suck)". Someone pointed out a statistic in here as well, don't know if I quoted it, but of all the shit talk in game and online I've never seen close to a punch be thrown at a lan at all. Nothing remotely close, at all.

You, cT, Bonesaw, Jeenyus, Missingno, and a few others I know are exceptionally well-mannered and probably very fun to play with (if I ever got the chance to play anymore). But most of the time there's this core of guys with a giant chip on their shoulder than run a lot of the get-togethers and just ruin everything for everyone except themselves...which I feel is why, for all our grandstanding about how fucking outstanding H1 is, we never got anyone new interested.

Those attending HAVE to take the initiative to strike up a convo and/or invite someone to play as well. It is a two sided street and I have a story to tell that will hopefully clear the view of lan environments.

In 2012 (I think) we had a lan where a casual/new H1 kid attended that knew a few of those attending. He invited me to play some games with him and I obliged seeing as how it still to this day strikes me as humbling that people know me at all via a video game. It was fun, he wasn't good but it was a good opportunity for him to learn some things and play better players - at the same time it gave me a chance to buckle down and play my hardest to carry him and do some nuts ass shit since I was playing two good players with him on my team, something I always enjoy doing. However, he didn't really do this with anyone else and was basically afraid to ask anyone else to play and to quote someone at the lan "stood off in the corner with his controller in his hands like the kid at prom without a date". He wrote an angry 'letter' to us via our old forums about how we wouldn't play with him and he didn't have much fun and that we were all elitist assholes for the most part. We all were stunned since we hadn't talked shit or started anything negative with him - it was purely because we weren't metaphorically holding his hand and pulling him into games.

We all drive far and invest time into getting here to play maybe a series or two with as many of our friends and fellow H1 gamers that we can possibly cram into a weekend. We all have people we'd like to play with, or those that we have to play with (partners, good friends, ect) so we can't be monitoring the new kid making sure he's ok and has plenty of fruit punch and rice krispy treats to go with games to play. As someone attending a new lan or one that has majority people you don't know it must be an initiative to make moves because those there that know others WILL take moves to play with those they want to play. Most if not all will say "yes" or "currently I'm playing/going to play with ____ but later will work". You will probably not get a no unless you are a turd and pissed off people before.

Refer to my above quoted post response. Remember how you and I talked on twitter randomly and then skype for like 3-4 hours trying to XBC and it was fun? I had never talked to you longer than a few seconds here and there but it was fun, that's what you'd be expecting from Beach Lan if you went, fun conversation with people that enjoy the same thing you do. There are people in attendance there that I would say are even more fun/funny/kind than I am and you would be missing out greatly if you classified everyone into the same category as the minority of the community.

• Upvote (+1) 4

Oh, and you better believe that if I get some bonkers play on someone online or in person I'm going to scream, make a fart noise and hump a corpse or two to get a laugh out of it. It's all in the game. Some are a little more PG than I but it's all in good fun. Making generalizations about all competitive players being assholes means you are missing out on talking/playing with some really cool people. Some of the best players in the world are humble people that desire to teach more people about the game. Case in point - Shade. He grew up being the OGREs PN and is regarded as a top 5-10 player in the game by basically everybody important and the guy has class/patience to spare. He played with me while I was bad, or not as good as I am now and did so against VERY good players to get me better. More people are like that than we get credit for and I'm more than willing to pay that forward once MCC comes out if people want to learn more.

• Upvote (+1) 5

I think that ultimately, and regardless of anyone's opinions whether positive or negative, MCC is either going to break the doors open for H1 or, at the very possible worst, mostly leave it how it is and give us a better medium to play over. 

So things will broaden for us and we'll be able to at the very least peak our heads out of the sewer, so to speak. There's no point in being cynical about it when we've been served a miracle. 

• Upvote (+1) 8

I think that ultimately, and regardless of anyone's opinions whether positive or negative, MCC is either going to break the doors open for H1 or, at the very possible worst, mostly leave it how it is and give us a better medium to play over. 

So things will broaden for us and we'll be able to at the very least peak our heads out of the sewer, so to speak. There's no point in being cynical about it when we've been served a miracle. 

I see the H1 community growing but it'll be I think at a slow rate. Where most of us, myself included will initially jump in just to H2, and I think 5-6 months down the road people will slowly give it a shot playing with their friends and such. While the H1 community is much bigger than even I give it credit for, it's going to take time for those of you currently part of that community to link up with people and start pulling in friends to play with you. It'll happen, it'll just be slow progress to start.

Hey, everyone!  I just discovered this website and thread and now that I've read it, I'd like to respond to a few things.  First of all, thanks for this discussion and the attention for my Beach LAN event.  

Secondly, I'd like to comment on the issue of bullies and/or the existence of a "toxic" community.  There are no doubt a few "bad eggs" who are particularly brutal and mean-spirited, but I wouldn't say they are in any way representative.  I estimate there are 4 of 5 of these guys.  More people need to speak up when they they cross the line and I make a point to do so.  Another thing that must be understood is that a lot us know each other very well.  For better or for worse, this results in us saying a lot of mean things to each other which is meant to be humorous, as opposed to nasty.  Unfortunately, sometimes "new guys" get this same treatment and misinterpret it.  

As far as training/tolerating new, less experienced, and/or less skilled players, I confess I do not have tons of patience.  As I see it, everyone should know certain elementary things.  Consider spawn points.  This is a very basic, yet crucial part of H1 and there is no excuse for not knowing them 100%.  Go around the maps on split screen, kill the spawner and mark the spawns with a rocket blast.  I learned them on the new map Downrush in about 10 minutes.  At a high level, the game is too complex to come to a LAN if you haven't taken any time on your own to learn the basics.  Nade tricks are another thing.  I have tons of gameplays posted on my youtube account (jwm03g) and I'm not the only one.  If you don't know how to blow down camo on Dammy, don't expect a lot of understanding from me.  You are to blame when your laziness and ignorance causes annoyance in others.  Being good at Halo is just like anything, you have to put time into it to be good. 

Another thing is that I generally do not get mad at failures to execute, as in, for example, when my noob partner misses 12 shots on a guy with no shield.  However, I go nuts when noobs are disobedient.  If an elite tells you not to port and you do, it will likely make him mad.  If he tells you to look left and you look right, you can expect to hear about it.  

Lastly, I'd like to invite you all to "the halo chat."  Three years ago, I sent out a mass facebook message inviting certain players to the first Beach LAN.  This chat has been going steady ever since with hundreds of thousands of messages with about 90 people contributing.  It is my understand that the chat has had the unintended consequence of killing some of the forum websites.  If any of you would like to be included, add me on FB: John Warren McKnight.  

• Upvote (+1) 8

Hey, everyone!  I just discovered this website and thread and now that I've read it, I'd like to respond to a few things.  First of all, thanks for this discussion and the attention for my Beach LAN event.  

Secondly, I'd like to comment on the issue of bullies and/or the existence of a "toxic" community.  There are no doubt a few "bad eggs" who are particularly brutal and mean-spirited, but I wouldn't say they are in any way representative.  I estimate there are 4 of 5 of these guys.  More people need to speak up when they they cross the line and I make a point to do so.  Another thing that must be understood is that a lot us know each other very well.  For better or for worse, this results in us saying a lot of mean things to each other which is meant to be humorous, as opposed to nasty.  Unfortunately, sometimes "new guys" get this same treatment and misinterpret it.  

As far as training/tolerating new, less experienced, and/or less skilled players, I confess I do not have tons of patience.  As I see it, everyone should know certain elementary things.  Consider spawn points.  This is a very basic, yet crucial part of H1 and there is no excuse for not knowing them 100%.  Go around the maps on split screen, kill the spawner and mark the spawns with a rocket blast.  I learned them on the new map Downrush in about 10 minutes.  At a high level, the game is too complex to come to a LAN if you haven't taken any time on your own to learn the basics.  Nade tricks are another thing.  I have tons of gameplays posted on my youtube account (jwm03g) and I'm not the only one.  If you don't know how to blow down camo on Dammy, don't expect a lot of understanding from me.  You are to blame when your laziness and ignorance causes annoyance in others.  Being good at Halo is just like anything, you have to put time into it to be good. 

Another thing is that I generally do not get mad at failures to execute, as in, for example, when my noob partner misses 12 shots on a guy with no shield.  However, I go nuts when noobs are disobedient.  If an elite tells you not to port and you do, it will likely make him mad.  If he tells you to look left and you look right, you can expect to hear about it.  

Lastly, I'd like to invite you all to "the halo chat."  Three years ago, I sent out a mass facebook message inviting certain players to the first Beach LAN.  This chat has been going steady ever since with hundreds of thousands of messages with about 90 people contributing.  It is my understand that the chat has had the unintended consequence of killing some of the forum websites.  If any of you would like to be included, add me on FB: John Warren McKnight.

no add friend button available

15b4a3f273.png

Ogre 2 is now on the list, like wtf. this lan is going to be crazy, 1 week of non stop halo 1.

• Upvote (+1) 3

Oh, and you better believe that if I get some bonkers play on someone online or in person I'm going to scream, make a fart noise and hump a corpse or two to get a laugh out of it. It's all in the game. Some are a little more PG than I but it's all in good fun. Making generalizations about all competitive players being assholes means you are missing out on talking/playing with some really cool people. Some of the best players in the world are humble people that desire to teach more people about the game. Case in point - Shade. He grew up being the OGREs PN and is regarded as a top 5-10 player in the game by basically everybody important and the guy has class/patience to spare. He played with me while I was bad, or not as good as I am now and did so against VERY good players to get me better. More people are like that than we get credit for and I'm more than willing to pay that forward once MCC comes out if people want to learn more.

I can personally attest to this.  He did the same for me.  In fact, he sought me out.  He PM'd me on the MLG forums back in the spring of 08.  We were going to Ohio University at the time, and I was an MLG ref.  Shibby (who was also at OU at that time) told him about me, and he invited me over to his house to LAN with him, Shibby, and his roommates.  He teamed with me and single handedly improved my CE game 1000% over the course of about 3 sessions at his place.  And my God was it fun.  I was getting smashed on, but I was learning so much that it was totally worth it.  I have nothing but good things to say about the guy.

• Upvote (+1) 2