Sign in to follow this  
Valiant

Xbox One Connectivity, Licensing and Privacy Features News

Share access to your games with everyone inside your home: Your friends and family, your guests and acquaintances get unlimited access to all of your games.  Anyone can play your games on your console--regardless of whether you are logged in or their relationship to you.

OMG! THANK YOU MICRO$OFT! I cant wait to play games with my family and friends in my own home! Ive never been able to do that before! Thank you, Thank you! 

/s

The fact that this is a bullet point is mind blowing. H5 will need to be gods gift to gamers otherwise ill be sticking to my PC.

• Upvote (+1) 3

PS4> So far. 

PC > all so far haha

I mean, PS4 is bringing all these pc games, warframe, blacklight, planetside 2 to ps4, but these are all games already on the PC for a long time. these games are just as much a sellling point for ps4 as it is to switching to PC. also - microsoft allows some games to be on xbox and pc (fable, titanfall), so if you switch to pc you might not be missing out on as much.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Honestly, most of these online/trading/used features don't effect me all too much. I do however understand that there is a large group of people who are getting new games all the time, either by buying them used or renting, or borrowing.

I personally could probably get the Xbox One and not run into an issues, but that doesnt excuse the disregard that Microsoft is showing. This E3 is going to be do or die for Microsoft. They need to come out strong.

Well, Microsoft just lost my sale. Unless they show the best game ever made or designed at E3, I'm buying the PS4. 

My big thing about any company or game is trust. Do I trust you, and do you trust me? Microsoft is effectively telling us to trust them, while saying at the same time they don't trust us. They don't trust us to not pirate our games or mod the technology we bought from them. They don't trust us to borrow games, then later buy more in the series because we liked what we borrowed. Yet, they ask us to trust them that they won't abuse the kinect sensor for data mining.

This relationship is wrong. I am their paying customer. They should be providing services that benefit me because I give them money. None of these policies improve my gaming experience and in fact most of them actively harm it.

Imagine if a restaurant started making ridiculous rules like this:

-We are giving each person a camera to order their food straight from the kitchen. But you must keep it on at all times otherwise you will not receive your food.

-You can buy any dinner you want. But you can only share it with 1 person at the table. If your mom and dad want to try your fries, it will cost you extra. 

-You must check in with your waiter every 5 minutes. Otherwise you will not receive your food, but you're welcome to watch some complimentary TV instead.

In all honesty these new policies are ridiculous and very obviously anti-consumer. If Microsoft doesn't wake up soon, I foresee a massive shift in the industry to PC, Sony, and Nintendo. And if Apple decides to jump in on down the road, Microsoft can kiss its market share good bye.

This is all too bad, there are some cool new technologies available in the XBO. But the negatives far outweigh the positives.

• Upvote (+1) 2

This is pretty baffling.  Granit, I have internet, and my XBox stays in one place....but what if my internet goes out for a few days?   And to think about the hoops Gaming Leagues will have to jump through for LAN tournaments.  Are they trying to push eSports 100% Online??? I DON'T GET IT!!!!!

This is pretty baffling.  Granit, I have internet, and my XBox stays in one place....but what if my internet goes out for a few days?   And to think about the hoops Gaming Leagues will have to jump through for LAN tournaments.  Are they trying to push eSports 100% Online??? I DON'T GET IT!!!!!

Well, to be fair I think we'll be seeing more online tourneys when Xbox One gets released because of the dedicated servers to eliminate lag etc. But, on the other hand LAN's will still be favoured because of the atmosphere it produces.

Well, to be fair I think we'll be seeing more online tourneys when Xbox One gets released because of the dedicated servers to eliminate lag etc. But, on the other hand LAN's will still be favoured because of the atmosphere it produces.

For sure it's all about the atmosphere.  I don't compete, nor have I been to any LANs but they are a thrill to watch.  That experience can't be matched by soley online tournaments.

Doesn't sound to bad for me personally. Never rented a game, and the fact that you can play your games without the disc is actually very cool.

For big LANs, however, this thing is pretty much a disaster.

How is the whole 'check-in every 24 hours' going to work for military service members overseas?  I know every deployment I've been on, I always had my xbox with me to pass the time on slow days. PS4 I guess? Blah.

Edit: Posted this in a separate thread from the post above.  The threads were merged afterwards. 

• Upvote (+1) 1

With news about the Verizon surveillance thing going on now, I am now even more against always having that Kinect on than I was before. Who's to say the government won't spy on us with a now ALWAYS connected camera and microphone, especially one that is as advance as that.

The future shouldn't require you to be "kinected".  I've been offline more than a couple days before on my 360, I didn't watch movies.  I played Fallout 3/NV.  Games like that.  Not everyone can have an online persistent connection.  They should have made that an OPTION for the console.  I've never once modified my own system, so I don't know where that came out of, and I have no idea what you're saying in your last statement.

I don't agree on the Kinect itself needing to be connected at all times, that's just a personal opinion but I don't mind it being connected.

As far as being connected online, have you ever played Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 on Gamebattles where players would infect their consoles with modifications on a limitless/developer console (which was done offline) and they can knife across the map, see players through walls, and through more modifications with your developer console, you can punish players for killing you (Negative exp lobbies, which you cannot tell initially that they exist.) I'm sorry that it punished players who don't participate in piracy or hardmod cheating, but this is one of the few ways that they can prevent this from happening in the future. Obviously, they will try to find a way around it, but without these methods, they would be able to freely reign on players or continue to steal games for the cost of a blank disc.

I don't know what you do for a living, but would you enjoy people stealing your stock or your employer having to let you go because they can't make ends meet due to a crime they can't always prevent? That's unfair to you and everyone else, much more unfair than being forced to be connected. 

FYI, this isn't me defending them on every move they made, but they are trying to eliminate a problem that affects the developers AND gamers.

I don't agree on the Kinect itself needing to be connected at all times, that's just a personal opinion but I don't mind it being connected.

As far as being connected online, have you ever played Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 on Gamebattles where players would infect their consoles with modifications on a limitless/developer console (which was done offline) and they can knife across the map, see players through walls, and through more modifications with your developer console, you can punish players for killing you (Negative exp lobbies, which you cannot tell initially that they exist.) I'm sorry that it punished players who don't participate in piracy or hardmod cheating, but this is one of the few ways that they can prevent this from happening in the future. Obviously, they will try to find a way around it, but without these methods, they would be able to freely reign on players or continue to steal games for the cost of a blank disc.

I don't know what you do for a living, but would you enjoy people stealing your stock or your employer having to let you go because they can't make ends meet due to a crime they can't always prevent? That's unfair to you and everyone else, much more unfair than being forced to be connected. 

FYI, this isn't me defending them on every move they made, but they are trying to eliminate a problem that affects the developers AND gamers.

That is where the report feature comes in.  I know it doesn't always get checked out but it can get it banned from XBL.  Regarding the CoD: MW2 on GB, same thing. Report, and hell even get video of it to document it.

To me, it is a scorched earth policy that in the end will end up costing them more than what it will save.