Sign in to follow this  
Misto

Halo History: The 1v1 Champion

Thanks :) i always think its good for newer players to learn the history of the game there playing. Used to really enjoy writing these.

• Upvote (+1) 1

First off, great article!  We need more posts like this on Beyond.

Zyos - Best individual Halo CE player
Karma - Best individual Halo 2 player

I want to put Super Str8 Sick and Pistola up there just because we know that they have many major FFA/1v1 LAN event wins but their individual skill transfers to multiple Halo games. 

• Upvote (+1) 1

If I get time I might write one up for pistola. Its been a while since I've written but rereading this one, i could definitely improve it.

• Upvote (+1) 1

I love these history posts, because back when h2/h3 was on the mainstage I wasn't into watching the streams or keeping up with pro teams. Cool to catch up on all the hype.

It does make me feel like I missed out though. :(

I love these history posts, because back when h2/h3 was on the mainstage I wasn't into watching the streams or keeping up with pro teams. Cool to catch up on all the hype.

It does make me feel like I missed out though. :(

Definitely would be cool if those 1v1's between Ogre 2+Karma, Strongside+Karma, T2+Karma, ect.. were on VOD because those would be great to watch.

The FFA/1v1 and 2v2 were legit competitions back in the day, too bad we have BTB-focused Halo now instead of Arena Halo.

• Upvote (+1) 2

Just added some interviews and gameplay to the main post..

Couldn't find any 1v1 gameplay :(

• Upvote (+1) 1

The only game in which Halo 1v1 had any substance was in CE. H2 was simply too easy. H3 1v1's I'd argue had more substance than H2 since the game by MLG V8 seemed to be similar to CE (albeit a ******** version), but it was still ass. Dont get me started on the other mockeries of Halo.

Even though H3 had ridiculous spread, spawn influence became a huge factor again like in CE, weapons were harder to use and powerweapons were on a static timer again.

Who was the illest H3 1v1 player ever, neighbor?

• Downvote (-1) 3

I remember that ranked Head-to-Head play-list in H2+early H3. That playlist was interesting to say the least...

I just think the problem with 1v1's in Halo are map related, obviously a good asymm with power item rotation usually produces the best 1v1 map. What do y'all think is the best 1v1 map in Halo history?

• Upvote (+1) 1

I remember that ranked Head-to-Head play-list in H2+early H3. That playlist was interesting to say the least...

I just think the problem with 1v1's in Halo are map related, obviously a good asymm with power item rotation usually produces the best 1v1 map. What do y'all think is the best 1v1 map in Halo history?

Skyline

• Upvote (+1) 1

Skyline

lol, but for real I would say Prisoner, Lockout, and Guardian in that order. Wizard/Warlock wasn't terrible but didn't produce very interesting games in my opinion.  In Reach I guess Zealot might of been best, in H4 I dont even know which map 1v1's are played on.

lol, but for real I would say Prisoner, Lockout, and Guardian in that order. In Reach I guess Zealot might of been best, in H4 I dont even know which map 1v1's are played on.

Depends on mechanics really, a decent 1 v 1 game needs good shooting mechanics/quick spawning items which only CE has really.

Downrush would probably be good too.

As for Halo 4, Carbonate was actually a really good 1 v 1 map. There was a few other ok ish maps in a Unity 1 v 1 tourney we did.

Only been playing since H3 but I would say sanctuary in reach was the best, just because if someone was heating up spawnkilling could be done kind of easily. Guardian was also very fun in spawnkilling regards, several cool lines of sight

Only been playing since H3 but I would say sanctuary in reach was the best, just because if someone was heating up spawnkilling could be done kind of easily. Guardian was also very fun in spawnkilling regards, several cool lines of sight

I think spawn-killing became TOO effective on maps like Sanctuary among good 1v1 players, of course some kids are just gods with the sniper and that is what makes it seem cheap.

Does anyone have the interview with him giving pro tips where he was lit out of his mind and talked about jumping on Saiyen's head bottom mid in warlock?  It was those same videos that Ogre 2 taught us we could throw a nade on P2's roof and damage players in P2.  Interview was hilarious.

Also anyone have video of Karma's sniping 2007 Dallas Sanc Flag against FB?  Some of the best sniping I've ever seen in MLG.

Nice write up, makes me miss those days.