CyReN

Destiny Discussion

I'd be down to do so at the weekend. I have all 3 classes; Hunter at 29 (soon to be 30) and the other two both at 31. Let me know what position you need filling and I can do it.

Whatever you would prefer. I'm going to be a 27 Hunter, and I just got it for Xbox so I'm seeing who's still playing and who would be interested in doing it. If you know anyone, feel free to ask or invite anyone.

Whatever you would prefer. I'm going to be a 27 Hunter, and I just got it for Xbox so I'm seeing who's still playing and who would be interested in doing it. If you know anyone, feel free to ask or invite anyone.

Im always good to run VoG in any difficulty, just send me a mssg or inv during the weekend.

gt : Di v0rt3xx

Spent an hour and a half trying to 2 man the Thorn version of Summoning pits and just fucked up so many times. Ugh. That gate part is ball busting.

Spent an hour and a half trying to 2 man the Thorn version of Summoning pits and just fucked up so many times. Ugh. That gate part is ball busting.

Bubble Titan + Saint 14. When the wizards come out, wait for them to see you, then drop a bubble in the doorway you came in through and run up the stairs. The wizards come through the bubble, get confused (from Saint 14's perk) and just float there while you destroy them. 

I need it. I'll be on tomorrow (Friday). Lvl 32 Hunter. Message: L1NK22

Dem Thorn, so good.

Yep. I like to go with The Last Word and Devil You Don't as well. The Devil You Don't I have has a Outlaw and Luck in the Chamber, so it's kinda neat. 

Hey guys, not sure how many people on here play Destiny. But I do know that there are some parts of Destiny that can be difficult or just tedious. So I'm making a series called Destiny Guides to show you what  challenging areas can be made much easier.

To start off I have completed a Daily Mission that you can complete in under 2 minutes.

Latest Video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VzcpVZ56IrM

If you have a request, just let me know by PM or commenting in this thread.

• Upvote (+1) 2

Couple questions. I'm a level 25, I've gotten a couple legendary scout rifles (they're okay) but no armor. I do pretty well in the crucible but I know I would absolutely kill it if I had some of the good guns everyone else has. I've heard doing bounties and gaining rep and eventually buying armor from the vendors is the way to go. Is there a better quicker more efficient way to get the good gear and weapons? I've done VoG once before that's it. Whats the fastest way to level up and/or get what I need? 

Thorn level 26 final bounty mission...solo no cheese.

The sad thing is I actually got an option to do that exotic bounty and chose something else. My theory is that killing mobs do not matter. Yes it does help to clear them out, but I believe spawing Xyor revolves around Phogoth's health. Me and my friend had the exotic bounty and no matter what we did no mobs would spawn until we did a certain amount of damage to Phogoth.

But yeah, when I get a chance to get that bounty again I won't hesitate to pick it up. And since I'm a lvl 32 it should be a breeze.

Couple questions. I'm a level 25, I've gotten a couple legendary scout rifles (they're okay) but no armor. I do pretty well in the crucible but I know I would absolutely kill it if I had some of the good guns everyone else has. I've heard doing bounties and gaining rep and eventually buying armor from the vendors is the way to go. Is there a better quicker more efficient way to get the good gear and weapons? I've done VoG once before that's it. Whats the fastest way to level up and/or get what I need? 

The one thing to know is that Destiny is all RNG (Random Number Generator) is mostly luck more than anything. The same goes the factions that you associate yourself with. So when you rank up in Vanguard, FWC, Dead Orbit, or New Monarch it is never guaranteed that you will get weapons or armor. When you do get legendaries as of now you will notice that light and defense are higher than your other legendaries prior to the Dark Below DLC.

And yes doing bounties does help you rank up in whatever faction you associate yourself with, you can also rank up quicker by completing Nightfalls and Weekly Heroic lvl 30 Strikes.

If you ever need material to upgrade material like Spinmetal, Relic Iron, Helium Filaments, and Spirit Bloom you can buy 20 each for 10 marks from Vanguard or Crucible. If you are worried about running out of material like Armor Material and Weapon parts you can buy Uncommons or Rares from the Gunsmith or Cryptarch with the Engrams that he sells.

If you are running low on Glimmer there is an easy way to get tons of Glimmer on Mars (More on that later).

I don't know how much that helps but that is the runthrough that I normally do. Hope you find it just as useful.

Has anyone figured out what exactly triggers the checkpoint for the Wizard (lullaby) part of the Crota raid? I've done the raid over a dozen times and it still doesn't seem to make any sense. We always just sit back and kill as many Knights as it takes but there has to be a trigger like every other thing in Destiny.

Yep. I like to go with The Last Word and Devil You Don't as well. The Devil You Don't I have has a Outlaw and Luck in the Chamber, so it's kinda neat. 

I really like Thorn and I can do okay with it, but the target acquisition has always been screwy for me. I don't know how to work the recoil. If I need to fire fast I try to pull down a hair after the shot to fight the recoil but it doesn't seem to work like that. Regardless, it works wonders when you're coordinating with a team.

But for playing solo or Rumble I prefer TDYK. Fits like a glove and its Zen Moment makes it almost H1 Magnum esque. I actually gravitated toward hand cannons because of the OG Magnum, and getting a 3SK with the TDYK is still as dirty as it was in 2001.

On a side note, I'm getting weasel'd today. Weasel makes Destiny refuse to reopen and then I have to hard reset my Xbox to play again. Very annoying.

https://www.bungie.net/en/News/News?aid=12607

Weapons
For a detailed review of weapon changes, head over to Destiny Weapon Tuning.

General
  • Fixed an issue in which armor with perks that increase ammunition carrying capacity resulted in ammunition loss upon respawn
  • Decreased over-penetration value for weapons with armor piercing perks
  • Fixed an issue where items from the PS3/360 Destiny demo were using old power values. They have been adjusted to regular levels
  • Song of Ir Yut weapon tooltip now advertises the correct magazine size
  • Shoot to Loot: Two-second cooldown added to perk to prevent extra ammunition gains while ammunition bricks despawn
  • Dark Breaker
    perk will now correctly damage Hive Shriekers
  • Snap Discharge
    will now increase attack speed as per the description
  • Thunderer
    perk now has priority on the 4th Horseman tooltip
  • Full Auto
    : Fixed issues in which the weapon perk stopped working while the trigger was being held down

Auto Rifles
  • Reduced base damage of Auto Rifles by 2.5% 
  • Reduced effective range values

Pulse Rifles
  • Increased base damage of Pulse Rifles by 9.7%

Hand Cannons
  • Slightly reduced effective range
  • Slightly reduced initial accuracy

Fusion Rifles
  • Widened blast pattern on a Fusion Rifle burst cone 
  • Reduced starting ammunition in PVP

Shotguns
  • Increased damage against all non-Guardian combatants by 2x (100% increase)
  • Reduced high-end range values
  • Damage falloff starts sooner
  • Reduced starting ammunition in PVP

Activities
Strikes

• Weekly Heroic Strike now is a matchmade activity
    • Strikes will be less likely to repeat in Matchmaking rotations for full Fireteams

PVP
General

• Players will now unlock all playlists (Control, Clash, Rumble, Skirmish) simultaneously when unlocking the Crucible.
    • Added a new notification when Crucible modes unlock
    • Crucible maps will be less likely to repeat in Matchmaking rotations for full Fireteams
    • Guardians no longer drop heavy ammunition when killed in PvP
    • Guardians now drop much less special ammunition when killed in PvP
    • Completed matches will now award gear with the proper power level
    • Fixed a bug where there was no audio playing for the bullet that kills them

Event: Iron Banner

• Iron Banner playlist now contains smaller maps in rotation
    • "Focused Aggression" Bounty can now be completed with headshots from Pulse Rifles, Scout Rifles, and Hand Cannons

Items
  • Fixed an issue in which Xur did not carry exotic engrams in inventory on certain dates
  • Crota’s End completion emblem will now be sent to the Postmaster when player inventory is full
  • Ammunition consumables will now work if used when player inventory is full
  • Fixed issues that prevented qualifying players who had deleted their characters from claiming the Tumbler Sparrow from Tess Everis in Tower

User Interface
  • Character inventory screen now displays faction reputation and weekly mark counters
  • Players in public spaces will no longer see voice notifications when a player in a matchmade fireteam enter
  • Players will now see improved notifications when teammates join and depart Team and Fireteam chat channels

Grimoire
  • Combined Arms Grimoire cards will now unlock when completing a Clash or Control game
  • House of Wolves card will now unlock upon the start of Ishtar Collective story mission
  • Guardian Abilities card will be granted when a player enters orbit 
  • Siege Dancers card will be granted upon the start of the Dust Palace Strike
  • Completing Crota's End now adds to the Raid Introduction Grimoire card's Completed statistic
  • Ir Yut grimoire card will now unlock appropriately
  • Siege of the Warmind card will now unlock appropriately
  • Fixed Grimoire scores for the following cards:
    • Omnigul, Will of Crota
    • Ir Yut, the Deathsinger
    • Crota, Son of Oryx
    • The Wakening
    • The Will of Crota
    • Crotas End
    • Ascendant Sword
    • Pantheon
    • Skyshock
    • The Cauldron
    • Might of Crota
    • Ghost Fragment: Rasputin
    • Ghost Fragment: Rasputin 2
    • Ghost Fragment: Hive 4

Technical
  • DLC and Patch systems have been improved
  • Xbox One upsell from trial version to full version no longer makes you leave the game
  • Improved networking resilience to packet reordering
  • Networking improvements for certain routers

Edit
  • Bug was introduced in 1.1.1 patch that caused the Vex Mythoclast to spawn with less ammo in the magazine and reserves in PvP
    • This weapon was affected by overall Fusion Rifle changes because it is treated as a secondary weapon
    • We intend to correct this issue in a future release

Thoughts? I'm glad auto rifles are nerfed...again.

• Upvote (+1) 1