CyReN

Destiny Discussion

you don't want to be 28 on hard mode. most of the guys will one-shot you. 

I'm level 29 shortly after that post. But thanks.

I'm walking up my stairs in my apartment building and I hear someone through their door on the 2nd floor say ,"Only the minotaurs can sacrifice themselves" or something like that. I stop and listen, turns out the guy was doing the raid haha

• Upvote (+1) 1

If you equip weapons/armor you don't want, and turn in bounties, you'll get Exp on them. After all the circles have green borders you can dismantle it for 6-7 ascendants. Don't even have to buy the upgrades.

Good to know.  Thanks.

The Iron Banner changes sound great. It's about time that PvP players had a way to get to 30 that didn't demand PvE.

If anyone wants to join my clan "Lil B The Based God" and have it on your playercard feel free to join: 

http://www.bungie.net/en/Clan/Detail/558688

I assume most of you will be on Xbox (for the MCC, luckily I also have an XB1) but if I could get 2 more PS4 people to join so I could enable the clan that'd be cool.

Besides having something comical on our playercards we could also use it to run raids since I'm ~lvl27 (went down to 26 but to level up raid gear) so I'm always looking for people to run the raid with.

If anyone wants to join my clan "Lil B The Based God" and have it on your playercard feel free to join: 

http://www.bungie.net/en/Clan/Detail/558688

I assume most of you will be on Xbox (for the MCC, luckily I also have an XB1) but if I could get 2 more PS4 people to join so I could enable the clan that'd be cool.

Besides having something comical on our playercards we could also use it to run raids since I'm ~lvl27 (went down to 26 but to level up raid gear) so I'm always looking for people to run the raid with.

We've got an official Beyond Entertainment Clan.

Didn't Bungie say in one of their latest weekly updates that they were nerfing the suros regime? 

Don't believe that it has been addressed yet

where can i find someone to make a montage for me. i have a ridiculous amount of good clips just waiting to be used.

Don't believe that it has been addressed yet

I think they heavily hinted at it by saying "Suros Regime, for instance, is still too effective for PvP compared to other Exotics"

Glad they're updating the Iron Banner.  REALLY happy they're making it so that iron banner gear can get you to 30.  IDK why it didn't in the first place.  IMO IB gear is way more awesome looking than raid gear.

I think they heavily hinted at it by saying "Suros Regime, for instance, is still too effective for PvP compared to other Exotics"

You're right, they mentioned it, but in a broad sense. Probably looking into it for now.

Glad they're updating the Iron Banner.  REALLY happy they're making it so that iron banner gear can get you to 30.  IDK why it didn't in the first place.  IMO IB gear is way more awesome looking than raid gear.

Read here (recap of the Weekly Update), the gear will now bring you to 30 when they update it :>

I agree, not only is it a one week event, but the gear even looks cooler, it should be the best gear available.

I feel the same way about Queen's Wrath. The gear for any event should be hard to earn and raise you to 30, maybe even 35 if they decide to raise the cap.

You're right, they mentioned it, but in a broad sense. Probably looking into it for now.

I can't imagine they wont nerf it. Especially with Xur selling it this weekend, PvP is going to be nothing but Suro's Regimes. 

Read here (recap of the Weekly Update), the gear will now bring you to 30 when they update it :>

I agree, not only is it a one week event, but the gear even looks cooler, it should be the best gear available.

I feel the same way about Queen's Wrath. The gear for any event should be hard to earn and raise you to 30, maybe even 35 if they decide to raise the cap.

Pretty sure the cap will be raised with DLC.  Read somewhere that the new raid with the DLC is going to have a normal level of 30 and hard 32.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Pretty sure the cap will be raised with DLC. Read somewhere that the new raid with the DLC is going to have a normal level of 30 and hard 32.

Yep. The DLC raid gear will enable players to reach level 32 (not confirmed, but that's what it looks like) with the vault starting at 30 and 32 as hard mode.

Also, there appears to be a new level 28 strike playlist on the way.

Why is Bungie so quick to call their playlists "Competitve" in the most non-competitive FPS multiplayer but they waited so long to bring a competitive/mlg playlist in Halo 3?  Shit boggles my mind.

I like the game. I REALLY enjoy playing Crucible, but there are a lot of small issues that need to be addressed in the entire game to make it a great game. Bottom line: Bungie is trying something new, and not all of it is working right. That is what happens. They need time to address those problems and add more to the game. Then we will see it as a great game, but for now it seems as like they dont know what to fix/update first. They are just improving stuff when fans complain about it too much, not where they really notice that there are missing storytelling elements, characters, and balancing across the board that needs to be done. But I will wait and enjoy this game till it becomes boring. There is lots of lore, but you have to dig for it. Not only in the game itself, but also in the Grimoire Cards.

If they dont add a lot of good stuff in the next year or so, I might just not play this game much. I still enjoy it though, because I have friends that understand this game pretty well. Its not just an FPS, but its an attempt at an open world shooter with interestiny multiplayer senarios that need help.

One thing I see is that there really isnt a long term goal to Destinys multiplayer. You just have fun with it...and that is a good thing and a bad thing. As long as there are future tournaments or something to keep people interested in playing the game and winning prizes, this will begin to be a great game. But Halo is looking to completely take that over very soon :)

And the end of the day, Bungie doesnt have experience designing games of Destiny's genre, and time will tell if they improve a lot, or just do the same thing they are doing now for the next couple years and we see that they dont know what they are doing. I do believe that they can still work on it and make fixes to this potentially amazing game.

• Downvote (-1) 1

Honestly, it is so hard for me to play this game anymore. Playing it on PS4 and never having friends to do the VoG is part of it, but PvP has taken its toll on my interest in this game, which is rather unfortunate.

Does anyone know if the free generation upgrade works the other way?

I.e. if I buy the xbox one version digitally, can I download it to my 360 for free?

Does anyone know if the free generation upgrade works the other way?

I.e. if I buy the xbox one version digitally, can I download it to my 360 for free?

Sadly, no.

If you already bought the Xbox One version, you are out of luck, but if you want an Xbox One, just buy the 360 version and D/L on Xbox One instead.

Sadly, no.

If you already bought the Xbox One version, you are out of luck, but if you want an Xbox One, just buy the 360 version and D/L on Xbox One instead.

Cheers. I have a One and a 360. Wanted to buy it cheap digitally (was gonna switch from NZ to HK region) but I can only buy the One version like that.

Got The Last Word as a raid reward last night. Bungie finally made a decent successor to the Halo1 Pistol; what a shame they never had the decency to do it for Halo.