CyReN

Destiny Discussion

People are going into this game with a Halo mindset and that's where you're going wrong!

Also don't expect a hardcore skillfull MP too.

The game is just total joy for me too play. I only got this game too tie me over until MCC and it's doing that just fine for now.

• Upvote (+1) 4

I've been watching hours of Campaign and Multiplayer, figuring out how the mechanics work, seeing how enemies react, seeing how the story unfolds...

And it is not good.

I'm not looking at this from a Halo standpoint; the game itself is lackluster and forgettable. It is a sub-par MMO, and it is a sub-par shooter. Bungie's arrogance, from how it looks right now, will ultimately have them go out of business. Their standpoint from the very beginning has lead them tumbling downward into idiocy. The only reason they are still alive is because of the few good people behind the scenes that managed to make Halo good, before they left.

But now, they don't have those people for Destiny. So they need to get their fucking heads out of their asses and fix their damn game pronto. DLC and stupid campaigns isn't gonna keep the game going. They need to fix the guns, the aiming, the movement, the AI, and the story.

If they can't even do that, the only legend they'll become is The Studio That Fucked Themselves Slowly.

• Upvote (+1) 2
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Just hit lvl 20 last night, grinding in the crucible for New Monarchy (I like the all red armor) and it dawned on me just how much of a grind it is just to get high enough to buy their guns, armor, emblems, etc. 

How do you get armor with Light on it? I can't buy any because its not available, and the only kind I got was in the crucible when I hit 20, I guess eventually I will keep grinding and unlock more armor with Light? 

• Upvote (+1) 1

People are going into this game with a Halo mindset and that's where you're going wrong!

Also don't expect a hardcore skillfull MP too.

The game is just total joy for me too play. I only got this game too tie me over until MCC and it's doing that just fine for now.

If your goal was to just have a placeholder until MCC - then I can agree with you. 

But then again, I could play a ton of different games to tide me over.

I give bungie props on their marketing - they made the hype train take off to the moon. 

I just have not been impressed with the game personally, I mean sure it "looks nice" but just not something I would invest in really. 

Bungie made their money back on the development and distribution - so I guess thats a win for them.

But developers seem to be in it for that $$ -- like we saw with 343 and H4.

"The most successful (selling) Halo of all time!" I believe is what the headlines read. 

and if we are looking at it through the eyes of sales, then Destiny is a success?

But as for a quality game, it has a few strong points, but too many over glaring weaknesses in my book. The hype was not real. 

I really like the way the game feels and plays. Gunplay seems like it could be really fun. Supers in matchmaking should be power ups/powerweapons.....not like kill streaks. I don't like how so many FPS have so many one hit kill things in them all the time. I want to outshoot people.....

It'd definitely be more fun if I was playing with my friends though. But no-one has a new console. :/ meh.

Halo MCC/5 though....and the Division. And the Witcher? Mmmm....now that's gonna be good stuff.

• Upvote (+1) 1

I actually enjoyed the campaign, there's less of a story element than Halo but i think the missions are probably better overall, better than killing grunts anyway.

But, bungie has really declined since h3.

I understand why bungie wants to make the game fun for everyone, but since reach they are going out of there way to make sure there is no competitive element to the game , at all, of any description. This is worse than copying Cod.

Anyway my 2 biggest issues ;-

1) I just just played 24hrs + of Destiny since midnight release, and I haven't spoken to anyone online, not even once. This is shit. Most of my friends are out of the console gaming phase or don't have an xbox one. I bought an xbox one when I heard about MCC. So on Destiny I don't have anyone to play with. They must expect me to go on their forums and join a clan just to get a fireteam together, that isn't going to happen.

FIX the social chat .

2) Crucible is pointless. I'm trying not to compare it to Halo and thinking of it all as a fresh game, but, Its just too much of a grind. Theres no one to talk to, and there's nothing to play for. Maybe I'm just weird but I don't want to grind out 200 matches of unblanced mayhem just to unlock 1 fancy gun with my crucible marks. Even Cod has custom games if you want to play against some better players on GB or something. But Destiny is just too much of a grind and I have yet to understand why people are grinding it. 

I've played a fair bit of Vanguard strikes and I'm pretty sure I've already played all the missions.... now what? I think Bungie are actually expecting me to beat all the bosses another 10 times to unlock better weapons, despite it taking like 1+ hrs each time. Despite people quitting out near the end and sometimes having to restart the whole thing from scratch cos the matchmaking system doesn't fill in the other players quick enough.

I'm tempted to make a thread on bungie.net with a petition to add voice chat, some sort of ranks or rewards to winning crucible games otherwise im shocking myself to say it im probably going to be done with this massive disappointment after just 3 days.

• Upvote (+1) 1

I really like the way the game feels and plays. Gunplay seems like it could be really fun. Supers in matchmaking should be power ups/powerweapons.....not like kill streaks. I don't like how so many FPS have so many one hit kill things in them all the time. I want to outshoot people.....

It'd definitely be more fun if I was playing with my friends though. But no-one has a new console. :/ meh.

Halo MCC/5 though....and the Division. And the Witcher? Mmmm....now that's gonna be good stuff.

Holy cow... how incredible does that game look? 

I can't friggin wait

Video on how to farm kills (Level 14+ recommended)

Personally haven't tried it, but it looks pretty legitimate. 

6.4 user Meta on Ps4 and 5.4 on XB1 right now....it looks like people are already getting bored of the repetitiveness of the missions/battles which is its biggest flaw. Having to "grind" out the same missions and strikes over and over for better gear is part of the MMO formula yes, and I can see with future DLC's and better social interaction this game getting much better but right now its kind of meh.

I also don't like the random rewards you get in pvp, I had three games last night in a row where I led the team in kills/assists and got nothing while a dude with 6-8 kills got a freakin legendary engram :salt: . The better you do in the match the better chance you should have to get the rare/legendary gear in my opinion, there is nothing "competitive" about this reward system right now its a dice roll. Sniper>Shotgun though, I have been just destroying with the sniper in this game for some reason.

Destiny seems like Diablo 3 right now with how "safe" and repetitive it originally was, but we all know how greatly Diablo 3 improved with the DLC's and updates. I guess we will have to wait and see if Bungie can deliver the consistent support to Destiny to keep it interesting because right now its lacking.

• Upvote (+1) 1

How do you get armor with Light on it? I can't buy any because its not available, and the only kind I got was in the crucible when I hit 20, I guess eventually I will keep grinding and unlock more armor with Light? 

Do strikes and such on harder difficulties. You will get them as drops.

• Upvote (+1) 1

I wonder if Bungie would ever add in a No radar, no Supers playlist. Would be so amazing and probably get really competitive... 

• Upvote (+1) 2

The game does already feel like kind of a pointless grind, but I'm hoping they can at least maintain some interest where they'll be having special events and vendors for the weekends (in addition to the large raids), and using what little time is available during the week to maybe do a couple of bounties or something to improve crucible and vanguard score. 

It is really weird with the lack of voice communication with other players and there not being any NPC's to interact with.  The whole NPC thing doesn't really bother me that much, but the formula of missions and the story don't really seem to add much to the overall game. 

• Upvote (+1) 1

I wonder if Bungie would ever add in a No radar, no Supers playlist. Would be so amazing and probably get really competitive... 

I agree that would be a great playlist. I hate that there's no way to sneak on people the way the radar is set up. But IF Bungie were to implement this playlist, it wouldn't be for a long while. They have a lot of fixing on their plate at the moment. 

• Upvote (+1) 1

6.4 user Meta on Ps4 and 5.4 on XB1 right now....it looks like people are already getting bored of the repetitiveness of the missions/battles which is its biggest flaw. Having to "grind" out the same missions and strikes over and over for better gear is part of the MMO formula yes, and I can see with future DLC's and better social interaction this game getting much better but right now its kind of meh.

I also don't like the random rewards you get in pvp, I had three games last night in a row where I led the team in kills/assists and got nothing while a dude with 6-8 kills got a freakin legendary engram :salt: . The better you do in the match the better chance you should have to get the rare/legendary gear in my opinion, there is nothing "competitive" about this reward system right now its a dice roll. Sniper>Shotgun though, I have been just destroying with the sniper in this game for some reason.

Destiny seems like Diablo 3 right now with how "safe" and repetitive it originally was, but we all know how greatly Diablo 3 improved with the DLC's and updates. I guess we will have to wait and see if Bungie can deliver the consistent support to Destiny to keep it interesting because right now its lacking.

Dude I swear to god it favors those who do poorly. Almost every single time I play PvP the person who's last on our team gets an item and it's extremely rare for the person in 1st to get anything. Their formula is complete bullshit. 

Who is able to teleport?  Most OP ability in Diablo 2 as well.  Whatever character and class can do that, that's what I'm going for next. 

I'm done, never giving Bungie another chance. Will not pay for DLC, will not get sequel. Pure trash. I knew it was going to suck, but God damn I wasn't expecting to beat the game in 3 measly sittings.

I hate the video game industry so much.. Fuck all the major studios.

• Upvote (+1) 3

I was kind of disappointed as well that I was able to reach level 20 in 3 days, and those were all like four hour sittings. 

I do appreciate it doesn't take you forever to level up to the max (Diablo 2 cow runs anybody?), but they should have done a better job of finding a happy medium as the way it is now it just seems empty once you hit that max level.

Same with SR 130 in Halo 4, though it didn't really mean anything retrospectively. 

I've been grinding this spot a lot and it pays off, although it takes a good amount of time. Actually just got a Legendary Engram.

• Upvote (+1) 1

I see in reviews that people were "expecting more from an MMO" when it really isn't an MMO to begin with

• Upvote (+1) 1

Farming glimmer is worthless.  You can't really buy anything good with it...

Anyone wanting to do the weekly heroic strike hit me up GT: Slaughterrmelon (yes, 2r's)

These high level strikes are ridiculous hard.

• Upvote (+1) 1

no halo button layout? really Bungie? You're finding new and different ways to piss me off, 10 years later. It's almost funny.

Kind of wish they put in bumper jumper at least.

they have the titanfall version of bumper jumper, as in LB=jump lol aaaaand thats it. but they retain the cod shooting config (LT=aim, RT=shoot)

this is actually the config I prefer, for players that play multiple shooters its probably the best to be able to switch fluidly. hoping there's a BJ1 and BJ2 configs in H5.

Did everyone who had good ideas and a good grasp of games leave Bungie after halo 3?

After reach it's like they are desperate to piss any remotely competitive player off. The fact they removed the ranking system in reach and added things to reduce a skill gap for bad players.

And now Destiny. They expect everyone to play 100 hours of the same strike missions to unlock a gun that looks and feels the same as the other good guns you have. There isn't even a XP grind in PvP. Relatively no skill in the PvP whatsoever, and that will sometimes happen for new base settings in a game but they have removed any possibility of even playing the game at a higher level. Honestly in the PvP you either camp in the middle of a map and spam a rifle across map for the kills or you don't. Pretty much any 1v1 confrontation is a dice roll to who gets the kill, who has been saving up their super, who has packed the shotgun on the moon map and is now reaping the rewards in a closed space. Well at least you don't have to hear teammates complaining about it .... -_-

Bungie suck. 

Its a nice looking game and all, i like some of the things in it. The PvE was good until it got stale but that's what Destiny is starting to feeling like right now, very very stale and pointless in almost every aspect.

• Upvote (+1) 1