CyReN

Destiny Discussion

I didn't get a chance to play the beta, such a bummer.

From an honest unbiased POV, can anyone see the PVP creating a great experience throughout its life cycle or will this game mainly focus on its PVE aspect?

I didn't get to play so I cant really judge, I just don't want it to turn out like Titanfall where after the initial month of playing the hype and game play just completely dies down.

From an honest unbiased POV, can anyone see the PVP creating a great experience throughout its life cycle or will this game mainly focus on its PVE aspect?

I didn't get to play so I cant really judge, I just don't want it to turn out like Titanfall where after the initial month of playing the hype and game play just completely dies down.

Bungie is aiming to support both PvE and PvP like any developer would support a game post launch. They're made to compliment each other. It'll all be down to people's preference and if the support holds up. 

The PvP has the chance to be great. Competitive to our degree? Probably not, but it can be enjoyable at times and has the potential to be one of the best shooters this year. 

I don't think the PvP will be its most attractive aspect, unlike Halo was. The PvE, to me, is much more enjoyable. However, the PvP is okay but I can't see it being too competitive.

Bungie is aiming to support both PvE and PvP like any developer would support a game post launch. They're made to compliment each other. It'll all be down to people's preference and if the support holds up. 

The PvP has the chance to be great. Competitive to our degree? Probably not, but it can be enjoyable at times and has the potential to be one of the best shooters this year. 

I can't help but think the pvp in Destiny is what Bungie envisioned Halo to be. It reminds me a bit of Halo reach/4 with the abilities which is okay being its own game, but it just makes me think Destiny was the game they wanted to turn Halo into IMO.

It did look very fun however I didn't get a chance to play so I don't know how competitively viable it is. It does look very fun though.

Isn't the guy that started this topic, Gamesager, the guy who tried to cheat during the Truck challenge that Strongside won? He either tried to cheat or played like 20 hours a day

The irony

• Upvote (+1) 1

Your score is insane. Hunter is definitely the best class. 

I really enjoyed the PvP despite its issues. Here's mine: geob0zM.png

Shores of Time is  :goat:

How are you seeing your full stats like that? I signed into bnet, but can't seem to find it anywhere.

How are you seeing your full stats like that? I signed into bnet, but can't seem to find it anywhere.

Destinytracker.com

Pvp is fun casual play for me. I wouldn't take it too seriously IMO

PvE is where it's at. Mix of MMO and co-op FPS RPGs like Borderlands 2

So hyped for Destiny. Please message me here or add me on xbox live if you and/or your friends want to do raids together on Xbox One. I already have a committed fire team of 3, looking for 3 more.

I can't help but think the pvp in Destiny is what Bungie envisioned Halo to be. It reminds me a bit of Halo reach/4 with the abilities which is okay being its own game, but it just makes me think Destiny was the game they wanted to turn Halo into IMO.

It did look very fun however I didn't get a chance to play so I don't know how competitively viable it is. It does look very fun though.

I can kind of see what you're saying, but from first hand experience playing it, I didn't get that impression. I didn't really get much in the way of Halo memories or feelings related to Halo. The overall feel of the game is much more unique.

The only time I would get frustrated was the OP Supers aka Nova blast. Or dat Fusion Rifle. :salt:

Destiny will never played on LAN lol

why do you say that ? Did they not say they were going to add it post launch?

why do you say that ? Did they not say they were going to add it post launch?

Doesn't matter if there is Custom Game/System Link support, the game is all about your own character, and because of that, YOUR weapons are important in PvP. For one thing, your Guardians are tied to your account, not you hard drive, so you'd have to have an internet connection at events to download everyone's profiles.

Of course I'll play devils advocate. Let's say there are custom game options that let you spawn with generic weapons, or preset loadouts. Then the game just becomes 80% Call of Duty, and it loses the thing that makes Destiny unique.

Not having any sort of trading with other players is such a shame in a game like this. 

Not having any sort of trading with other players is such a shame in a game like this. 

Destiny 2 or patch. I agree but we'll have to see how it plays out.

Destiny 2 or patch. I agree but we'll have to see how it plays out.

I don't know why its starting to be the new trend. It happened in Diablo 3 as well but even they had to put in a small form of trading because the demand for it is too high. 

Nonetheless still looking forward to the game.

So who wants to conquer the Vault with me

I'll conquer your vault. 

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) 

• Upvote (+1) 2