CyReN

Destiny Discussion

So I haven't even installed the beta and I loved the alpha, had a lot of fun but haven't felt the urge to play it.

For everyone that didn't play the alpha, what's your opinion on the game?

Not sure what the opinion of the game is but I'm having A LOT of fun. Playing with my friend and gettin some sweet weapons and got some skills. Been playing hard mode and it's hard as shit. Enemies in both modes are very aggressive it seems, definitely better than the BL2 AI (great game btw)

I've been playing Titan and his hulk smash move looks so fun to mess around with

When I first installed it no text or help icons were visible, luckily reinstalling fixed this. SInce then I've only managed to get in a few minutes playing, but my initial impression is that environments are great and that it feels pretty good aside from the strafing somehow being even worse than Halo 3/Reach.

I'll be interested to see how PvP handles tonight, but my absolute first impression is that I'm still a sceptic for PvP but that the exploratory nature of the main game seems promising.

My first impression is the game is fun, and meant to be a fun game for almost anyone. It also looks to be a deep game,  I can see countless hours being spent leveling up my character's abilities, exploring the solar system, and finding and upgrading new gear. The combat is also pretty damn smooth I must admit despite the dominance of ADS. and the enemy AI is pretty awesome and difficult on hard mode.

Ive already had multiple encounters with other players and I am only level 5, the public events were nothing spectacular but they could get better. I see alot of people buying and enjoying this game, Bungie wont need to attract the hardcore pvp audience for this game to be successful.

The atrocious aim acceleration pretty much ruins the experience. Campaign could have some real legs if I wasn't constantly fighting against the aiming mechanics. The Crucible is pretty much what I expected and that is a continuation of where Bungie was taking Halo; a disjointed mess with overpowered weapons and abilities flying everywhere. They're shoehorning it into the campaign and so you need to sit through a bunch of long loading screens just to get to a match.

• Upvote (+1) 3

I've only played 1 PvP game and it was alright.  Not something that would keep me hooked like the old Halo games.  The rest of the game is fun as hell though.  Wasn't a big fan of Borderlands 2 but thought that if there was a game like this that had decent controls that it may be pretty damn fun.  Well I think this may be that game.  I can see myself wasting a lot of time exploring around.  One thing that kinda bugs me is that the enemies in the open world seem to spawn in the same spot over and over again making it get kind of predictable.  

Really enjoying it so far and starting to get the hang of it now.  Supers are a little annoying.  I have been using a scout rifle with a slow rate of fire in PVP and it wrecks.  3 shot kills if you get 1 or 2 head shots.  In close range, you can hip fire it like a DMR

• Upvote (+1) 1

I have to be honest, I'm not really digging it. The single player is probably the best part for me. Played the PvP for a few hours, and it just feels underwhelming. The game has been described as a cross between CoD and Halo, and maybe it feels that way, but I just don't get it. I feel like I'd rather play Halo or CoD individually. I'm thinking it's going to be another Titanfall to me. Titanfall was fun for a few weeks, but I lost interest in it really quickly and sold the game after about a month. 

• Upvote (+1) 2

Spartan Ops on steroids for the PVE. PVP really reminds me of Crysis and Halo 4. I was having deja vu of Longbow and the space Forge World when playing on the moon level. And play some Destiny PVE then go jam Spartan Ops, tell me that ain't like a Destiny mini game lol.